Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

....Fermgael and Laois lad have been arguing about the best kangaroo piss on the market on a different thread ....this got me thinking about my favourite subject....beer.

Right lads cards on the table....gimme your top three beverages. no Cabarnet Sauvignon...no Merlot....no Jack Daniels...no Grey Goose..it has to be beer...stout lager ale whatever....make the call.

I want the top three beers among the learned folk on the board...might put a poll up later if I see a pattern developing.

I'll kick off...

1. Pint of Guinness...from a reputable hostelry of course...nothing else compares
2. Cold bottle of Erdinger Weissbier crystal
3. Again another cold bottle of Ekstra Draught...god bless our foreign friends for bringing this nectar to Ireland.

Discuss
The Aristocrat Years

Puckoon

1. Pint of stout - Omagh Golf club
2. Pint of boddingtons.
3. Pint of stella.

Back in the day a pint of Caffreys for an honourable mention.

5 Sams

Quote from: Puckoon on November 21, 2008, 09:17:08 PM
1. Pint of stout - Omagh Golf club
2. Pint of boddingtons.
3. Pint of stella.

Back in the day a pint of Caffreys for an honourable mention.

Thon Caffreys was dangerous stuff Puck :o :o
The Aristocrat Years

Fear ón Srath Bán

You can't beat the Trappists for a good beer... they may not say a lot, but byjesus they can brew an ale!

And as impeccable timing would have it, as I dab on the keys, I'm sipping of a Westvleteren 12 -- reckoned to be the best beer in the world (www.ratebeer.com).  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tommy Tight Lips

Hard to beat a good pint of guiness!!!an old favourite of mines from the student days was a pint of smithwicks with a guiness head,need a good barman tho because it can soon become guiness with smithwicks feet!thirdly wud prob be a pint of tenents in my local.nicest bottles you'll get would be tiger or cobra or bud light!

Puckoon

Oh I forgot about a bottle of sapporo.

Harold Disgracey

No 1 would always be a nice creamy pint of Guinness.

Loads of other great beer out there, at the moment I've taken a fancy for Clotworthy Dobbin, a nice ale from the Whitewater brewery up in Kilkeel.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Puckoon on November 21, 2008, 09:34:05 PM
Oh I forgot about a bottle of sapporo.

Great with Ginger Ale in a shandy

Mario

1.Tennants Ice Cold on Draft
2. Carlsberg Draft
3. Bottles of Bud

armagh leg-end

1. Bud(bottles or Pints)
2. Carling(ice cold tins)
3. Carlsberg(tinnies)
Ard Mhacha Abu

Minder

Pint of Carlsberg/Beat the wife (if it was more available)
Bottle of ice cold Budweiser
Pint of Carling
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

1. Pints of Alexander Keiths Fine Pale Ale
2. Pints of Guinness
3. Pints of Heineken

Over the Bar

Oh I remember falling into the trap of buying 4 Cafferys in a BOGOF promo in the old Fly of a Thursday night.  Didn't see much of Friday.   

Anyway guinness, carlsberg, harp & smithwicks all tastes great in the pubs that care about their clientele and clean the pipes daily.   

If you want to reach the next level tho try Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen in the Czech Republic.  Brewing purity at its absolute finest to the point that you can drink 12-15 pints and still have a clear head the next day!

Hoof Hearted

1 - Pint of Ice Cold Tennants
2 - Pint of Carling
3 - Pint of Ice Cold Tennants
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 21, 2008, 10:16:49 PM
1 - Pint of Ice Cold Tennants
2 - Pint of Carling
3 - Pint of Ice Cold Tennants

You haven't lived, if you're quoting macro beers like that as the best. Honestly.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...