Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: GJL on December 26, 2018, 05:38:17 PM
Not that bothered about clean sheets as long as the total at the other end is higher. Utd of old is back. Love it. 😎

Cardiff and Huddersfield were an easy enough start to OGS's reign, no real questions asked yet and Bournemouth should be another stroll in the park and Newcastle away no different.
If Mourinho had been charge, I'd have expected the same points tally.

Time will tell how this is going to pan out.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: johnnycool on December 27, 2018, 10:48:33 AM
Not that bothered about clean sheets as long as the total at the other end is higher. Utd of old is back. Love it. 😎

Cardiff and Huddersfield were an easy enough start to OGS's reign, no real questions asked yet and Bournemouth should be another stroll in the park and Newcastle away no different.

Mourinho wouldn't get 12 points from those 4 games (hopefully OGS does) and I even doubt his ability to have won both of the previous two. Even if he would have managed to get those wins, it would more than likely have been a dodgy, scrappy, unconvincing performance with Fellaini needed to dig us out of a hole with an aerial bombardment for the last ten mins of the game.

GJL

Quote from: johnnycool on December 27, 2018, 10:48:33 AM

8 goals in 2 games under Jose. No chance.

Square Ball

It's great watching United again, OGS needs to work on the defence as I think good teams will take the chances that Cardiff and Huddersfield missed, no idea how it's all gonna end, but it's gonna be exciting ride.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GJL

Brilliant to watch since OGS took over.

Milltown Row2

Still letting in goals from set pieces.. can't see a top four finish regardless of arsenal and spurs free falling, Utd will get pumped by Liverpool City and Chelsea should they not tighten up at the back..

That said they are chasing goals, looking dangerous when in the final third. Would hold judgment till Utd play a top 4 team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

3 wins in a row for the first time this season. Just 3 points off 5th place now which is where i expect them to finish the season. Chelsea unlikely to be caught in 4th.

Apart from the silly challenge from Bailly that saw red i thought the United defenders did alright today it was Matic that is meant to protect the defence that went to sleep on the goal conceded. Only Bournemouth it will be said but under Jose at home to Bournemouth it was 1-1 and 1-0.

Boycey

I love your no nonsense straight line thinking...

Sport doesn't always oblige though.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 30, 2018, 06:26:30 PM
3 wins in a row for the first time this season. Just 3 points off 5th place now which is where i expect them to finish the season. Chelsea unlikely to be caught in 4th.

Apart from the silly challenge from Bailly that saw red i thought the United defenders did alright today it was Matic that is meant to protect the defence that went to sleep on the goal conceded. Only Bournemouth it will be said but under Jose at home to Bournemouth it was 1-1 and 1-0.

Chelsea havent been great of late. 4th still there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stiffler

Bailey lucky not to see red and give a penalty away which would have let Bournemouth back into the game.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 30, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

We've heard this only Bournemouth, only Huddersfield, only Cardiff remarks, but in fairness Utd are beating the lesser light well since Maureen departed. Mid February to mid March will test Utd as they have games against PSG (x2),  Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City. They have a lot of the lesser lights up to then so if they continue this form they just might have a bit of Mojo!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 30, 2018, 06:38:14 PM

Chelsea got 6 points from two tricky away games recently. I could be wrong but IMO too many points has been dropped against poor to average side this season to catch Chelsea.

HiMucker

Anyone dismissing the United performances since OGS took over couldn't have watched much of them beforehand. This has been as good as united have played in a long long time.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 30, 2018, 07:13:18 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 30, 2018, 06:38:14 PM

Chelsea got 6 points from two tricky away games recently. I could be wrong but IMO too many points has been dropped against poor to average side this season to catch Chelsea.

They still have lost a lot of league games over the past month.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on December 30, 2018, 07:26:42 PM
Anyone dismissing the United performances since OGS took over couldn't have watched much of them beforehand. This has been as good as united have played in a long long time.

No one is dismissing their performance since OGS, it's the teams they have played would be average teams that on any given Utd team would expect to win against. With Jose winning those games were always hanging in the balance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea