AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

vallankumous

Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:34:49 PM
Brogan hit a kick in first half which looked yards wide. Thought that was why hawkeye was introduced. Awful game. Last ten was great stuff tho. The dubs seem to feel fairly aggrieved. I suppose i would too if someone unexpectantly started applyin the same rules as everyone else when id gotten away with it for years....

The last ten were ok If it had have been like that the whole way through Mayo would have won by about 20 points. Dublin were totally lost at that stage and in the last possession decided they were happy with a draw and made no effort to attack.

orangeman

Mayo's Aidan O'Shea has confirmed that he was headbutted during Sunday's All-Ireland semi-final draw with Dublin - after television cameras caught the off-the-ball incident between himself and Philly McMahon.

Could be trouble ahead. Mc Mahon is a serious player. The tussle between him and O'Shea was some battle after O'Carroll had to go off early.

vallankumous

Quote from: Canalman on August 30, 2015, 11:28:04 PM
By the way guys, Kevin Mc double hopped the ball for his point. Amazed no one has picked up on it.

He did the same to win the famous Cluxton free in 2011 final but who's counting.

straightred

Quote from: JoG2 on August 31, 2015, 12:03:25 AM
Connolly deserved the red.  He struck, red,  Keegan acted the wag,  didn't strike,  yellow.  Imo Connolly's one of the best in the modern era but psychologically he invests too much energy in getting involved in incidents that are buck all to do with him.  A very tightly  wound player.

Regarding,  COC.  An unfortunate hit on O Carroll,  but never a red imo.  Nobody wants to see any player going off with their head bust and unable to rejoin the battle.  OConnor isn't a rolls royce player in open play,  but he's arguably Mayo's most important player and that speaks volumes for the contribution he makes game in game out.

So Connolly is a proven axe murderer but COC is an innocent victim of circumstance. Serious blinkers around here tonight

The Trap

Garlic football is fucked

straightred

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 12:08:06 AM
Quote from: Canalman on August 30, 2015, 11:28:04 PM
By the way guys, Kevin Mc double hopped the ball for his point. Amazed no one has picked up on it.

He did the same to win the famous Cluxton free in 2011 final but who's counting.

It was free in with advantage to Dublin (refs arm in the air). Should have pulled it back i think for free but either way its a point. RTE player - sunday game highlights - 14:25

dublin7

Quote from: JoG2 on August 31, 2015, 12:03:25 AM
Connolly deserved the red.  He struck, red,  Keegan acted the wag,  didn't strike,  yellow.  Imo Connolly's one of the best in the modern era but psychologically he invests too much energy in getting involved in incidents that are buck all to do with him.  A very tightly  wound player.

Regarding,  COC.  An unfortunate hit on O Carroll,  but never a red imo.  Nobody wants to see any player going off with their head bust and unable to rejoin the battle.  OConnor isn't a rolls royce player in open play,  but he's arguably Mayo's most important player and that speaks volumes for the contribution he makes game in game out.

An unfortunate hit that resulted in 10 stitches for Rory.  Would love to smack you on on a Saturday night out.  Sure he only had to get  10 stitches after I hit him, these things happen.

vallankumous

Quote from: straightred on August 31, 2015, 12:27:10 AM

It was free in with advantage to Dublin (refs arm in the air). Should have pulled it back i think for free but either way its a point. RTE player - sunday game highlights - 14:25

Yeah I seen that explained earlier.
I wouldn't be too concerned about technical foul missed by a ref anyway.

tyssam5

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on August 30, 2015, 04:43:49 PM
Big O'Se went down white easily in the first half.

I've seen yellows given for that kind of thing.

(Once, ever)

Lads give it a f**king rest. You don't have to turn everything into a Tyrone whinge.

Wanting consistency in the rules is not whinging Hardy - wake up

Rules made up to apply to only some teams hurts the game.

tyssam5

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:45:48 PM
Cillian O Connor will be hit by a retrospective ban for the ROC incident. It's on camera by all accounts.

My apologies to Aidan O Se

Classic shite talk and BS apology.

omaghjoe

Some amount of shite talked here tho hardly surprising, but even with that said its worth trailing through the lot of it for some hilarious comments. Indiana's bloopers are becoming compulsory reading at this point.

;D ;D ;D

Jell 0 Biafra

Lots of nasty stuff today.  As you would expect, given 2012/3, these teams really don't like each other.  No doubt Cooper should have gone for his stamp in the first half, and how CoC stayed on the pitch is a bit of a mystery, elbow to RoC  (really can't believe lads on here are saying it wasn't deliberate).  Likewise nailed on black card for deliberate pull-down of Connolly at the end.  No argument for Connolly's red, or for MDMA's black, but thought Bastic was very hard done by for his black--really can't see how there was intent there.

omaghjoe

As far as the match goes it was a stinker but the last 10mins were great. The most well worn cliche about Mayo and their forwards losing them matches was almost proven yet again. Its strange as they seem to have some great forwards other times of the year. I mentioned previously about the quality of Mark Ronaldson but there seems to be a whole raft of reasons not to put him on.

Mayo's scoring from play is an issue but then it leads on nicely to the next problem... Dublin's defending, how could it have been so bad? Where these guys overated to begin with or where they just to keyed up? For their two corner backs at least the latter is true,  they should have both got the line as they had zero intention of playing any football. It was kind of C Hughes and Paul Finlay in the q.final all over again.

The refereeing was poor again, thought both penalties were questionable, Dublin's maybe not inside and Mayo's maybe was not a foul. M D McAuley and O'Sullivan's black cards were the wrong way around, few handy frees esp for Mayo, but then Dublins tackling had been so terrible u nearly couldn't blame him there.

Havent seen a clear shot of the Connolly Keegan incident yet but if he laid a punch in he had to go. Its just a pity that he has that streak in him because he is a class footballer, his point in the first half was outstanding. Didnt notice the McMahon headbutt at the time but looks bad too, should have walked, will likely get a retrospective ban. Coopers tackle very bad, shoulda walked. COC's swinging arm was just that, an accidental collision, it was hard luck on ROC as these things happen sometimes if you caught a certain way, the skin can just split.

Despite all of that I didn't think Dublin were all that dirty, the 2 CBs were in the wrong frame of mind for the match which was disappointing and Connolly had a rush of blood to the head but apart from that the most disappointing thing that for me was where they actually appeared to be playing for the draw at the end.

Jell 0 Biafra

Ah come on, OJ, we were a man down and lost our two most experienced midfielders to black cards.   Happy to have a draw at the end there, though should have had it wrapped up long before.