NFL Div 2 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Laois fan on October 22, 2019, 03:22:05 PM
Also means well have to put alot stronger teams out in o byrne cup to get players match ready,and hopefully if donie is committing we will need him back earlier this year
Anyone know if Donie,Munnelly ,Timmons are commiting ? I think Attride could be going abroad

thegreeenandgold

Munnelly yes to returning once again the others don't think so. Attride I think your correct there will be more defections.

SCFC

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on October 22, 2019, 01:38:16 PM
The sooner we have one 4-5 month inter-county season that runs through the summer months the better.
That would kill the clubs though. It's bad enough trying to keep club teams going as it is but try telling your senior team that they have no games from April to August and you wouldn't be able to print the Aer Lingus boarding passes quickly enough.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on October 22, 2019, 04:21:35 PM
Munnelly yes to returning once again the others don't think so. Attride I think your correct there will be more defections.
If your correct about Donie and Timmons we could be in for a tough year . Attride a big loss out of a backline that's in a transition period with new players like Robert Pigott, Paddy OSullivan etc

blueandwhite1

Quote from: SCFC on October 22, 2019, 04:32:05 PM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on October 22, 2019, 01:38:16 PM
The sooner we have one 4-5 month inter-county season that runs through the summer months the better.
That would kill the clubs though. It's bad enough trying to keep club teams going as it is but try telling your senior team that they have no games from April to August and you wouldn't be able to print the Aer Lingus boarding passes quickly enough.

Intercounty season - April-July inclusive (4 months). Start training in January.
Club league season - April-July. No intercounty players. Start training whenever.
Club championship season - August, September, October.

SCFC

Ah look, I know what you're aiming at. But league and All Ireland packed into 4 months ending in July? GPA wouldn't have it.
There's no real solution to the club v county issue. Greater minds than you and I cannot solve it. The April club month isn't the answer either.

Solo_run

Quote from: maddog on October 18, 2019, 02:51:16 PM
Anyone have the Armagh or Roscommon fixtures. Going to this game whatever the venue :o

It's at the Athletic Grounds apparently

les Antiques

I hear there is quite a few non committals going into the new campaign which is disappointing but understanding at the same time .

Laoiseabu

Quote from: les Antiques on October 22, 2019, 11:49:31 PM
I hear there is quite a few non committals going into the new campaign which is disappointing but understanding at the same time .
Could u confirm any names ?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 22, 2019, 11:59:40 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on October 22, 2019, 11:49:31 PM
Could u confirm any names ?

There won't be too many leaving according to this article..

New addition to Laois senior football management as former Killeshin boss named selector
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/10/22/new-addition-to-laois-senior-football-management-as-former-killeshin-boss-named-selector/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

thegreeenandgold

Let's see and you can slate me if I am wrong I would expect 4-5 defections from last years panel. 

blueandwhite1

It is completely natural and probably desirable that some lads move on. Quite a few of them have soldiered for years for the county, gave great service, but probably don't have the legs for it anymore. Our biggest challenge will be whether the quality coming through will be able to step up. This has been coming for years though. We are living off that 2007 U-21 team for 12 years now.

High Fielder

Let's not pretend everything is rosy here. The players invested in Sugrue and that investment was bearing fruit. The CB might be happy enough to hit Reset, but a lot of us, including some of the players, are still very unhappy about the whole affair.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: High Fielder on October 23, 2019, 09:49:36 AM
Let's not pretend everything is rosy here. The players invested in Sugrue and that investment was bearing fruit. The CB might be happy enough to hit Reset, but a lot of us, including some of the players, are still very unhappy about the whole affair.

So what would you suggest exactly?

High Fielder

Nothing. What happened happened. But harm was done and if players depart because of it, I would absolutely understand. It was hard enough for supporters to swallow. These lads worked closely with Sugrue and you can't just throw two good years down the drain. For all they and we know, Quirke could be a dud. It's not easy being asked to buy into new ideas when you were perfectly happy with what you had.