The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 11:37:53 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2009, 02:29:24 PM
I see no point in discussing it further with you, it's my opinion, get over it.

Pigeon-holing? Like the majority of night-time cinema-goers being dicks?
They are, have you ever been at the cinema at night.  Though I have no idea who they vote for.

Are you going to post that thread...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gallsman

Click the link, it takes you right to the thread.

I presume the last bit was meant to be tongue-in-cheek so I won't bite.

pintsofguinness

Am I missing something? There's no link?

Have you got a link to the thread where you said you had an ego?  :D

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2009, 02:29:24 PM[/color]

That's a link. Your welcome for the free lesson - I know you old farts struggle with technology sometimes.

I don't have a link to that thread, but if you find it maybe you can read it again to see how much of a piss take it was. If I recall it started when I criticised the likes of ross4life for spending all their time on the Hot Ladies thread. Again if I recall correctly, which i do, you stated that you agreed with me :D

pintsofguinness

Um, that's a quote.  A link is something you click on to bring you to a page i.e. the thread where I said that. 

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 08, 2010, 11:56:22 PM
Um, that's a quote.  A link is something you click on to bring you to a page i.e. the thread where I said that.

See where it says
QuoteQuote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2009, 02:29:24 PM
and it's underlined? Click that.

pintsofguinness

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. You were acting a snob in it too and I wasn't so keen on continuing the discussion with you when you called me a bigot due to my views on rowing  ::)

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2010, 12:05:09 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that thread. You were acting a snob in it too and I wasn't so keen on continuing the discussion with you when you called me a bigot due to my views on rowing  ::)

No, the bigot comment had nothing to do with your views on rowing, just your personality in general

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 09, 2010, 12:05:57 AM

No, the bigot comment had nothing to do with your views on rowing, just your personality in general
And there you go again, you know everything about everything and everyone, even me  :D

I'm not sure what word use to describe you - you've the Trinity education, what would a big word me for "an oul know-it-all".

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 11:52:07 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2009, 02:29:24 PM[/color]

That's a link. Your welcome for the free lesson - I know you old farts struggle with technology sometimes.

I don't have a link to that thread, but if you find it maybe you can read it again to see how much of a piss take it was. If I recall it started when I criticised the likes of ross4life for spending all their time on the Hot Ladies thread. Again if I recall correctly, which i do, you stated that you agreed with me :D

Totally untrue! Connacht GAA,Roscommon & Man Utd threads is where i spend all my time

Sorry for going off topic, you just had to include me  :-[ BTW  I'm enjoying this debate riveting stuff
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2010, 12:11:19 AM

And there you go again, you know everything about everything and everyone, even me  :D

I'm not sure what word use to describe you - you've the Trinity education, what would a big word me for "an oul know-it-all".

Another to ignore the fact that I also went to DCU. I find this fixation with Trinity hilarious - I'm not the one who keeps mentioning it.

I'd love someone to try and explain these accusations of snobbery. I've stated my belief of the likelihood of a certain demographic to be Sinn Fein supporters -  how is that snobbish or prejudiced in any way? In order for it to be so I would have to condemn being a Sinn Fein supporter as some form of inferiority. I happily challenge you all to point out where exactly this occurred.

Then again, I did go to Trinity so am obviously immediately intellectually superior to the lot of you and so am actually capable of understanding the meaning of the word "snob"  ::) ::) ::)

ziggysego

The sexual tension in here is palpable.
Testing Accessibility

Banana Man

QuoteYes, that's what I said.

I offered up evidence of why I believe I'm qualified to comment on such matters. What have you offered?

I'm still waiting to find out what you know of Trinity and DCU.

I don't know why you are waiting to find out what I know, I would tell you, you would disagree, tell me that I don't know what I claim too and then decide that you were correct thus rendering all previous dialogue void and a waste of time  ::)

Nally Stand

Quote from: Banana Man on November 09, 2010, 09:02:27 AM
QuoteYes, that's what I said.

I offered up evidence of why I believe I'm qualified to comment on such matters. What have you offered?

I'm still waiting to find out what you know of Trinity and DCU.

I don't know why you are waiting to find out what I know, I would tell you, you would disagree, tell me that I don't know what I claim too and then decide that you were correct thus rendering all previous dialogue void and a waste of time  ::)
:D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: gallsman on November 09, 2010, 12:48:32 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2010, 12:11:19 AM

Another to ignore the fact that I also went to DCU. I find this fixation with Trinity hilarious - I'm not the one who keeps mentioning it.

I'd love someone to try and explain these accusations of snobbery. I've stated my belief of the likelihood of a certain demographic to be Sinn Fein supporters -  how is that snobbish or prejudiced in any way? In order for it to be so I would have to condemn being a Sinn Fein supporter as some form of inferiority. I happily challenge you all to point out where exactly this occurred.

Then again, I did go to Trinity so am obviously immediately intellectually superior to the lot of you and so am actually capable of understanding the meaning of the word "snob"  ::) ::) ::)

Ehhh - already did, I'll not go through it all again but he's a couple of examples

- "I'm reinforcing the point that my insight is a lot greater than yours"

- "I believe I'm slightly better qualified than Pints to comment on such matters....Whether or not he or you dispute this is irrelevant."

Hopefully you will now realise that passing comment on who you assume people vote for due to their clothes isn't the only way you can be a snob. Quotes like those above and others I posted a page or two back should give plenty proof of that.

Glad to be of help.

(However I do expect that, despite what you said, you really wouldn't have loved to have had it pointed out to you; as no doubt you will blindly ignore all the proof of your snobbery, claiming it wasn't proof of snobbery at all.)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore