Businesses the have acted the cnut during the Coronavirus Outbreak

Started by Franko, March 25, 2020, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

This will be a useful reference in a few months time when we need to remember who not to touch with a barge pole;

I'll start;

Virgin Airlines
Wetherspoons
Sports Direct

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on March 25, 2020, 11:44:08 AM
This will be a useful reference in a few months time when we need to remember who not to touch with a barge pole;

I'll start;

Virgin Airlines
Wetherspoons
Sports Direct

Winemark

Ethan Tremblay

A separate thread for businesses that need commended for how they have reacted to this also. 

I will 100% changing my perception on using local businesses after we get through this, as they are the ones bending over backwards to sort people out.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Solo_run

Halfords told staff they would close the shops and staff would be paid. 48 hours later they are planning on opening their stores again.

Think it might have been best to give the companies who are making an effort more publicity rather than waste of time on these clowns.

The guy at Gtech has created a ventilator within a week that is easy to build and cost effective. They have switched from making vaccum cleaners to ventilators. The company owner has said they will make the design public so other companies can produce them.

O'Neills have started making scrubs to protect NHS staff from Coronavirus.

five points

Worth noting that O'Neills were being absolutely hammered last week for ceasing sports goods production. Give these companies a chance. Everyone is trying to manage an unprecedented situation as best they can.

delgany

Easyjet shareholder stelios ,after receiving his £60 million bonus , recommended that the board close up and sack staff.
Then had the brazen cheek to ask for a government bailout. The govt gave them the two fingers last night .what a cnut@

Solo_run

Gordon Ramsey has just sacked 500 staff with a months pay but no guarantee they will get their jobs back.

JohnDenver

Randox - selling the testing kits at £120 a pop. Wonder what the profit margins are on them?

imtommygunn

They have a fairly dubious reputation as well. (More from the employer perspective than anything).

If they can make them where else can?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: five points on March 25, 2020, 12:11:34 PM
Worth noting that O'Neills were being absolutely hammered last week for ceasing sports goods production. Give these companies a chance. Everyone is trying to manage an unprecedented situation as best they can.

Rightly so to be honest, they couldn't wait to get rid of staff and they haven't needed the money in years truth be told.

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 25, 2020, 01:27:30 PM
They have a fairly dubious reputation as well. (More from the employer perspective than anything).

Almac possibly?

I was told the Randox test is about £12, but it is bundled with 10 other tests and you have to buy the bundle.
Not sure how true that is.

delgany

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 25, 2020, 02:00:19 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 25, 2020, 01:27:30 PM

Almac possibly?

I was told the Randox test is about £12, but it is bundled with 10 other tests and you have to buy the bundle.
Not sure how true that is.
[/quote

That was questioned by Stephen Nolan , spokesperson wouldnt concede that only one tested was needed .@ £12 only. Nolan pressed him without success.£120 or do one !

delgany

Guinness stepping up to provide something - sanitizer maybe ?

red hander

Quote from: Solo_run on March 25, 2020, 12:45:56 PM
Gordon Ramsey has just sacked 500 staff with a months pay but no guarantee they will get their jobs back.

To be fair, he's acted like a cnut his whole life, not just during coronavirus crisis.