Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Talking of dogs piss,  what is the craic with Coors Light being so popular? Shopping trolleys at Christmas were packed with the stuff.....its a fairly crappy beer

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2015, 09:23:33 PM
Talking of dogs piss,  what is the craic with Coors Light being so popular? Shopping trolleys at Christmas were packed with the stuff.....its a fairly crappy beer
When ice cold all that stuff tastes the same and doesn't touch the sides.

AZOffaly

Over the Christmas I enjoyed my few beers every night in front of the telly. Had Erdinger Kristal, Pilsner Urquell, Staropramen and a nice Irish Craft Beer called Kenmare Pale Ale. It is a bit heavier than the Pils, but very smooth and nice. I wouldn't drink 10 bottles of it now, but definitely worth a look.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 14, 2015, 12:42:17 PM
Over the Christmas I enjoyed my few beers every night in front of the telly. Had Erdinger Kristal, Pilsner Urquell, Staropramen and a nice Irish Craft Beer called Kenmare Pale Ale. It is a bit heavier than the Pils, but very smooth and nice. I wouldn't drink 10 bottles of it now, but definitely worth a look.

Erdinger Schneeweisse also very good!!

muppet

This is really good stuff:

MWWSI 2017

blewuporstuffed

The new Clonmel lager isnt bad either
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

macdanger2

Had an Irish Blonde in Hopkins in Enniscrone the other night, brewed in Crossmolina (Reel Deel brewery). Very tasty and good to be drinking beer that's only travelling a few miles. Well worth trying if you see it around - no idea where it's stocked though

Also tasted their Irish Pale Ale which was nice but not as nice as the Irish Blonde although another fella I was with thought the opposite

AZOffaly

8 degrees brewing out of Mitchelstown do a few lovely beers in the 330ml bottles. The Pilsner is called bohemian barefoot or something. The Pale Ale is called howling gale, and a single IPA is called Full Irish. All are lovely, especially for the summer (such as it is).

5 Sams

Hard to bate a Galway Hooker... ;) ;)

Lovely schtuff.
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 09, 2015, 03:05:33 PM

Lovely schtuff.

Yes, that's lovely too 5 Sams. I was above in the Wineport, in Glasson, sitting looking out over Lough Ree and drinking Galway Hooker. Lovely.

5 Sams

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2015, 03:14:24 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on June 09, 2015, 03:05:33 PM

Lovely schtuff.

Yes, that's lovely too 5 Sams. I was above in the Wineport, in Glasson, sitting looking out over Lough Ree and drinking Galway Hooker. Lovely.

Last time I had it was in the Hodson Bay looking out over the same lake!
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on June 09, 2015, 12:54:22 PM
This is really good stuff:

Been wanting to try it but haven't seen it anywhere yet.
Was at a wedding in Kilkenny a few weeks ago and thought they would have it at hotel but they didn't.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

I drank it last week when the pub I was in ran out of Cute Hoor, which is also nice. I thought it was a small bit bland, but nice and smooth. Mind you I was locked.

deiseach

Hop House is a decent lager. Still a lager though.