The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Genuine question - What are the thoughts on Carragher's comments and commentary on the game yesterday and Klopp?

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on April 24, 2017, 10:17:26 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2017, 10:13:50 AM
Genuine question - What are the thoughts on Carragher's comments and commentary on the game yesterday and Klopp?
What did he say? I watched it on a different channel

As a United fan I think he dug Klopp out for a number of different things, not making changes (subs), not changing tactics and not improving the squad last summer when he had the chance.

Just to me seemed to be the first direct criticism of Klopp and questioning of him.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2017, 10:43:00 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 24, 2017, 10:17:26 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 24, 2017, 10:13:50 AM
What did he say? I watched it on a different channel

As a United fan I think he dug Klopp out for a number of different things, not making changes (subs), not changing tactics and not improving the squad last summer when he had the chance.

Just to me seemed to be the first direct criticism of Klopp and questioning of him.

Yeah I don't think he was overly harsh though, he did preface it all by saying he is a massive fan of his but he is slow to make changes and the comment about leaving himself short squad wise was fair enough. Couldn't really argue with any of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

Liverpool caving in against the lower half teams goes right back to Rafa's days. Hard to figure it out but is becoming entirely predictable. Must be a mental thing.

Milltown Row2

I ask last year and the year before, do Liverpool have a cash flow problem? Why has the squad not been built on? If Liverpool had the injury crisis of other clubs they would never be a top four team this year... one of the best 11 teams, but if they have to dip into their sub bench it becomes a bit ordinary....Is there money to be released once he gets top 4?

Look what Chelsea could do at the weekend, bring on Hazard and Costa.. So has Klopp any money to buy players? Has he been told to not buy players or has he control over the signings?

Strange
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Apparently 200m to spend this summer. Not sure if that's yen or rupees.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 10:58:30 AM
I ask last year and the year before, do Liverpool have a cash flow problem? Why has the squad not been built on? If Liverpool had the injury crisis of other clubs they would never be a top four team this year... one of the best 11 teams, but if they have to dip into their sub bench it becomes a bit ordinary....Is there money to be released once he gets top 4?

Look what Chelsea could do at the weekend, bring on Hazard and Costa.. So has Klopp any money to buy players? Has he been told to not buy players or has he control over the signings?

Strange

Carraghers accusation yesterday and I know he was saying about being a big fan etc was that, he had the opportunity to add to the squad in the summer and chose not too, therefore leaving himself with the bench he had yesterday and unable to change the game. So the money must be there and he didnt either see the players he wanted or the value that he needed.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2017, 11:11:50 AM

Is it a "war chest" ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Walter Cronc

Lira!

north_antrim_hound

200m isnt enough to sort out a good team and bench

man u will spend more than that
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Minus15

There was nothing new in what Carragher was saying yesterday. He has been saying that stuff since the turn of the year and is spot on.

Summer transfer window will be massive for Klopp. Next season, if he is slow to make changes or lack's trust in his subs, it will be entirely of his own doing.

He was right to trim the squad so much last summer and get rid of players he did but has been unlucky with injuries and it has shown squad up. European football next year means squad needs to be about 5-6 men larger.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minus15 on April 24, 2017, 11:54:57 AM
There was nothing new in what Carragher was saying yesterday. He has been saying that stuff since the turn of the year and is spot on.

Summer transfer window will be massive for Klopp. Next season, if he is slow to make changes or lack's trust in his subs, it will be entirely of his own doing.

He was right to trim the squad so much last summer and get rid of players he did but has been unlucky with injuries and it has shown squad up. European football next year means squad needs to be about 5-6 men larger.

Trimming is fine providing you replace the ones you dont want with better ones!! I'd still have Klopp as a manager though, when he gets it right i'm sure Liverpool will be winning titles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 24, 2017, 11:39:23 AM

It becomes a bigger issue if your decent players start wanting to leave due to lack of CL matches. Yes, money will be made form their sale but you are then looking at purchasing an unknown quantity. Yesterday's defeat was a real hammer blow but as the lads have said not surprising at all. It is incredibly frustrating to see and I've certainly almost become accustomed to them f**king up against teams in the lower half, yet raising their game for the top 6 to 8 teams.

Over the past few years they have had decent firepower to score goals but are limited defensively. Especially at set pieces and if you have a team more commited and comfotable going forward, then against the lower teams who are sitting deep absorbing pressure, you leave yourself susceptible to goals from a counter-attack.

Fed up talking about it to be honest  :'(

The Stallion

It is clear Klopp is not a very good manager, and yet almost all Liverpool supporters are still worshipping the ground he walks on rather than agreeing he needs replaced.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 24, 2017, 01:38:05 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 24, 2017, 11:39:23 AM

It becomes a bigger issue if your decent players start wanting to leave due to lack of CL matches. Yes, money will be made form their sale but you are then looking at purchasing an unknown quantity. Yesterday's defeat was a real hammer blow but as the lads have said not surprising at all. It is incredibly frustrating to see and I've certainly almost become accustomed to them f**king up against teams in the lower half, yet raising their game for the top 6 to 8 teams.

Over the past few years they have had decent firepower to score goals but are limited defensively. Especially at set pieces and if you have a team more commited and comfotable going forward, then against the lower teams who are sitting deep absorbing pressure, you leave yourself susceptible to goals from a counter-attack.

Fed up talking about it to be honest  :'(

Can't argue with that especially defence
Loveren klavan Moreno can be good for 80 minutes and then do something school boy
In fairness Liverpool are ravished with injuries
Some might blame the club for that but Henderson and lalana got hurt training with England
Top 4 is looking very shaky now
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets