The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

I'll try my best Dec. Thanks for the advice

dclane

Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 04:18:15 PM
I have a 5 yr old niece who could probably do as well as Klopp. I'm not sure if she has her coaching badges though.
Good for her,she has a bright future in the game ahead of her I'm sure.
For now though as you said she hasn't her coaching badges yet so I'm still waiting on a name or names of managers whom you would deem good enough to take over from Klopp and who Liverpool FC could realistically hire?
Thanks. I'll be waiting for your reply.

JoG2

Low and behold, a 'new' poster emerges to engage with the resident bin lid. Whoever runs this place, you're better than this surely

And yes, the Shetland did mock and belittle the Hillsborough tragedy as a couple of others (tabclear and Milltown I think it was) mentioned. The post has been deleted, and the calls by him for people of prove it, absolutely pathetic. As I said a couple of days ago, a train wreck of a thread

The Stallion

Quote from: dclane on May 22, 2017, 04:29:34 PM
I have a 5 yr old niece who could probably do as well as Klopp. I'm not sure if she has her coaching badges though.
For now though as you said she hasn't her coaching badges yet so I'm still waiting on a name or names of managers whom you would deem good enough to take over from Klopp and who Liverpool FC could realistically hire?

I have already stated that without ascertaining prospective managers' views I am unable to provide you with a list.

This seems to be problematic for you. Out of curiosity, did you book today off specifically to ask a question repeatedly which I've already answered?

The Stallion

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
Low and behold, a 'new' poster emerges to engage with the resident bin lid. Whoever runs this place, you're better than this surely

And yes, the Shetland did mock and belittle the Hillsborough tragedy as a couple of others (tabclear and Milltown I think it was) mentioned. The post has been deleted, and the calls by him for people of prove it, absolutely pathetic. As I said a couple of days ago, a train wreck of a thread

That is an outright lie. I have posted twice on the matter and neither post mocked or belittled the incident. Perhaps you are confused due to your self-confessed penchant for ogling girls at football matches.

dclane

Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 04:48:37 PM

I have already stated that without ascertaining prospective managers' views I am unable to provide you with a list.

This seems to be problematic for you. Out of curiosity, did you book today off specifically to ask a question repeatedly which I've already answered?
Very disapointed with your response. I expected more,especially from someone who has been so outspoken against Klopp.
If you were a real fan you would have at the very least done enough research to come up with one name to replace him. Maybe it's because there is no one else.Klopp is the best Liverpool can have right now?
It seems a bit silly to be calling for his head and not be able offer an opinion on who should replace him. If you want to go and do some research and then come back to me with a name that would be great.

gawa316

Big summer of business on the transfer front is needed.

The likes of Moreno, Sakho, Stewart, Flanno, Wisdom and a few other young un's will be out the door, quite possibly with Sturridge and Lucas also. With a threadbare squad already, you'd be expecting a minimum of 6 players to come in...a LB, CB, DMC, pacy winger and CF. Names doing the rounds are Sessegnon, Robertson, VVD, Keita, Brandt, Salah, Werner...some good players there but there was a similar list drawn up this time last year with the likes of Gotze, Zielinski, Chilwell etc and we didn't sign any of them...the transfers of Mane, Gini etc all came out of the blue.

Hopefully Klopp gets the business done early so the squad can hit the ground running for preseason.

AZOffaly

I know this is mental, but I'd keep Sturridge. He seems fit and hungry again, and there's no England tournament this summer. He does provide something different, especially in that diamond formation.

The Stallion

Quote from: dclane on May 22, 2017, 04:56:53 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 04:48:37 PM

Very disapointed with your response. I expected more,especially from someone who has been so outspoken against Klopp.
If you were a real fan you would have at the very least done enough research to come up with one name to replace him. Maybe it's because there is no one else.Klopp is the best Liverpool can have right now?
It seems a bit silly to be calling for his head and not be able offer an opinion on who should replace him. If you want to go and do some research and then come back to me with a name that would be great.

Still going lol. And use of "real fan" too.  I like you dclane, keep posting.

TabClear

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2017, 04:43:49 PM

Don't think the posts were deleted. He's always very careful to couch his language so he can appear bemused at his "fellow liverpool fans" taking exceptionto his "opinion" and finish a few posts with "strange" or "bizzare".

As Gab says ignoring him is the only option but the problem is that everyone has to.  Once one person gets dragged into any sort of engagement with him the thread turns into a train wreck like you say. Thon particular sad bastard clearly has nothing better to do with his time.

The mods should have done something about it by now.  As I said above, no one post is reportable on its own.  It's only if you are genuinely on a particular thread regularly that you can see that his only intention is to post something controversial and wait for the reaction. He posted some one line bollix on the Celtic thread again as well. 

Ignore and if you can't don't quote the idiot

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 05:12:50 PM

The likes of Moreno, Sakho, Stewart, Flanno, Wisdom and a few other young un's will be out the door, quite possibly with Sturridge and Lucas also. With a threadbare squad already, you'd be expecting a minimum of 6 players to come in...a LB, CB, DMC, pacy winger and CF. Names doing the rounds are Sessegnon, Robertson, VVD, Keita, Brandt, Salah, Werner...some good players there but there was a similar list drawn up this time last year with the likes of Gotze, Zielinski, Chilwell etc and we didn't sign any of them...the transfers of Mane, Gini etc all came out of the blue.

Hopefully Klopp gets the business done early so the squad can hit the ground running for preseason.

The perpetual loanees, Sahko, Moreno, Stewart and Lucas will be out the door for sure.

I'd expect Sturridge too, unless he can somehow prove the issues of the past three years are over.

Sessegnon has literally just turned 17. May be very promising prospect, but surely they'll need a more senior left back also?

What about all these kids? Will Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold and the likes be expected to make a breakthrough? Any others? Ojo had a lot of injury issues - is it too late for him?

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2017, 05:14:44 PM
I know this is mental, but I'd keep Sturridge. He seems fit and hungry again, and there's no England tournament this summer. He does provide something different, especially in that diamond formation.

Even if for only twenty games a season, ten of them off the bench. :P

laoislad

Whose VVD?
I think all targets have been identified and possibly contact made. Having Champions League football (hopefully) will have to make a massive difference to what players will want to sign.
Whoever he signs if they have the same impact as Mane and Gini then I will be happy.
I've every faith in him,his record of buying unkowns at Dortmund and turning them into household named across Europe bodes well. He's already done that with Mane.
I'm unsure about Sturridge. If someone offers 25-30million if say sell him.
They have to keeps the likes of Coutinho though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Definitely need the centre of the defence sorted.  I would break the bank for a 2012 Hummerls or the like. Sturridge I would only sell if we got £20m plus. It's a pity we have never got to see Ings get a run as backup.