Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Anyone else watching the Usain Bolt Documentary on BBC 1 now?
Great show so far.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Quote from: laoislad on July 31, 2017, 09:44:25 PM
Great show so far.

Not watching. I'd imagine it's a fictional piece how chicken nuggets can help win multiple titles. Ignoring the elephant in the room.

Milltown Row2

Yeah he's completely fake! Huge drug user who's never been caught (tested multiple times) but to the cynics guilty by whatever suits their needs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 31, 2017, 10:15:29 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 31, 2017, 09:44:25 PM
Great show so far.

Not watching. I'd imagine it's a fictional piece how chicken nuggets can help win multiple titles. Ignoring the elephant in the room.

What is it, top 20 100m times of all time and he is the only clean one ?  :-\

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2017, 10:49:31 PM
Yeah he's completely fake! Huge drug user who's never been caught (tested multiple times) but to the cynics guilty by whatever suits their needs

He's from a country that has one of the worst drug testing regimes. How many times did Lance pass drugs tests? It's like Mo Farrah saying he'll never fail a drug test rather than he never took drugs.

Every sport it is rampant. Tennis. Djokovic has took a break similar to Federer last year. Odds are that he'll come back and win a couple majors. Nothing suspicious.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 31, 2017, 11:19:41 PM

He's from a country that has one of the worst drug testing regimes. How many times did Lance pass drugs tests? It's like Mo Farrah saying he'll never fail a drug test rather than he never took drugs.

Every sport it is rampant. Tennis. Djokovic has took a break similar to Federer last year. Odds are that he'll come back and win a couple majors. Nothing suspicious.

Let him get caught first ffs! Stick to Bolt instead of the others that got caught.. should he be caught then fine, he'll be tarnished like the rest... I suppose to you any winners or top 20 in any sport is a cheat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2017, 11:41:49 PM

Let him get caught first ffs! Stick to Bolt instead of the others that got caught.. should he be caught then fine, he'll be tarnished like the rest... I suppose to you any winners or top 20 in any sport is a cheat

If there's suspicion than yeah. 2012 London Olympics was a watershed moment where a large percentage of athletes are under suspicion and then you have Lord Coe implicit in it all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 31, 2017, 11:45:58 PM

If there's suspicion than yeah. 2012 London Olympics was a watershed moment where a large percentage of athletes are under suspicion and then you have Lord Coe implicit in it all.

So your suspicions are??

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 12:02:10 AM

So your suspicions are??

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4742690/Was-London-2012-fact-dirtiest-Olympics-ever.html

Not just mine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 01, 2017, 11:17:42 AM

So your suspicions are??

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4742690/Was-London-2012-fact-dirtiest-Olympics-ever.html

Not just mine.

I scanned through that and not once did Bolt's name come up as a cheat, so is Bolt a cheat?

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 12:34:53 PM

So your suspicions are??

Not just mine.

I scanned through that and not once did Bolt's name come up as a cheat, so is Bolt a cheat?

Between the 2007 World Championships and 2008 Olympics his 200 metres time improved by over 0.6 of a second. This was the days pre biological passport and Jamica doesn't do random drug tests. It would be naive to say he wasn't using performance enhancers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 01, 2017, 12:49:07 PM

So your suspicions are??

Not just mine.

Between the 2007 World Championships and 2008 Olympics his 200 metres time improved by over 0.6 of a second. This was the days pre biological passport and Jamica doesn't do random drug tests. It would be naive to say he wasn't using performance enhancers.

Look I'm not saying he is or he's not, but he hasnt failed a drug test and he'd be tested at every event he goes to, so until then (if ever) I'll take it that hes the best sprinter that has ever been...

Would it would be libellous to say he is a drug cheat?

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 12:54:57 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 01, 2017, 12:49:07 PM

So your suspicions are??

Not just mine.

Look I'm not saying he is or he's not, but he hasnt failed a drug test and he'd be tested at every event he goes to, so until then (if ever) I'll take it that hes the best sprinter that has ever been...

Would it would be libellous to say he is a drug cheat?

It probably would. But certain athletes are held in higher esteem than others. Ferderer, Bolt, Farah etc... are media darlings and in essence untouchable and can't be questioned. Mo Farah for example has lied on numerous occasions about his relationship with known dopers and this is convienitly ignored. The 30 fastest 100 metres of all time, 21 are known drug cheaters, the other 9 are Bolts. Nadal has being scrutinised and rightly so about his dealings with certain doctors but Federer is under no scrutiny about all of a sudden winning two slams and saying he's never felt fitter.

lfdown2

Quote from: heffo on July 17, 2017, 10:09:57 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2017, 06:11:46 PM
I see the Dublin Marathon has sold out 3 months early!
Anyone doing it?
Not doing it myself this year, not that I could now even if I wanted too now it's sold out!

Am signed up

Signed up too - first Dublin marathon, 2nd marathon, should be a bit cooler than the first (28 degrees) in Paris. Looking forward to it being over!

mrdeeds