Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Its not for me to give anyone crap but to the lovers of budweiser out there I say a big, fat, stereotyped commercialized cop out.

Grand if theres nothing around - but a top 3 beer???

C'mon!

Its not even top 30. And Im someone who drinks alot of miller light (due to fabric restrictions on the jeans).

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on November 21, 2008, 10:18:43 PM
Its not for me to give anyone crap but to the lovers of budweiser out there I say a big, fat, stereotyped commercialized cop out.

Grand if theres nothing around - but a top 3 beer???

C'mon!

Its not even top 30. And Im someone who drinks alot of miller light (due to fabric restrictions on the jeans).

Surely though it is for some people, a wise man once told me one mans piss is another mans champagne.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

I have to disagree even with the wise man.

I should know - hes sitting beside me.

It doesnt even taste like beer.

If you've drank a healthy selection of lets say 20 beers, and you say that the budweiser is the best, then Im afraid to inform you of one simple truth...

You dont like beer. ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on November 21, 2008, 10:21:31 PM
Surely though it is for some people, a wise man once told me one mans piss is another mans champagne.

Great aphorism, but crap beer, always a crap beer, will Budweiser be. Try the original Budvar though, a much superior offering.

And by your reckoning, if I piss in this glass, some eejit will swear by it, right? ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Minder

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 21, 2008, 10:24:33 PM

Great aphorism, but crap beer, always a crap beer, will Budweiser be. Try the original Budvar though, a much superior offering.

I have tried it and impressive it is but isnt widely available in many boozers.

Puckoon

And by your reckoning, if I piss in this glass, some eejit will swear by it, right? ;)

FoSB - try the fella swearing by the tins of carlsberg in 3rd place.

Hes from armagh though, so its probably not a first. ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Puckoon on November 21, 2008, 10:27:32 PM

FoSB - try the fella swearing by the tins of carlsberg in 3rd place.

Hes from armagh though, so its probably not a first. ;)

We should just be thankful he's not extolling the boundless virtues of Buckfast Puck, under whatever guise!

Puckoon

Christ its great to finally be a snob.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: armagh leg-end on November 21, 2008, 10:00:49 PM
1. Bud(bottles or Pints)
2. Carling(ice cold tins)
3. Carlsberg(tinnies)

:o :o :o :o

FermPundit

I'm just after a bottle of San Miguel. I wouldn't drink it all the time but an enjoyable beer nonetheless.

My top three

1. Pints of Harp
2. Tennents
3. Bottles of Bud (can't drink pints)

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Puckoon

Ooooh Im desperately craving a nice cold Pint now.

Its only 2.40pm however.

Another 20 minutes to go.

Minder

Amstel is an impressive beer *Disclaimer - This is only my opinion and does not represent the views of the GaaBoard.com

Minder

Amstel light is nothing to be ashamed of Puck  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

In fairness, I used to think that there was nothing like a Smithwicks, then various lagers, then a Guinness, then a Beamish, then the odd Murphys, then a Guiness, all draught. Never from a tin or a bottle though (despite the widget), and though a tin will never be vulnerable to 'skunking' (where the light reacts with the hops and alters the taste), a bottle is still preferable. The Belgians are the best of all though, I'd say. Some mighty beers there, and mainly available only in the bottle or tin here Ireland (or elsewhere), and even so, though some of the German beers are mighty too -- Erdinger, Paulaner, for example.

Puckoon