Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Antrim / Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Last post by paddyjohn on Today at 07:01:19 AM »
We could stop paying refs aswell and not buy tracksuits for players or stop paying the county secretary a salary. Make them do it for nothing, really get back to the volunteer status of the association as money is so tight that we can't throw a 17 year old a breakfast or a senior player a post match dinner. Adopt Trumps saying, MAKE ANTRIM GREAT AGAIN! Make people work for us and that will increase the possibility of everybody fulfilling their potential. Build a wall and keep the Down, Derry & Tyrone clubs out of our leagues, have Antrim leagues for Antrim teams. Have Antrim managers only in charge of Antrim clubs, no outsiders, don't allow outside players from other counties to play for our clubs.

;) ;) ::)

I agree, and I could put a few more in, but you're almost there... YBR...

There is one thing for certain, no matter what sport, THE LEAGUE DOESN'T LIE...  8)

Feel free to add 👍👍
General discussion / Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Last post by Hectic on Today at 06:51:32 AM »
Irishmen and indeed Irish women  following British soccer teams are pathetic . 

It is really noticeable that there is no thread on this site on either Irish pro soccer league.

I think it is pathetic that what people do in their spare time appears to irk you so much. Would the same go for watching non Irish tv shows, non Irish movies, eating non Irish foods? Get a life FFS.
GAA Discussion / Re: Challenge Matches Thread
« Last post by cornetto on Today at 02:21:50 AM »
Big challenge game tonight in limerick,galway v kerry or cork,even the players were not told beforehand,any wise owls know who galway played against?
Laois / Re: Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017
« Last post by les Antiques on Today at 01:43:28 AM »
Good positive performance from Leix Sunday . It was altogether the most appropriate reaction and performance after the dismal league campaign .
Kildare will be a different proposition.
Saying that , I have stated before Creedons best scalps and managerial successes have come during championship. Expect to see a different set up and approach against Kildare. We are overly due a victory in Tullamore against anyone really ..particularly Kildare .
Apparently the biggest attendance at a Laois match in O'Moore Park was the replayed match against Carlow after the infamous Mick Turley overturned point back in '95 . I remember it been a hot sweltering day and Micky Lawlor stole the show after Goggey went off injured .
GAA Discussion / Re: Leinster SFC
« Last post by stevecw on Today at 01:14:43 AM »

Great stuff by Carlow. Is Steve CW still here? Always flew the flag and had some well written insights.

Game v Dubs should be in Carlow. This nonsense of having it in Portlaoise, that couldn't host the Dubs last year. I hope they don't get hockeyed.

You have a great memory to remember me, fair play! Think I posted once after we drew away to Westmeath in the 1st league game to tell people we were up to something this year! Then we went out a week later and lost at home to London, so I crawled back into my shell.

To be honest for once we had a bit of confidence going into a championship game. It's by far the strongest panel we've had in my lifetime...got about 90% of the best players involved compared to the usual 50/60% at best.
After the London disaster we won 4 of the next 5 games, including wins away to Wicklow & at home to Limerick & Wexford.

A few of the lads here might know of Steven Poacher from Down, he has been a vital part of the team this year. Every player i have spoken to raves about him & the difference he has made to training. His gameplan along with Turlough O'Brien and the other selectors has really worked. It's a defensive set up, based on breaking fast and hitting a big target man Foley, and off him plays Broderick who kicks points from anywhere.

Once Carlow got Broderick back fit & switched to that gameplan, we have beaten Waterford, Limerick, Wexford twice. Broderick ended up 2nd overall highest scorer in the league after missing almost 2 games.
Sunday was amazing, still hard to believe we actually went out and won a Leinster championship game against a good Wexford side. Last win for us in Leinster was v Louth in 2011, and before that was v Wicklow in 2006 I think!

It was so well deserved, missed 4 other easy goal chances and should have won by a lot more really. Murphy owned midfield, and was unplayable.
Midfield with Brendan & the lightning fast Sean beside him, will be 1 area of the pitch where Carlow might have an advantage over Dublin. Apart from that well hopefully we can compete as best we can. I'm sure Poacher will have some plan set up to limit the damage.

It's a showcase live on Sky too for the likes of Brendan Murphy who is among the top 5 midfielders in the country to be finally seen on a big stage. Same for Paul Broderick, and incredible corner forward with the most amazing left foot. 2nd top scorer on this years league despite missing 2 games, scored 10 points v Wexford. Hopefully they play at their best and make it competitive for as long as possible.

I can't wait anyway....just hope after this we can regroup and have a go at the qualifiers no matter what.
Antrim / Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Last post by bogieman on Today at 12:55:58 AM »
We could stop paying refs aswell and not buy tracksuits for players or stop paying the county secretary a salary. Make them do it for nothing, really get back to the volunteer status of the association as money is so tight that we can't throw a 17 year old a breakfast or a senior player a post match dinner. Adopt Trumps saying, MAKE ANTRIM GREAT AGAIN! Make people work for us and that will increase the possibility of everybody fulfilling their potential. Build a wall and keep the Down, Derry & Tyrone clubs out of our leagues, have Antrim leagues for Antrim teams. Have Antrim managers only in charge of Antrim clubs, no outsiders, don't allow outside players from other counties to play for our clubs.

;) ;) ::)

I agree, and I could put a few more in, but you're almost there... YBR...

There is one thing for certain, no matter what sport, THE LEAGUE DOESN'T LIE...  8)
General discussion / Re: Dogs
« Last post by Dougal Maguire on Today at 12:52:48 AM »
What age are the kids?  If you go for a pup it's worse than having a new kid. There's the hassle of toilet training, preparing secure space for him in the garden, cleaning up the poo outside, deciding where in the house he can have access to, getting up early in the morning to let him out etc.  There are also costs involved, neutering ( a must ) kennelling, grooming, etc. As regards food, go for the nuts and remember the better the food, the less cleaning up you'll have. We had a cocker and they are class, great fun but completely mad and need lots of exercise. We have a Bichon now got him when he was 15 months and still a handful. Finally Bitch is better than a dog. I know I've had cross words with you in the past, can't even remember what it was over to be honest, and nor do I care.  Good luck with the dog, whatever you decide.
General discussion / Re: Official Gooners Thread aka Déjà vu
« Last post by ONeill on Today at 12:50:13 AM »
Could get hammered on Saturday.
Seanie might be a bollix, but he is entitled to due process.
There is a need for investigation of the regulators, who don't seem to know what they are at, first letting the likes of Anglo do what they liked and then coaching witnesses afterwards.

He's entitled to due process alright. But I don't believe it wasn't. I think it was a farce. A get out of jail for one of the boys. You can believe that it was incompetency. I believe it is just corruption.

Once again you are choosing to "believe" without knowing the facts, that approach is where the problem lies.

Having watched RTÉ on the matter, I suspect that they just didn't fork out for a lawyer used to running a heavyweight criminal trial and the desk lawyers on the staff simply weren't used to it. Criminal work must be beyond reasonable doubt and you need to be clear what you are at.
GAA Discussion / Re: 2017 Leinster MFC
« Last post by stevecw on Today at 12:46:20 AM »
The Dubs will meet Kildare in one semi final. Louth will face Wexford in the other one.

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/minor-footballers-drawn-to-face-kildare-in-leinster-semi-finals

A Dublin v Louth final for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10