Carlow v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 11, 2018, 08:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 12, 2018, 02:21:03 PM
Wooly mentioned in his podcast that he was flat out waving imaginary yellow cards and at one point made the substitution signal to the Laois bench to get one of their men off. Fair to say, Colm hasn't much time for him!!

Think he coaches the St. Louis Kilkeel team in the MacRory cup as well. Marty Clarke seems to have an awful lot of time for him. . . Brolly is not a fan!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2018, 02:32:17 PM
Wooly mentioned in his podcast that he was flat out waving imaginary yellow cards and at one point made the substitution signal to the Laois bench to get one of their men off. Fair to say, Colm hasn't much time for him!!

Think he coaches the St. Louis Kilkeel team in the MacRory cup as well. Marty Clarke seems to have an awful lot of time for him. . . Brolly is not a fan!!

Is he not St Columban's (the secondary) SE?

Nanderson

Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

He never coached St Louis. Was An Riocht manager when Martin came home from Aus the 1st time so would have been Martys coach. Think hes away to Lismore in Craigavon now that St Columbans has been merged with St Louis

Targetman

Surely the legendary Poacher deserves a thread of his own!!

Jayop

With all due respect to Carlow, I expect Tyrone to have this pretty handy. Carlow could only (in my opinion) beat a top team by catching them on the hop and at this stage everyone knows all about Carlow and Tyrone have played and played against every kind of defensive set up imaginable. Tyrone simply will have better players who will do more damage while Carlow will be praying for a free every time a Tyrone man touches them within 50. I'd expect the spread to be 6 points and Tyrone to just about beat it.

Created 5 good goal chances at least against Meath, if we can do that here and take 2 of them it's good night Carlow.

yellowcard

No assistant manager outside of Roy Keane appears to get as much media coverage as Steve Poacher.

If he is as good as they say he is, surely he must be the obvious candidate for the Down job which I'd expect to become vacant in the next few weeks. Could be the catalyst that Down football needs if someone as esteemed as Marty Clarke has put him forward as his choice.

Carlow put it up to Monaghan for long spells in last years qualifier match and I'd expect a similar encounter here with Tyrone coming through by 7-8 points. The only thing sure is that this will not be one for the traditionalists.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: tyroneman on June 11, 2018, 08:50:21 AM
If Brolly couldn't stand Carlow's blanket approach v Laois at the weekend, he's really gonna love Carlow v Tyrone....
Tyrones in their last 3 championship games have conceded 2-17,1-18 and 0-19 a blanket that is full of holes?

Jayop

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 12, 2018, 11:05:19 PM
If Brolly couldn't stand Carlow's blanket approach v Laois at the weekend, he's really gonna love Carlow v Tyrone....
Tyrones in their last 3 championship games have conceded 2-17,1-18 and 0-19 a blanket that is full of holes?

And barring 2 games in the last 2 seasons Tyrone have scored a load too.

Honestly, it would be nonsense for any Tyrone person to say that we haven't been defensive the last few years, but I have seen changes and different approaches being tried this year in both the League and the Championship. Time will tell, but even if Tyrone went man to man you'd still have people calling it puke football and devensive shite because that's what's been ingrained in the public consciousness by RTE since 2003

Main Street

I fancy Carlow for this one, though that could be the weed talking.

seafoid

Quote from: Jayop on June 12, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

Honestly, it would be nonsense for any Tyrone person to say that we haven't been defensive the last few years, but I have seen changes and different approaches being tried this year in both the League and the Championship. Time will tell, but even if Tyrone went man to man you'd still have people calling it puke football and devensive shite because that's what's been ingrained in the public consciousness by RTE since 2003
Jaysus

If Tyrone played attractive football RTE would show it. If Tyrone had good forwards maybe the tactics could be different 
Nobody cares otherwise. It is all a big circus. Most people wouldn't be able to remember as far back as 2003 either.
Maybe the border interferes with the optics.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2018, 01:11:58 AM

Jaysus

If Tyrone played attractive football RTE would show it. If Tyrone had good forwards maybe the tactics could be different 
Nobody cares otherwise. It is all a big circus. Most people wouldn't be able to remember as far back as 2003 either.

Given Tyrones high scoring in championship games over the last two years, I'm at a loss as to what the anti-tyroneies want. Seriously what do you want???

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 13, 2018, 03:47:58 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2018, 01:11:58 AM

Jaysus

Given Tyrones high scoring in championship games over the last two years, I'm at a loss as to what the anti-tyroneies want. Seriously what do you want???
Tyrone can rack up big scores against Ulster teams alright.

WT4E

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2018, 07:43:51 AM

So let me get this straight only scores against non ulster teams count????

2-14 against Meath this year

1-14
0-19
0-21
against non ulster teams in 2015

2-21 in 2014

Seafoid serious question - Why do you hate Tyrone so much can't understand it as you are a Galwegian.

seafoid

Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2018, 09:56:03 AM

1-14
0-19
0-21

2-21 in 2014

Seafoid serious question - Why do you hate Tyrone so much can't understand it as you are a Galwegian.
I don't hate them. I just think they are not good enough. Racking up big scores against mediocre teams means nothing.
I thought after they got promoted in 2016 that they would kick on. I thought they might be good enough to challenge Dublin.  And they weren't.
I think they need a new approach.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2018, 09:56:03 AM

1-14
0-19
0-21

2-21 in 2014

I don't hate them. I just think they are not good enough. Racking up big scores against mediocre teams means nothing.
I thought after they got promoted in 2016 that they would kick on. I thought they might be good enough to challenge Dublin.  And they weren't.
I think they need a new approach.

I think everyone in Tyrone is acutely aware that we arent on the same level as Dublin (who is?)
We are probably a level below Kerry/Mayo also, but still capable of beating them.

What counties do rack up big scores against Dublin?

The way some on here and those in the media go on you'd think Tyrone won every game 7 points to 6
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either