Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2019, 12:02:50 AM
Needless to say the bould Harte got one of his cards overturned as we expected.

Only one! disgrace. Especially after an objective analysis by Des and Sean C on The Sunday Game rubbished all 3!

In subsequent Sunday Game investigative journalism:

Des and Pat Spillane reveal how Munster is the toughest province and how Clare and Cork nearly felled the Kingdom
Des and Ciaran Whelan go undercover to unveil the monetary struggles of Dublin GAA and the sinister forces at work trying to keep them down

Aaron Boone

Disappointing for Tyrone morale that just one card rescinded. Peter Harte back to knife edge avoiding hard tackles even. Add this to the bus song and it's a far from ideal preparation.
Roscommon 7/2 is a big price.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 11, 2019, 11:22:04 PM
I can't wait to watch this one.  15 Tyrone players back defending, riveting stuff.

Tyrone are averaging 23 points a game across 6 matches. So it's fair to say they've been doing a lot more than just defending.

macdanger2

I think this will be a lot closer than people expect and I wouldn't be surprised if Roscommon win it. The biggest weakness Roscommon have is at MF, they got cleaned out there against Mayo (and Galway to a lesser extent from what I saw) and still managed to win. If Tyrone push up on the kickouts, they will struggle but if Tyrone play more conservatively, Roscommon will win imo.

Good luck to the neighbours anyway

fearsiuil

Quote from: Jayop on July 11, 2019, 10:05:29 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2019, 10:02:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2019, 08:37:07 PM
Bogue did make a couple of good points. But you have to remember who his primary audience is too - The Belfast Telegraph readership.

Sometimes you have to tell the wife them jeans do look good on her, for selfish reasons.

Declan Bogue has no credibility as a person never mind as a journalist.

I don't know a thing about him outside of reading a few articles and hearing him on a few GAA radio shows or podcasts so I had very little respect built up for him before this uncle tomming but he's in negative equity now.

**Sorry for ranting so much about this in a match thread, but it boils my spuds**

British queens or lumper?

RedHand88

I can't wait to watch this one.  15 Tyrone players back defending, riveting stuff.

This Tyrone team is statistically the highest scoring team in the history of the Championship. Anyone who thinks they are a defensive team doesn't know if it's pumped or stuffed.

westbound

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 12, 2019, 09:16:12 AM

This Tyrone team is statistically the highest scoring team in the history of the Championship. Anyone who thinks they are a defensive team doesn't know if it's pumped or stuffed.

What does the stat mean?
Have you evidence to back it up?

RedHand88

Quote from: westbound on July 12, 2019, 09:26:17 AM

What does the stat mean?

Look at the stats for the highest points scored by a team in a championship season. Look where Tyrone 2017 and Tyrone 2018 are.

Substandard

Living in hope more than expectation of a famous Ros win, but anyway.
Tyrone are a seasoned outfit, and know what it takes to get the job done at this stage of the championship.  We aren't at that level yet, but if we want to be official members of the Big Boys Club, we have to start claiming scalps at this level.  We seem to be a lot stronger than last year, and definitely more organized defensively, so at the very least I'd be confident that it won't end up a massacre like last year.
Winning Connacht as we did broke new ground for us this year, and the next step is get a win in the Super 8s.  As usual before a big game for Ros, emotions swing from Ger Loughnane's 'We're going to do it' to 'We're doomed, I tells you'.  Tyrone, as I said, are used to this.  We have to get used to doing this. 
Best of luck to the Rossies, and safe travel and welcome to Tyrone fans traveling.  Hope yez enjoy the hospitality, but know that there won't be much hospitality within the white lines of the Hyde- again hopefully!!
Providing it doesn't become a blowout as has happened Ros so often in the past, it should make for a mighty battle, with a lot of intriguing match-ups in prospect.  So much at stake for the winner, in that they can focus full attention on beating Cork for a semi-final berth- and that's far from a forgone conclusion, by the way, but it'd be nice not to be looking to beat Dublin to survive.

A Ros win would be up there with my happiest moments in sport- the only thing that would take the sheen off it would be a Cork win v the T1000s.

Best not think of that!!

westbound

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 12, 2019, 10:05:39 AM

What does the stat mean?

Look at the stats for the highest points scored by a team in a championship season. Look where Tyrone 2017 and Tyrone 2018 are.

So are you saying that Tyrone in 2017 or 2018 have scored more than any team in any year?

Can you provide a link to the stats because I have better things to be doing. But if you are  making such a claim you must have the evidence?

Dire Ear

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2019, 09:17:42 AM
Tyrone would want to get Harte black carded soon. He wouldn't have been needed much for this game as Tyrone will win it comfortably enough. Play Cork without him maybe. Dublin game viewed as a dead rubber?
They certainly don't want him missing a semi-final or final.
100%,   probably shouldn't have bothered appealing, lose him for the Ros game and then be at zero moving onwards might have made more sense

sligoman2

What does the stat mean?

It's not a stat it's a fact.  No argument that Tyrone are scoring more, but every time the opposition get the ball is a stampede back to their own half by all with the possible exception of mcshane.  Did you watch the Cavan game, I did for 20 minutes.  As a neutral it's not pretty to watch.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

greatpoint

Quote from: westbound on July 12, 2019, 12:05:36 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 12, 2019, 10:05:39 AM

What does the stat mean?

So are you saying that Tyrone in 2017 or 2018 have scored more than any team in any year?

Can you provide a link to the stats because I have better things to be doing. But if you are  making such a claim you must have the evidence?

I had a look at 2017 and Dublin's total scored and scoring average are both much higher than Tyrone's. In 2018 Tyrone played two games more than anyone else but their scoring average was still far below Dublin's.

It might be the highest number of points scored without winning anything? I know they're the first team to have lost three times in the Championship.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 12, 2019, 12:44:10 PM

What does the stat mean?

It's not a stat it's a fact.  No argument that Tyrone are scoring more, but every time the opposition get the ball is a stampede back to their own half by all with the possible exception of mcshane.  Did you watch the Cavan game, I did for 20 minutes.  As a neutral it's not pretty to watch.

So that they can win the ball back to launch another attack? When a team is averaging 23 points a game over 6 matches it's crazy for anyone to try to label them as being defensive.

sligoman2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 12, 2019, 01:12:51 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on July 12, 2019, 12:44:10 PM

What does the stat mean?

So that they can win the ball back to launch another attack? When a team is averaging 23 points a game over 6 matches it's crazy for anyone to try to label them as being defensive.

When a team is averaging 14 or 15 men behind the ball it's crazy for anyone not to label them as defensive. 

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.