Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: square_ball on May 06, 2017, 02:47:30 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 06, 2017, 02:18:26 PM
I see hypocrite Harte on the back page of Irish news today sayin he doesn't want to interfere with Tyrone club games!

Fair play to him. Plenty of county managers throughout the country more or less run the club fixtures. Glad Harte isn't one of them.
jeez I'm nearly sure Harte played havoc with club fixtures a fortnight ago.shame on the Irish news for giving this spoofer a platform.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 06, 2017, 04:16:56 PM
What did you make of David Millar from Killeshil? Hearing that he's one to watch.
Was good as well. Took his two goal chances brilliantly but it was Canavan who was star of the show.

Il Bomber Destro

3 weeks away from Derry now.

Think I'd go with the following side:

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McNabb
6. R Brennan
7. McCann
8. C Cavanagh
9. M Donnelly
10. K McGeary
11. Sludden
12. P Harte
13. Bradley
14. S Cavanagh
15. L Brennan

Fuzzman

Yeah I would also go for that 15, although would have Rory Brennan wing back. I might consider McClure at MF and Mattie CHF.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 03:17:36 AM

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McNabb
6. R Brennan
7. McCann
8. C Cavanagh
9. M Donnelly
10. K McGeary
11. Sludden
12. P Harte
13. Bradley
14. S Cavanagh
15. L Brennan

McNabb would be way down my pecking order. Just think he is far too slow in possession and his decision making and discipline in the tackle is a bit suspect. I'd be looking at Meyler either in a straight swap or move McGeary back and Meyler in at 10. Alternatively, Burns at 6 and Brennan at 5. Otherwise it's pretty much what I would pick too, but I expect Mulgrew to play a part.
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 07, 2017, 09:30:52 AM
Yeah I would also go for that 15, although would have Rory Brennan wing back. I might consider McClure at MF and Mattie CHF.

Mattie is being shunted around too much and at this stage and it's really impacted on his form in the league so far. He's played half back, midfield, half forward and full forward already. He has 2 All Stars at midfield and I think we should keep him there.

Harte likes a surprise or too and I could see Harry Loughran perhaps be a suprise inclusion. The biggest uncertainty we have is at 6. Justy, Brennan, McNabb and Burns are the obvious candidates but we've been very unsettled there.

Have we many injury doubts. Has McNamee returned for Aghyaran of late?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 07, 2017, 10:11:37 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 03:17:36 AM

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McNabb
6. R Brennan
7. McCann
8. C Cavanagh
9. M Donnelly
10. K McGeary
11. Sludden
12. P Harte
13. Bradley
14. S Cavanagh
15. L Brennan

McNabb would be way down my pecking order. Just think he is far too slow in possession and his decision making and discipline in the tackle is a bit suspect. I'd be looking at Meyler either in a straight swap or move McGeary back and Meyler in at 10. Alternatively, Burns at 6 and Brennan at 5. Otherwise it's pretty much what I would pick too, but I expect Mulgrew to play a part.

McNabb would be one of the players under the most pressure but he was only coming back of an ACL last year and I think he is defensively the most accomplished of our half backs. Hopefully he can get his levels back to 2015 where he was unlucky not to get an All Star IMO.

I think Meyler's impact might be greater off the bench where he can bring his energy into the game when we might need a boost. I'm intrigued at the prospect of Mulgrew, looked to be the main man for the u21s this year and has filled out physically from what I've seen.

square_ball

Where's the talk of burns at 6 come from? Doesn't play there for club and hasn't played there for the county at underage. I do think he should be higher up the pecking order than what he appears to be though.

And there is always a surprise inclusion with Harte in the first round. I wouldn't be shocked to see McShane or McNulty involved and I'd say Aidan McCrory will most likely start as well. I do like the look of the team posted previously there though I think with the few injuries we are lacking a bit of impact of the bench in terms of a game changer.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: square_ball on May 07, 2017, 11:12:32 AM
Where's the talk of burns at 6 come from? Doesn't play there for club and hasn't played there for the county at underage. I do think he should be higher up the pecking order than what he appears to be though.

And there is always a surprise inclusion with Harte in the first round. I wouldn't be shocked to see McShane or McNulty involved and I'd say Aidan McCrory will most likely start as well. I do like the look of the team posted previously there though I think with the few injuries we are lacking a bit of impact of the bench in terms of a game changer.

He played as a sweeper when he was a minor, played a bit at 6 in his final year for u21s as well. He's a very good reader of the game and cool on the ball so those attributes coupled with his size would make him a very good option at

tothetop03

Declan McClure wrecked at training yesterday morning...poss out rest of the season....scan on monday.....9

Hotrocks

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 11:56:32 AM

He played as a sweeper when he was a minor, played a bit at 6 in his final year for u21s as well. He's a very good reader of the game and cool on the ball so those attributes coupled with his size would make him a very good option at

Thank god you are not picking the team! Are you even related to a footballer?

omagh_gael

Quote from: tothetop03 on May 07, 2017, 12:01:44 PM
Declan McClure wrecked at training yesterday morning...poss out rest of the season....scan on monday.....9

A real shame for the lad and his club. I liked the look of him this year and I think he'd have seen good game time this summer. Is it suspected cruciate?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 07, 2017, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 11:56:32 AM

Thank god you are not picking the team! Are you even related to a footballer?

What bit are you most offended by? Do you not think Burns is a good reader of the game or cool on the ball? In my view that sums him up pretty well.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Sad news about McClure and hope he's alright.
Maybe I'm wrong but is the risk that we are underestimating Derry this year because we beat them so easily last year in their own back yard and they didn't have a great national league. I see Brolly's is trying to influence the refs that we are are very cynical team again. He's unreal.

Anyway, I'd say Mickey will either go for McNabb or Justy at CHB as he likes to have an older sensible head there I think. I'm surprised some of you don't rate McNabb any more as I think he's one of our best defenders and rarely loses  the ball. I hope McCarron gets himself back up to speed as I thought he looked a bit slower and heavier than usual in the league. Hampsey at corner back I'm still to be convinced as thought in a few league games he was happy to let his man get out in front of him and then to try to tackle him. Wouldn't shock me if Mickey picked McCrory there to start.

I think both Sean and Mattie struggle playing in around FF as they don't like playing with their back to goal and having to turn. Both are great kickers of the ball and so would like to see both getting into positions to shoot more.
Sean often finds himself away down the field and not getting into positions where he can kick good points like he did in the Ulster final last year.

The main wish I would have this year is to see Bradley and Lee Brennan/Mulgrew be our main score getters. I'm not expecting miracles from Lee but I would like to see what he can do at this level.

skeog

Declan Mc Clure would be a serious loss to Clonoe with Conor also missing for them.