Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 27, 2018, 11:20:19 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
Tyrone form is looking up, probably the break coming at the worst time for them.

Anyone however concerned that Monaghan have just beaten the Dubs on their own patch, somewhat going under the radar here?

I though it was a big deal until i watched the highlights. Dublin were in second gear. And there is no way in hell Cluxtons gets beat by a chip like that.

whereas if Tyrone beat the Dubs in the league we'd being booking hotels for September and slagging off anyone whoever called for new management

ziggysego

Anyone know when the half-time draw for Tyrone-Kerry game will be held?
Testing Accessibility

longballin

Quote from: ziggysego on March 27, 2018, 12:39:41 PM

:-[ I bought half a dozen tickets for me and my three boys and was no word of a draw. Do we get our money back? Should this be on the club thread? Tell us more Ziggy 

ziggysego

Quote from: longballin on March 27, 2018, 12:48:59 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 27, 2018, 12:39:41 PM

:-[ I bought half a dozen tickets for me and my three boys and was no word of a draw. Do we get our money back? Should this be on the club thread? Tell us more Ziggy

A mate of mine was asking me last night longballin :(
Testing Accessibility

southtyronegael

I don't think we will get away with Brennan, mc aliskey, Bradley in ff line. Mc aliskey tallest at just 5'10. Need a 6 footer in there. Mc Shane for me.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 27, 2018, 12:55:31 PM
I don't think we will get away with Brennan, mc aliskey, Bradley in ff line. Mc aliskey tallest at just 5'10. Need a 6 footer in there. Mc Shane for me.

Who's going to hit the right footed frees?

omagh_gael

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on March 27, 2018, 01:46:50 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but McShane has spent very little time in FF despite being named as number 14 on a few occasions. Cannot see him spending any time in there come Monaghan match. I'd say it'll almost certainly by Bradley, McAliskey and Brennan.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 27, 2018, 01:51:36 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but McShane has spent very little time in FF despite being named as number 14 on a few occasions. Cannot see him spending any time in there come Monaghan match. I'd say it'll almost certainly by Bradley, McAliskey and Brennan.

Yes, if any of the three of them are to miss out it will be Bradley. But if Colm Cav isn't fit either Mattie or McShane will go to midfield and the FF line will be Lee, Skeet and Bradley.

There's a lot of club football to be played between now and then, touch wood there are no more injuries.

omagh_gael

Any word on Hugh Pat's injury from the Mayo match?

tiempo

Its a game of inches.

sensethetone

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 27, 2018, 02:29:17 PM
Any word on Hugh Pat's injury from the Mayo match?

Apparently it was bruising and swelling.

southtyronegael

could Mattie take an odd free?

redhandefender

Pretty clear as expected you don't actually see tyrone games. Cathal has been nowhere near the full fwd line, he has operated out around midfield all the time.

Would rather have Mc Clure in midfield than mc nulty but colly cav is a massive massive loss for monaghan game if that's accurate

Fuzzman

Was Derry in 2006 the last time we lost a first round game in Omagh?
I know we lost to Armagh in 2014 on a scoreline of 0.10 to 0.13 in Omagh back in the qualifiers but I can't remember the last time we lost there after 2006, not that we've had a lot of home games.

The last time they met Moanaghan at home in Omagh was on 5th June 2011 Quarter Final, very low attendance of 10K

Tyrone   1-13 - 1-11   Monaghan
B McGuigan 1-1, S Cavanagh 0-4 (0-2f), S O'Neill 0-3, M Penrose (2f), P Harte (1f, 1 '45) 0-2 each,
O Mulligan 0-1   
Monaghan : C McManus 0-6 (5f), D Hughes 1-1 (1-0 pen), P Finlay 0-4 (3f).
Healy Park, Omagh
Attendance: 10,937
Referee: J McQuillan (Cavan)

Their win against Dublin sets them up nicely for a good stab at the back to back champions.
How good is their record outside Clones in championship matches or are they the Dubs of the Norf?  :o

What's wrong with CC?

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on March 27, 2018, 04:49:31 PM

Pretty clear as expected you don't actually see tyrone games. Cathal has been nowhere near the full fwd line, he has operated out around midfield all the time.

Would rather have Mc Clure in midfield than mc nulty but colly cav is a massive massive loss for monaghan game if that's accurate
that's what I mean, put mc Shane in ff and keep him there as a primary ball winner inside.