Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 19, 2009, 03:51:04 PM
Ludovic Kennedy has died at the age of 89.  RIP.
A great human rights advocate, he was prominent in the Birmingham 6 campaign.

Whats the humanist equivalent of RIP? The man appears to have led a purpose driven life thats for sure.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Doogie Browser

David Shepherd, former Test Cricket Umpire has died. RIP.  He was famous for his wee shuffle when scores were at 111 (the Nelson).

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Donagh on October 19, 2009, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: Sandino on October 19, 2009, 05:22:40 PM
Werner Heubeck the former Manager of Ulsterbus has died aged 89. he used to carry  bombs of  hijacked buses in Belfast during the troubles.

Source; BBC

An unrepentant Nazi by all accounts.

Didn't he drive the Panzers on the Berlin - Warsaw route earlier in his career?

ONeill

Bundesliga - Germany keeper Enke 'commits suicide'

Germany and Hanover goalkeeper Robert Enke has died at a level crossing after apparently driving into the path of an oncoming train.

"Robert Enke died today in an accident," a media officer for the Niedersachsen Police told Reuters. "First indications point to suicide."

He was 32 years of age.

Hanover president Martin Kind was returning from a meeting with the German FA on Tuesday when he was telephoned with the news.

"You expect many things, but not something like that," he told German news agency DPA. "I do not know how and why it happened, but I do not think that it had anything to do with football."

Enke's two-year-old daughter Lara died two years ago from a heart defect.

The German FA stated: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock. National team coach Joachim Loew and manager Oliver Bierhoff said 'we are all shocked, we are speechless'."

Enke became Germany's number one goalkeeper when Jens Lehmann retired after Euro 2008 but had just returned from a bacterial bowel infection which ruled him out of his country's last four games.

He played in Hanover's 2-2 draw with Hamburg at the weekend but was not selected for the upcoming friendlies against Chile and Ivory Coast.

Loew said he was still his first choice for the World Cup in South Africa next year, and that the decision was based on his recent return to fitness. He had eight caps.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: Donagh on October 19, 2009, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: Sandino on October 19, 2009, 05:22:40 PM
Werner Heubeck the former Manager of Ulsterbus has died aged 89. he used to carry  bombs of  hijacked buses in Belfast during the troubles.

Source; BBC

An unrepentant Nazi by all accounts.

Correct, he got that job because he married into a connected family. He once told us all that we didnt have the balls to go on strike, he was wrong, we did and we ended up getting most of what he had asked for. ( I used to drive for them when I was a cub)

Thats all I will say on him but I would love to say a lot more, this is not the forum.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 10, 2009, 09:30:08 PM

Germany and Hanover goalkeeper Robert Enke has died at a level crossing after apparently driving into the path of an oncoming train.

"Robert Enke died today in an accident," a media officer for the Niedersachsen Police told Reuters. "First indications point to suicide."

He was 32 years of age.

Hanover president Martin Kind was returning from a meeting with the German FA on Tuesday when he was telephoned with the news.

"You expect many things, but not something like that," he told German news agency DPA. "I do not know how and why it happened, but I do not think that it had anything to do with football."

The German FA stated: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock. National team coach Joachim Loew and manager Oliver Bierhoff said 'we are all shocked, we are speechless'."

Enke became Germany's number one goalkeeper when Jens Lehmann retired after Euro 2008 but had just returned from a bacterial bowel infection which ruled him out of his country's last four games.

He played in Hanover's 2-2 draw with Hamburg at the weekend but was not selected for the upcoming friendlies against Chile and Ivory Coast.

Loew said he was still his first choice for the World Cup in South Africa next year, and that the decision was based on his recent return to fitness. He had eight caps.

That is unbelievable.
MWWSI 2017

randomtask

Quote from: ONeill on November 10, 2009, 09:30:08 PM

He was 32 years of age.

R.I.P hate seeing anyone die of suicide. when someone could have helped him

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Im just after getting him on a free transfer in football manager 2010!!!

randomtask

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on November 10, 2009, 10:56:55 PM

is it worth buying? better than the last one?

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Denn Forever

Quote from: randomtask on November 10, 2009, 11:00:54 PM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on November 10, 2009, 10:56:55 PM

is it worth buying? better than the last one?
[/quote

Would this no have been better on the dedicated Gaming/Game thread?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=10036.0
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Just thought it was a bit relevent!

CĂșig huaire

Veteran actor Edward Woodward has died aged 79, his agent has confirmed.

The Croydon-born star had been suffering from various illnesses including pneumonia and died in hospital, said Janet Glass.

Woodward is most famous for his roles in cult 1973 horror film The Wicker Man, alongside Christopher Lee, and US TV series The Equalizer.

He was last seen on screen in BBC One soap EastEnders as Tommy Clifford earlier this year.

Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Canalman

Sorry to hear that! He was class in Breaker Morant and TWM. For a certain generation he will though always be The Equalizer. RIP.

ziggysego

Sad news indeed. As Canalman says, to me he'll be The Equalizer. RIP.
Testing Accessibility