NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Rossfan

Us and Cyaavan hot favourites for the drop.
With us having a late managerial appointment , trying out new players and sorting out some team organisation and defensive system we're certainties
Dublin v Galway or Tyrone for the final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

D1 is a good opportunity to try out new players. Especially with corofin in the effin club championship.
Last year Galway played quite well but were still well off the pace in the all Ireland semi so narrowing that gap has to be the focus for next year.
Apart from the Empire none of the teams are much to write home about, to be honesht. 

I would like to see the Rossies staying up

https://youtu.be/I_izvAbhExY
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Need to start off by saying the these experimental rules is going to make a mess of the league and such experiments should only be used in December,January challenges and the FBD,McKenna,O'Byrne cups.

It looks like Dublin's league to lose again but i have a strong feeling Mayo could win or at least strongly challenge for a league title in 2019. Horan back on board and he'll be looking to hit the ground running, months to train and prepare for the league campaign unlike previous years and time is running out for the 30 years olds to win a national title.

At the other end of the table it looks like Cavan,Roscommon will be relegated but i feel one of them will stay up by the skin of their teeth and maybe someone like Kerry in deep transition could fall through the trap door.

GalwayBayBoy

I doubt we'll back in the final next year anyway. We have a much tougher schedule of fixtures. Only 3 games at home to the two promoted sides and Kerry and 4 away games to Dublin, Mayo, Tyrone and Monaghan. Corofin players will be missing again also. If we can manage mid table mediocrity that would be grand. Should manage a couple of wins at home and maybe one on the road that would keep them up.

Dubs to reach the final yet again and maybe Mayo to join them if they get a new manager bounce from Horan.

Farrandeelin

What is It, 4 years in a row last day relegation candidates? Have to raise the standard of home games and win a few, because travelling to Kerry, Tyrone and Dublin won't garner many points imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 26, 2018, 05:29:14 PM
Need to start off by saying the these experimental rules is going to make a mess of the league and such experiments should only be used in December,January challenges and the FBD,McKenna,O'Byrne cups.

They mentioned that on the radio earlier - these rules will make a mess of the league, how can a team train for one set of rules for the league and then revert back for the championship? The handpass one in particular

straightred

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 26, 2018, 07:07:59 PM
I doubt we'll back in the final next year anyway. We have a much tougher schedule of fixtures. Only 3 games at home to the two promoted sides and Kerry and 4 away games to Dublin, Mayo, Tyrone and Monaghan. Corofin players will be missing again also. If we can manage mid table mediocrity that would be grand. Should manage a couple of wins at home and maybe one on the road that would keep them up.

Dubs to reach the final yet again and maybe Mayo to join them if they get a new manager bounce from Horan.

I see that Scotstown have 5 (?) Monaghan starters so if they win the Ulster club on Sunday you'd expect Monaghan to struggle.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 26, 2018, 11:35:55 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 26, 2018, 05:29:14 PM

They mentioned that on the radio earlier - these rules will make a mess of the league, how can a team train for one set of rules for the league and then revert back for the championship? The handpass one in particular

Yes very daft but those at the top in suits knows best and what does it matter what the players think  ::)

Rossfan

It never mattered what mere players think.
Young buicíns in their 20s with semi developed brains.
What would they know compared to the wise old elders?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on November 27, 2018, 12:22:43 AM

One of the most trenchant critics of the hoor in the White House is a Rossie.
You can take the man out of Ros but you can't take Ros out of the man.
I think the parents cane from Boyle

John O. Brennan
@JohnBrennan
·
8h
Your feelings of inferiority, insecurity, vulnerability, and culpability are loud & clear. You remind me of how many corrupt authoritarian leaders abroad behaved before they were deposed. Bob Mueller's name will be revered in the annals of U.S. history; your name will be scorned.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2018, 09:58:56 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 27, 2018, 12:22:43 AM

One of the most trenchant critics of the hoor in the White House is a Rossie.
You can take the man out of Ros but you can't take Ros out of the man.
I think the parents cane from Boyle

John O. Brennan
@JohnBrennan
·
8h
Your feelings of inferiority, insecurity, vulnerability, and culpability are loud & clear. You remind me of how many corrupt authoritarian leaders abroad behaved before they were deposed. Bob Mueller's name will be revered in the annals of U.S. history; your name will be scorned.

What has that post got to do with this thread?

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

Hound

Did I hear correctly that Clifford is gone for the league? Some type of op?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on November 28, 2018, 07:04:31 AM
Did I hear correctly that Clifford is gone for the league? Some type of op?

That's what you get throwing a young lad in at the deep end early. He'll be finished as a player at 27.

The rule on the under 20's is the wrong way around. Under 20's should not be allowed to play senior.