Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 13, 2022, 08:03:30 PM
Miles off all over the pitch. Half forward and half back line struggling to give the team a platform. Canavan is a magic player tho

Once McCurry is bottled up then it's a struggle up front. McShane still not at the races at all yet. McGeary again was poor. I take it he was hooked at half time as opposed to an injury.

A big game on Saturday v Mayo just became bigger after today.

tyrone08

Quote from: square_ball on March 13, 2022, 09:35:05 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on March 13, 2022, 08:03:30 PM
Miles off all over the pitch. Half forward and half back line struggling to give the team a platform. Canavan is a magic player tho

Once McCurry is bottled up then it's a struggle up front. McShane still not at the races at all yet. McGeary again was poor. I take it he was hooked at half time as opposed to an injury.

A big game on Saturday v Mayo just became bigger after today.

Agree. McCurry was trying his best but once he is covered tyrone struggle. Too many if the senior players seem to think  they are still on holiday. Disappointing as tyrone should have learnt from the last 3 AI wins, at the minute it seems like history is going to repeat itself.

Scoring Zone

haven't been to bothered you until today, no game management against a big breeze, v naive. Any word on M Donnelly, heard he has a few injury concerns but could be rumours, his leadership was missed.
FF line is a big concern, mccurry has been very easy marked, and mcshane, from watching all the games and been at 2, he is blessed with athleticism (the catch today was class) i genuinely don't think he knows what to do half time his decision making is shocking and a big concern if he's starting and mckenna needs to figure out what he wants to do, he is a mile off as well as conroy, sheilds and any other forward backup - we have been toothless.

Think meyler, caravan and Kilpatrick have been excellent so far and have kicked on - Tyrone will be v hard to beat on dry hard ground in the summer but we are light on impact off the bench, there is 6-8 lads need big improvements immediately or we will sleep walk into another hammering in the next two weeks

ONeill

We'll know in a few weeks time if this is a hunger problem or if the management have tailored them for a Championship peak.

There have been some good signs...against Monaghan, first half against Donegal, second halves v Dubs and Armagh. Just not sustained.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Under Lights

I certainly worry about hunger, certainly didn't see much of it or urgency yesterday, bar Canavan. Could be gone in a few after winning an AI. Players leaving panel also takes stuffing out of others.

Redhand Santa

Brutal first half and a very poor league so far. But wouldn't be hitting the panic button just yet. To be fair to the management team they timed the run perfectly last year. So I think we have to put some trust in them that it's a few months down the line the real focus is on. I'd have been as harsh as anyone on them last year after Killarney but look at what happened after that.

I don't think anyone wants to get relegated though and we are in a very difficult place. You'd like to see some sort of reaction next week because in league terms it is must win. Really don't want to be heading to Killarney relying on two points.

square_ball

Kerry may well be qualified for a league final by the time that game comes in Killarney though Jack O'Connor will probably look to twist the knife if he can relegate Tyrone in that match.

Our first 15 is obviously a match for anyone but so many times last season it was our bench that swung the big games. This year we don't have that luxury and I think that is my main concern at the minute.

Tyrone11234

We lack an out and out scoring forward- mccurry is the next best thing but last year we relied on a number of different boys to kick 2 or 3 points. Hopefully we are set up come championship time

Christmas Lights

I think we need Canavan closer to goals to offer more of a scoring threat, hes always too far out the field when he gets the ball to have an impact on the score board.

Also, he should be hitting frees.  Cathal McShane is not near a free taker, not at all.

Taylor

Yesterday was a shit show from start to finish.

At the beginning of the league it was understandable that we would take a while to get up to speed given the later start for the players.

But yesterday showed we are completely disjointed.

The dive for the red card was completely embarassing but why give the referee the chance to send you off? Stupid in the extreme.

McKernan could have had a red shortly after for that punch - again stupid.

I have a lot of time for McShane but he is going through a very bad patch of form.

Morgan had a number of brain farts yesterday but he is still one of the best in the country.

We need to play McCurry & Canavan up top and get them to stay up top - when they are playing further out the field we have no targets in the scoring zone that can show for and win the ball.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on March 14, 2022, 08:45:21 AM
We lack an out and out scoring forward- mccurry is the next best thing but last year we relied on a number of different boys to kick 2 or 3 points. Hopefully we are set up come championship time

If McCurry isn't been double or triple marked he can without doubt be a out and out scoring forward. But we need men around him to step up and give us more options.
McShane takes time to get into his best form. I don't think we have an option other than to persevere. We need him at full throttle in the summer. And when he's on form, he can be unmarkable. He's the difference in winning an AI or not imo.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JimStynes

Some comedown for McKenna now that the pro lifestyle has well and truly gone. He must surely miss the good weather and not having to do anything else but train each day. Now he's running about in baltic weather midweek and sitting on the sub bench at weekends. Hopefully he gets his hunger back as he is a player I love to watch.

rrhf

We need to play McCurry & Canavan up top and get them to stay up top - when they are playing further out the field we have no targets in the scoring zone that can show for and win the ball.
Best point of the lot there.  I think it is the starting point is keeping the lads inside and trying to show a threat at that end of the field.

Tyrone11234

Canavan isn't really a finisher though- he's better out from the goal creating attacks and spraying balls into the inside men.

God14

With the forwards so badly out of form, as well as 3 experienced heads dropping off the panel (RON, Bradley & Lee Brennan)
.....I wonder would the management be tempted to have a chat with McAliskey?
Id certainly be happier to see him spring from the bench rather than some of the inexperienced forward options we currently have.
He did leave on good terms, and wouldnt miss much football with Clonoe the way the season is set up from here on