Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 23, 2018, 01:54:19 PM
Listened to Radio Ulster for a few minutes this morning and there was a business man (Stephen Chestnutt ?) who rang in who supported "No Deal".  He was asked, as a businessman, why he supported a No Deal.

His answer was:
"Because the DUP are telling me to.  As our only elected representatives I trust them to tell me the truth.  They will have our best interests at heart".

I honestly couldn't believe it.  I think in excel that would be known as a "circular reference".

What sort of buisness did he run? Selling flegs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2018, 01:55:56 PM
Listened to Radio Ulster for a few minutes this morning and there was a business man (Stephen Chestnutt ?) who rang in who supported "No Deal".  He was asked, as a businessman, why he supported a No Deal.

His answer was:
"Because the DUP are telling me to.  As our only elected representatives I trust them to tell me the truth.  They will have our best interests at heart".

I honestly couldn't believe it.  I think in excel that would be known as a "circular reference".

What sort of buisness did he run? Selling flegs?

He said he was an inbound travel company; ie he ran trips for foreign visitors

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 23, 2018, 01:04:26 PM
Always a chance that the Sri Lankans might need a few new buses?

They hope to run many buses on the bridge to Scotland.
i usse an speelchekor

Jim_Murphy_74

In the event of a no-deal Brexit will that spell the end of the cheap power-tools and the like from Lidl UK stores?

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

lenny

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on November 23, 2018, 02:24:11 PM
In the event of a no-deal Brexit will that spell the end of the cheap power-tools and the like from Lidl UK stores?

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

To be replaced with chlorinated chicken from the USA and cheap beef full of hormones and antibiotics from South America.

JPGJOHNNYG

His answer was:

Unfortunately a large number of our population are literally brain dead. Someone was talking about Jim Wilson on Nolan the other night
Jim Wilson is a joke an older version of Jamie but what was worrying was the 2 young educated lads in the debate and the absolute cr@p coming out of them. There is no hope even a large chunk of the youth seem to suck up the DUP guff. The 2 lads must have been cloned from Nelson McCauslands left scrotum.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: lenny on November 23, 2018, 03:32:04 PM

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

To be replaced with chlorinated chicken from the USA and cheap beef full of hormones and antibiotics from South America.

The future is bright, the future is Orange. We will all be like Ready Brek kids, glowing in the dark & the 'precious union' will be safe. God bless the DUP.

BennyCake

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

The food industry was already well dodgy and evil, even within the EU.

Hormone injections, chickens pumped up, steroids, antibiotics, horse meat scandal etc etc.

The whole food industry is pure evil, in or out of the EU.

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyCake on November 23, 2018, 03:47:58 PM

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

The food industry was already well dodgy and evil, even within the EU.

Hormone injections, chickens pumped up, steroids, antibiotics, horse meat scandal etc etc.

The whole food industry is pure evil, in or out of the EU.

I would give anything to have a patch of land, cut off from society and just eat what I grow.

seafoid

What is happening now in the UK reminds me of Fianna Fáil after the bailout. People do not like being lied to and they punish incompetence ruthlessly.
The DUP is in way over its head. The endgame is either a general election or a second ref and nobody wants no deal . The DUP usually gets its way by whining, stalling and bitching  but this is senior hurling . The stakes are very high.

Dylan Thomas said :

« The lie is imaginatively exciting while the truth is flat and tedious « 

If the UUP can't capitalise on this they should get out of the business
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on November 23, 2018, 05:48:50 PM
What is happening now in the UK reminds me of Fianna Fáil after the bailout. People do not like being lied to and they punish incompetence ruthlessly.
The DUP is in way over its head. The endgame is either a general election or a second ref and nobody wants no deal . The DUP usually gets its way by whining, stalling and bitching  but this is senior hurling .

If the UUP can't capitalise on this they should get out of the business
The UUP ship has long since sailed and capsized.
They're afraid of their sh..... of appearing any way less extreme than DUPUDA  and are now totally pro Brexit and are attacking the bogeyman  (Leo and Simon)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

balladmaker

So the Brexiteers are complaining that the current deal is worse than staying in the EU .... oh the irony!

Insane Bolt

The 27 agree....now over to the circus that is parliament

balladmaker

It's getting more likely that a second referendum is the only way forward, and that stage it all depends how they frame the choices on the referendum ...

Do you want to leave the EU with no-deal, just leave?
Do you want to accept the deal that is currently on the table?
Do you want to remain in the EU?

HiMucker

Quote from: balladmaker on November 25, 2018, 12:17:26 PM
It's getting more likely that a second referendum is the only way forward, and that stage it all depends how they frame the choices on the referendum ...

Do you want to leave the EU with no-deal, just leave?
Do you want to accept the deal that is currently on the table?
Do you want to remain in the EU?
A second referendum is only likely if you applied logic. Nothing about Brexit has been logical. I wouldnt rule it out but IMO I think it's very unlikely. Its deal or no deal I think.
May is going to get this deal through parliament or at least die trying.