Yes
31 (24.2%)
No
91 (71.1%)
Not sure
6 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Lady in Red and Black

I think it should be used within controlled limits.
For the likes of those child abusers and fiddlers etc... well the ultimate punishment for the should be to get their bits whacked off, get neutered like a dog! Same for rapists too!
I know prison is meant to rehabilitate people and all that but if they have no bits they cannot commit/have less desire to commit the crime!
It sounds a tad wicked, we are meant to forgive and all that but there are some evil people on this earth!
"Be advised my passport's green. No glass of ours was ever raised to toast the Queen."

ballinaman

Quote from: Declan on November 11, 2009, 04:50:55 PM
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind

Unless there is some sort of eye transplant scheme.....

one for the road

Gonna agree with the Lady

For ***** like paedos and fiddlers then its the death penalty for sure, the likes of josef fritzell etc should be tortured and then executed

Alco Pup

Any time I hear of a case like Jamie Bulger, it makes me think that the death penalty should be called for, especially when you hear how much of a summer camp that "jail" has become .

But at the same time, if I was sitting on a jury and had the choice to either have a man executed or given a life sentence, I know that I couldn't have them executed.  There is always that small chance of them being innocent...

Can we bring back flogging??  :P

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Throw in Cameron Todd Willingham as well, also an example of Texas "justice".

Don't know how anyone can possibly support the use of the death penalty given the flaws in justice systems.

I wonder will the people who are responsible for this man being falsely convicted and put to death be held accountable?

Lecale2

As someone once shouted in the High Court -  "Hanging's too good for the like of ye. It's a good kick in the arse ye need."

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

seafoid

People get very excited about paedophiles but white collar crime is grand.
So where would you draw the line? Who lied to Lenihan about the guarantee and sank the country ?
Is that an executable offence?   

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2012, 10:47:47 PM
People get very excited about paedophiles but white collar crime is grand.
So where would you draw the line? Who lied to Lenihan about the guarantee and sank the country ?
Is that an executable offence?
What monetary value for white collar crime equates to raping a child? £million? £billion? Who decides?

Armaghgeddon

As my criminology lecturer once said:

Just because we are on the side of the angels, it dosen't mean we should use the methods of the devil.

I would be more in favour of hard manual labour so they repay society back and dont get it easy.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 15, 2012, 11:10:29 PM

Just because we are on the side of the angels, it dosen't mean we should use the methods of the devil.

I would be more in favour of hard manual labour so they repay society back and dont get it easy.
Aye there is plenty the hoors could be doing. Would have to make sure to respect their human rights though.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2012, 11:17:33 PM

Aye there is plenty the hoors could be doing. Would have to make sure to respect their human rights though.

The basic principles of normal society should operate. If you dont work, you dont get money, if you dont get money, you dont eat.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 15, 2012, 11:28:58 PM

The basic principles of normal society should operate. If you dont work, you dont get money, if you dont get money, you dont eat.

Again another case of where do you draw the line? What about people with physcial, mental or severe learning disabilities? How about people with addictions which cripple them socially? What about pregnant women? What about single parent families? What about the elderly? What about refugees not yet allowed to work legally?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 15, 2012, 11:33:28 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 15, 2012, 11:28:58 PM

Again another case of where do you draw the line? What about people with physcial, mental or severe learning disabilities? How about people with addictions which cripple them socially? What about pregnant women? What about single parent families? What about the elderly? What about refugees not yet allowed to work legally?

Severe learning disabilities does not stop someone from doing manual labour.
It is Based on your stance on the use of prisons; is it a place for punishment or a place of rehabilitation so they can be accepted into society again. If you have an addiction help should be (and I think it is) given and then they can work. Pregnant women can work after 9 months can't they? Elderly could do other work that isnt hard manual labour and refugees should be deported.