Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

PAULD123

Celtic seem unlikely to take allocation which is a sensible choice. As for Linfield fans at Celtic there will only be about 6,000 max and the Scottish Police can easily handle this. I worry about the PSNI holding back 16,000 Linfield fans from 2,000 Celts in Belfast.

the move to the 14th is a sensible idea also. the heat of the 12th passions is definitely on the wane by 14th as people turn attentions to the Bank Holiday weekend. and there will be loads of Police available to steward the event.

I would be a lot happier now with these arrangements. If Celtic win by three goals or so and outclass Linfield the whole sting will go and I think the wee-huns will just head off disappointed. Of course there will be isolated issues but the majority will just trail away sad.

BennyCake

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 23, 2017, 01:02:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 22, 2017, 10:37:42 PM
Would banning away fans from both games not be the sensible option?

On what grounds?

On common sense grounds.

imtommygunn

Why would it be any worse than celtic rangers ? They don't ban away fans there.

uimhr ocht

It's disappointing that no celts will be in Windsor pk,the club should have taken up whatever tickets on offer.THe players could have done with some vocal backing and support.Hoping for San Marino victory now then HH

Targetman

Celtics greatest manager of all time Jock Stein said "football without fans is nothing" the Celtic board who decided not to take our allocation of tickets have just dismissed that, a lot of hoops unhappy, but anyway Govan Emerald CSC are taking names for trip to Belfast leaving Friday morning at 7 and returning after the game, faithful through and through!!

michaelg

Quote from: Targetman on June 23, 2017, 10:19:42 PM
Celtics greatest manager of all time Jock Stein said "football without fans is nothing" the Celtic board who decided not to take our allocation of tickets have just dismissed that, a lot of hoops unhappy, but anyway Govan Emerald CSC are taking names for trip to Belfast leaving Friday morning at 7 and returning after the game, faithful through and through!!
Surely removing away fans can only increase the chance of a shock / freak result.  Be interesting to see how many seats the Blues can fill.   Seems like a bollocks deision by Celtic to me.

Over the Bar

Belfast based Celtic fans who want to go should be allowed to go and the club should ensure whatever ticket allocation is made available to whoever wishes to go.  If the PSNI say they can't assure away fan safety during 12th week  that's a different matter and FIFA should expel Linfield.  WTF?!

michaelg

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 23, 2017, 10:52:52 PM

Belfast based Celtic fans who want to go should be allowed to go and the club should ensure whatever ticket allocation is made available to whoever wishes to go.  If the PSNI say they can't assure away fan safety during 12th week  that's a different matter and FIFA should expel Linfield. WTF?!
Doesn't seem to be the case.  Celtic the ones with the issue.

Aaron Boone

A full Windsor has a great atmosphere since the redevelopment. Brendan Rodgers will need his troops to concentrate on the football.

michaelg

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 23, 2017, 11:09:48 PM
A full Windsor has a great atmosphere since the redevelopment. Brendan Rodgers will need his troops to concentrate on the football.
I doubt Linfield could get close to filling Windsor.  Possibility of Belfast based Celts buying tickets could add to gate, however, and chances of bother potentially.

Over the Bar

Quote from: michaelg on June 23, 2017, 11:20:52 PM

I doubt Linfield could get close to filling Windsor.
  Possibility of Belfast based Celts buying tickets could add to gate, however, and chances of bother potentially.

So you reckon Linfield couldn't fill their home ground for their first ever European tie with Glasgow Celtic?  Fancy a wee bet on that?

michaelg

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 24, 2017, 12:06:00 AM
Quote from: michaelg on June 23, 2017, 11:20:52 PM

I doubt Linfield could get close to filling Windsor.
  Possibility of Belfast based Celts buying tickets could add to gate, however, and chances of bother potentially.

So you reckon Linfield couldn't fill their home ground for their first ever European tie with Glasgow Celtic?  Fancy a wee bet on that?
No bother.  No chance of filling it. Eight and a half I reckon.

Over the Bar

So which Liverpool flop are  Celtic being associated with today then?

Hectic

Linfield will fill the ground though not all die hard Linfield fans. The rats will be crawling out of the sewers in their thousands to fill the additional seats.

stew

Quote from: michaelg on June 23, 2017, 10:50:46 PM
Surely removing away fans can only increase the chance of a shock / freak result.  Be interesting to see how many seats the Blues can fill.   Seems like a bollocks deision by Celtic to me.

Ffs the club do not want their fans hurt, they did the right thing here and the focus on this decision is abhorrent to me, the focus should be on the why behind this fixture has to be changed, the reason is hatred and that is on EUFA and the club in question, not Celtic.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.