Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Barney on June 18, 2009, 03:34:39 PM
Lads where do ye recommend for downloading/watching movies online

I use www.torrentz.com

It's a search engine for all the torrents sites.

Our Nail Loney

Saw that Last House On The Left there tonight...

:-\

Don't go if you're any way squeamish, it was gory as f**k, really really horrific in some parts too...

ONeill

Just finished watching a film I've always wanted to see - Ladri di biciclette/Bicycle Thieves/The Bicycle Thief.

That's probably the first neorealist film I've seen. Great stuff, played by nonprofessionals. It's on youtube now in 9 parts.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

joemamas

for a somewhat oldie

The pope of Greenwich village, classic some mighty one liners.

ziggysego

Just back from watching the new Transformers movie in Lifford. 2 1/2 hours long, but did not feel it. Special effects were beyond anything I've before. Action, comedy, romantic and sentimentality.... this film had it all. I know everyone has been raving about Megan Fox lately, but to be honest, I found her a little wooden.
Testing Accessibility

Carmen Stateside

Just finished watching The Hangover, some very funny parts!
Need help picking a few films for tomorrow, out of the following i would like to know which is best if any:

Swing Vote
W.
I Love you, Man
Angels and Demons
the Reader
Austrailia

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 19, 2009, 04:19:06 AM
Just finished watching The Hangover, some very funny parts!
Need help picking a few films for tomorrow, out of the following i would like to know which is best if any:

Swing Vote
W.
I Love you, Man
Angels and Demons
the Reader
Austrailia

Angels and Demons was ok, not great, nowhere near as good as the  book.

I Love You, Man was really good, far better than what I expected!! Some class one liners in it...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on June 19, 2009, 01:00:13 AM
Just finished watching a film I've always wanted to see - Ladri di biciclette/Bicycle Thieves/The Bicycle Thief.

That's probably the first neorealist film I've seen. Great stuff, played by nonprofessionals. It's on youtube now in 9 parts.
Ponce.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on June 19, 2009, 03:43:14 AM
Just back from watching the new Transformers movie in Lifford. 2 1/2 hours long, but did not feel it. Special effects were beyond anything I've before. Action, comedy, romantic and sentimentality.... this film had it all. I know everyone has been raving about Megan Fox lately, but to be honest, I found her a little wooden.

:D

Norf Tyrone

Did she make you feel a little wooden too Zig?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Definitely must be getting grumpier.

Watched The Hangover and after 30 mins the film was dead. A few laughs earlier on but after a short period I didn't really care nor did I feel the actors cared. Ultimately predictable, i think we've developed into the American fast-food cinema for a brain-dead audience.

2/10 and the 2 came after 15 mins. Every joke had been done before.

The Real Laoislad

I get wood anytime I see her.......
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2009, 12:07:08 AM
Definitely must be getting grumpier.

Watched The Hangover and after 30 mins the film was dead. A few laughs earlier on but after a short period I didn't really care nor did I feel the actor's cared. Ultimately predictable, i think we've developed into the American fast-food cinema for a brain-dead audience.

2/10 and the 2 came after 15 mins. Every joke had been done before.

Hrash. Saw it last night and thought it was brilliant with the best laughs coming later on.

The geek fellah was just a grown-up McLovin.

As far as laugh out loud films go it was right up there.

ONeill

Watched Il Postino yesterday. Definitely recommend it. Hard not to like. The lead actor died the day after filming ended.

Archie Mitchell

Seen The Hangover this evening there.

Was ok, nothing spectacular but you get a good laugh out of it.