St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

sprinter

New proposal going to county Board regarding structure of this years championship.

Two groups of six

Top team in each group straight through to semi final

2nd  and 3rd each group play off to see who makes semi final

4th team has rest of year off in each group

Last two teams in each groups play off to see who goes down.

6 teams in each group, two games played before end of June then break, rest played at the end of July and August.

Top team would have about 3 weeks break until the semi, which might be a disadvantage. 

Different idea worth considering, its positive at least fixture committee trying to change it around.
every team gets 5 matchs

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: sprinter on January 26, 2011, 02:10:40 PM
New proposal going to county Board regarding structure of this years championship.

Two groups of six

Top team in each group straight through to semi final

2nd  and 3rd each group play off to see who makes semi final

4th team has rest of year off in each group

Last two teams in each groups play off to see who goes down.

6 teams in each group, two games played before end of June then break, rest played at the end of July and August.

Top team would have about 3 weeks break until the semi, which might be a disadvantage. 

Different idea worth considering, its positive at least fixture committee trying to change it around.
every team gets 5 matchs
I think its a good idea and should get ratified, St Molaise Gaels for Owen B this yr ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

paddypastit

I look forward to revisiting this conversation in about 40 weeks from now
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: paddypastit on January 26, 2011, 11:23:15 PM
I look forward to revisiting this conversation in about 40 weeks from now

Bring it on Paddy 8)

SLIGONIAN

Just for the record i wont be commenting on here regarding sligo team anymore as i know too many players, im too heavily involved in coaching and its just not worth commenting on sligo matters anymore as my anonmity is gone long ago and whilst i have made many great friends on here and elsewhere and i have made enemies. Consider this my last sligo related post. Ii will continue to post on the general section. This sligo section is dead duck anyway although the views per post are pretty high.

Best of luck in NFL. Up Sligo...

Sligo team is named and despite huge loss in Costello i still expect Sligo to win. We have to. :-\

paddypastit

Sligonian, no doubt you'll be calling by. Why should your anonymity be an issue. Surely if you have an opinion, it is worth expressing. Most of us know who each other are. If folk can only comment behind a psuedenom, then maybe they should be elsewhere
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: paddypastit on February 07, 2011, 02:54:26 AM
Sligonian, no doubt you'll be calling by. Why should your anonymity be an issue. Surely if you have an opinion, it is worth expressing. Most of us know who each other are. If folk can only comment behind a psuedenom, then maybe they should be elsewhere
Of course my opinion is worth expressing but not on public forums anymore. Anonmity isnt a issue on here but on HS it is as i everyone else on there has there anonymity intact and im leaving myself way too open with everyone knowing my name. Whilst i get plenty of positive feedback and phonecalls about my posts there has been negative too. Also too from a coaching point of view its awkward as hell, going to courses etc... and trying to learn as much as possible and asking questions when they think will this lad go public on everything they say to me even though i never have broken peoples trust who tell me everything going on. Theres a lack of trust with coaches and its just not feasible going forward if i want to learn more in that field. Posting is fine if your just a supporter, and not if you are a coach, County board member or player. Paddy you'll find alot of the lads on here have stopped for the exact reasons i have. The only reason i annouced it aswell is because i post so much on sligo matters on HS and here over the yrs wouldnt want posters worried have i fallen off the face of the earth. I was in Donegal last sat but wont be commenting on it in public forum.

paddypastit

HS is an entirely different proposition in every sense. My comments extend to here. I can't think of anything constructive I could say about that site, or anything honest that wouldn't get me into trouble.

laoislad

Great win for Sligo tonight. 8-0 v Galway United.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

I am as well to stick this here. I haven't seen it anywhere else. From hoganstand.

'Former Mayo boss John Maughan's name has been added to the rumour mill surrounding the Sligo football vacancy - but interviews aren't scheduled to take place until next week.

Maughan's fellow Mayo man Michael Moyles - current Sligo IT manager - has also been tipped to replace Kevin Walsh but Sligo secretary Gerry O'Connor informed the Irish Daily Star that they are in no hurry to make a decision.

"We had a general idea we'd try to keep it reasonably near home to cut down on expense," he explained.

"But our sub-committee have agreed we won't let that be a barrier if the right person is further away.

"I'm amused at people saying it's down to money. Every manager is supposed to be only getting expenses.

"The head hunting hasn't completely finished. We are looking at all possibilities, even people who haven't managed county teams."'
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

Not sure if anyone is reading this thread anymore, just wondering what is going on in Ballymote. Senior team until recently and now giving walk overs in Div 2?

magpie seanie

Saw that alright. They were a pretty decent senior team not long ago. Not exactly sure what's going on but from observation there seemed to me to be a small core of dedicated guys running the show out there. Possibly they ran out of steam and there was no-one to pick up the gauntlet from them. Probably getting squeezed by the economic situation also. Harder to arrange your work around your football, especially when you're in a geographically isolated place like the North West.

Some other results in Div 2 showing other clubs struggling too. Did Castleconnor only draw with C'cool and Michaels recently? They're still top of the table somehow I think.

Overall club football in Sligo is at a very low ebb. The big gap between the end of the NFL and the Ros game will allow a good run of games which should help lift interest. I hope. Most of the league games can now be played with county players playing for their clubs which should always be the case. Unfortunately though clubs are being advised/instructed to not use members of the county minor panel for adult games which is pretty unfair.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 20, 2015, 01:49:30 PM
Saw that alright. They were a pretty decent senior team not long ago. Not exactly sure what's going on but from observation there seemed to me to be a small core of dedicated guys running the show out there. Possibly they ran out of steam and there was no-one to pick up the gauntlet from them. Probably getting squeezed by the economic situation also. Harder to arrange your work around your football, especially when you're in a geographically isolated place like the North West.

Some other results in Div 2 showing other clubs struggling too. Did Castleconnor only draw with C'cool and Michaels recently? They're still top of the table somehow I think.

Overall club football in Sligo is at a very low ebb. The big gap between the end of the NFL and the Ros game will allow a good run of games which should help lift interest. I hope. Most of the league games can now be played with county players playing for their clubs which should always be the case. Unfortunately though clubs are being advised/instructed to not use members of the county minor panel for adult games which is pretty unfair.

Think the clubs out my direction Castleconnor & Enniscrone will struggle anyway. Hit badly by emigration and even migration within the country. Enniscrone do have some promising young players but unlikely to be good enough to do anything in championshop. Castleconnor the same but they have a few good older lads, but maybe too old. Farnans and Pats will be decent though. From the table Shamrock Gaels are top with 100% record, seem to be going well but its a while since I saw them play. Sad to see a club like Ballymote in a big town in such a state.

magpie seanie

Ballymote gave Castleconnor a bit of a caning at the weekend. Must have been reading here and took it to heart!!!!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 27, 2015, 11:17:52 AM
Ballymote gave Castleconnor a bit of a caning at the weekend. Must have been reading here and took it to heart!!!!
Beat Pat's today too, evidently the prospect of slumming it (or worse still swapping places) with their obviously inferior neighbours must have stirred something in them.