Ulster Unity on Saturday!!!

Started by T O Hare, July 29, 2010, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Contrary to what a lot of supporters believe, I don't think that the Tyrone supporters are arrogant, loudmouthed etc etc. I have always admired your love of the GAA throughout the county and have met some really nice Tyrone men(and Women ;)). On Saturday i hope the Down ans can cheer for Tyrone and vive versa and hope we both can progress to the semi-finals!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

I have always admired Down and their proud record in All-Ireland finals. They truly are the aristocrats of Ulster football and fine ambassadors for the game up here. I've also tackled a few blades from Crossgar, Killyleagh and Loughinisland and they were dead on too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T O Hare

Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2010, 12:57:08 PM
Pass the sick bucket time  :P

Maybe Down and Tyrone fans really hate one another :) :)

T O Hare

Quote from: ONeill on July 29, 2010, 01:02:46 PM
I have always admired Down and their proud record in All-Ireland finals. They truly are the aristocrats of Ulster football and fine ambassadors for the game up here. I've also tackled a few blades from Crossgar, Killyleagh and Loughinisland and they were dead on too.

Good Protestants ladies then ;) ;) ;)

fingerbob

Quote from: T O Hare on July 29, 2010, 01:04:28 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 29, 2010, 01:02:46 PM

Good Protestants ladies then ;) ;) ;)

Crossgar and Loughinisland? I think not!  :D

blanketattack

The unity on Saturday will be as follows:
Tyrone and Dublin fans will be shouting for Down in the Kerry-Down game.
Kerry and most Down fans will be shouting for Dublin in the Tyrone-Down game.
A minority of Down fans will be shouting for Tyrone in the Tyrone-Down game.

Lazer

I don't like either Dublin or Tyrone very much

My support will be given to whichever team plays the cleanest football in the first 5 minutes
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Feckitt

Some of the Tyrone players make them hard to like as a team, but as an Armagh man, and an Ulsterman, i will be giving my wholehearted support to Down & Tyrone.  And I have no doubt whatsoever that Down & Tyrone will support each other.

5 Sams

I never ever got this "cheering for your own province" carry on.

You never hear Kerry or Cork fans shouting for each other.... same goes for Meath and the Dubs...it seems to be a peculiarly Ulster tradition....one which I won't be participating in.....

The Aristocrat Years

A Quinn Martin Production

Usually support the Ulster teams except when it's Londondown :P
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Kerry Mike

QuoteYou never hear Kerry or Cork fans shouting for each other

We shout at each other. Langers.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Zapatista

Maiden1

On the off chance that Down beat Kerry in the first game I think a lot of Down fans will be cheering for Dublin in the second game as they might have a better chance against the Dubs if Down managed to get to the final.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Doogie Browser

It truly will be a day to Love Ulster on Saturday in the capital