Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General discussion / Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Last post by Asal Mor on Today at 01:09:39 AM »
Speaking about where you're from still meaning something in rugby I watched the Axel Foley documentary on the rte player yesterday. To say it was powerful doesn't remotely so it.justice. You'd have to be made of stone not to shed a few tears.
General discussion / Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Last post by Asal Mor on Today at 12:52:01 AM »
I know it's the rugby thread but I was thinking nfl and soccer when referring to the vast salaries. Where you're from still means something in rugby i think and it hasnt lost it's soul yet but as a sport I'm not pushed about it(don't think there's much skill to it). Good for you that you're still invested in the Irish soccer team. I'd love to be and used to be but the only time I'd really care nowadays is when I have a few quid on them. The wages in soccer do annoy me. Maybe that's because I work in a field that's rewarding in a lot of ways but not great financially. You'd have to admire Harry Kane though who's giving up the chance to make more money to stay with Spurs. I could root for someone like Harry.
GAA Discussion / Re: Joe Brolly
« Last post by Jim Bob on Today at 12:26:06 AM »
Ye may ask the Trone wans. Theybe won 3 all irelands since then but they still havent got over it  :D

I m asking Screenexile!!
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Last post by Jim Bob on Today at 12:24:05 AM »
Anything wrong with praying before games?
nothing wrong with saying prayers to yourself if thats how u feel but for the group to be expected to say prayers at the behest of one religious fundamentalist is surely wrong?

Who said they were expected to pray ?
GAA Discussion / Re: Joe Brolly
« Last post by BennyCake on Today at 12:23:51 AM »
Ye may ask the Trone wans. Theybe won 3 all irelands since then but they still havent got over it  :D

Haven't got over what?

The bill from the 3 refs.
GAA Discussion / Re: County Manager Merry go round
« Last post by magpie seanie on Today at 12:07:42 AM »
Scullion was a great player in his time.
Big win for St Johnís yesterday v  aughnasheelin
2-13 to 0-4 I think

Ya, great result for them alright. Game was switched to Bekan and I heard from a John's clubman they were not made aware of it properly and were very annoyed about it. Maybe they channelled that anger into a strong performance.

I see Lao that Johns were forced to give a walkover at u21 on Sunday v Castleconnor. What clowns would expect a club to field an u21 side the day after a Connacht club match? Crazy stuff
GAA Discussion / Re: County Manager Merry go round
« Last post by rodney trotter on Today at 12:05:58 AM »
Anyone would be better than Carew who was kept on too long leaving a lot of damage behind.  Cathal Corey,Tony Scullion,Conleth Gilligan all on Sligos management should that mean extra focus to improve them defensively?

Gilligan was a forward with Derry, he is probably looking after the attacking side.  Scullion om defense.
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Last post by redhandefender on Today at 12:04:15 AM »
Anything wrong with praying before games?
nothing wrong with saying prayers to yourself if thats how u feel but for the group to be expected to say prayers at the behest of one religious fundamentalist is surely wrong?

This clown would be calling mickey harte the anti christ if they weren't praying.

I would doubt hes walking about making sure they are all saying the words. Its probably a reflective moment as a team anyone who wants to can pray others can tune in, no big deal. I am pretty sure all the lads are catholics
General discussion / Re: The Great Tracker Mortgages Robbery
« Last post by Eamonnca1 on Today at 12:01:12 AM »
What law have the b**tards broken though?

The problem with scams like this is it's usually civil law rather than criminal law that they've broken. So somebody has to sue the blackguards at their own expense as opposed to calling the cops and letting them prosecute at the public expense.

Cormac O'hEadhra was talking about this the other day, he asked what'd be the point of imposing fines on the banks when the executives at the top wouldn't suffer any personal penalty and the added cost would just be passed on to the customers. The only solution I can see is for tougher laws on white collar crime to make this sort of thing a criminal offense so we can start doling out jail time to thieving bankers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10