Interview with Father Vincent Stapleton

Started by AZOffaly, October 06, 2017, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Don't worry, I'm not coming down all Tony, but I thought this was a nice interview. Fr. Stapleton is cousin of Paddy Stapleton (nicknamed Saint I believe!!) who used to play for Tipp, and he himself (Vincent) is on the Borrisoleigh panel for Sunday's County Final versus Sars. I thought he came across very well in the interview. The church could do with making lads like this the face of priesthood in Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/offtheball/videos/10159459179045441/

T Fearon

Saw that.Seems like a good priest too.But the Church is not in the business of PR,and does not need suave media operators.It needs good priests,like Fr Stapleton,ministering to the flock

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on October 06, 2017, 12:26:14 PM
Saw that.Seems like a good priest too.But the Church is not in the business of PR,and does not need suave media operators.It needs good priests,like Fr Stapleton,ministering to the flock
Promotional Resurrection is pure marketing. So is Virgin birth. They both have shock value and score highly in Niesen surveys.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads. Can ye not just look at the video and say he's a great lad and Up Borrisoleigh.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Up Tipp. Great to have a bit of good news .

general_lee

Not often you see priests playing GAA these days, then again it's not often you see any under 40. Was a nice enough interview all the same. There was a priest from Cork that supposedly played for St Peters in Lurgan about 15/16 years ago.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2017, 02:52:31 PM
Jaysus lads. Can ye not just look at the video and say he's a great lad and Up Borrisoleigh.

You should have known AZ. The mere mention of the term "Fr" gets Tony's pulse racing.

seafoid

I was looking at the stats there. Sars had a winless patch between 74 and 2005. 35 altogether. Borrisileigh only have 6  . No club in Galway would be as dominant as the Sars.  Maybe that was the problem historically.

T Fearon

Proud to say that my home club play at Fr Rafferty Park,in honour of Cooley priest, the late Fr Dom Rafferty,who managed the senior team and did so much for the club in the 80s.He also was involved with Spurs during his time as a curate in N London.

In fact there is a good book waiting to be written about the role of the Catholic Church and Clergy in the founding and development of the GAA,beginning with Archbishop Croke himself

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on October 06, 2017, 05:09:40 PM
I was looking at the stats there. Sars had a winless patch between 74 and 2005. 35 altogether. Borrisileigh only have 6  . No club in Galway would be as dominant as the Sars.  Maybe that was the problem historically.
Or maybe the Galway inbreds. were. too busy fighting with each other
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

mouview

Quote from: Avondhu star on October 08, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

Nice piece of work you are. Do a bit of work on your punctuation will you?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Avondhu star on October 08, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

Hang on now. We only advocate inbreeding on weekends. Otherwise we are too busy sipping our Mocha Latte's. Or Buckfast.

tonto1888

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2017, 02:52:31 PM

They're on tele today aren't they?

T Fearon