The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhugh

Do the Latinos not arrive back at some stage today? If so I'd be supprised if any of them start. I really hope I'm wrong on the timeline - that formation without Lucas and Masch would be even more of a joke than it is already.Can't believe that I'm hoping Lucas is fit to play. :-\

Minus15

yeah i could see something like that team. Though I would like to see babel up front alongside kuyt and let benny roam from the right wing

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: redhugh on October 16, 2009, 04:17:40 PM
Do the Latinos not arrive back at some stage today? If so I'd be supprised if any of them start. I really hope I'm wrong on the timeline - that formation without Lucas and Masch would be even more of a joke than it is already.Can't believe that I'm hoping Lucas is fit to play. :-\

They arrive back today, whats the story on Kuyt will he be fit to go? Ngog may start with Aurelio coming in to midfield.  Sunderland will be no pushover and three points is crucial.  Perfect chance for the lads on the verge of the team to prove themselves now.

stew

Sunderland will put it up to Liverpool with the big two missing and it will be interesting to see how liverpool cope without them, if they are only missing for a couple of games they might get away with it but over the long haul liverpool need both men to be successful this season.

I see a draw this weekend for Liverpool, 1-1.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on October 16, 2009, 05:27:28 PM
Sunderland will put it up to Liverpool with the big two missing and it will be interesting to see how liverpool cope without them, if they are only missing for a couple of games they might get away with it but over the long haul liverpool need both men to be successful this season.

I see a draw this weekend for Liverpool, 1-1.

They'd want to heal middlin' fast. United come to Anfield next Sunday!

nutsy--1

Liverpool should win this, they are only missing two players if you want to win a league you should have strength in depth.

Minus15

Team:

Reina

Carragher       Skrtel      Agger       
    Johnson                                                                  Aurelio

Spearing         Lucas

Babel                              Benayoun

Kuyt

Decent set up for this game. Hopefully johnson can do well on the wing.Hopefully the front three show a decent bit of fluidity but manage to give good protection when we lose the ball also.

Any links for the game please post them up!

brokencrossbar1

Chelsea losing to Villa today means that Liverpool must take full advantage of this.  They can go within 3 points of Chelsea is they win.

The team layout is the best that could be hoped for.  Big onus on Magic and Aurelio to support the front 3 seeing as they have 3 central defenders covering their holes.  Good to see Jay getting a run and hopefully he can impress.  If Skertl can do some damage on Jones early on I think the result is there.

Is Riera injured/on the bench?

Carmen Stateside

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Drumanee 1