Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

That looks like Meath panel on their way to a training session.

longrunsthefox

Watched movie called Younglings on DVD last weekend. Angela Jolie and John Malcavich are in it. Really powerful story of police corruption in LA (I think) during the 1930s. Was quite disturbing in parts but excellent film. Apparently true story.       

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 12:27:05 PM
Watched movie called Younglings on DVD last weekend. Angela Jolie and John Malcavich are in it. Really powerful story of police corruption in LA (I think) during the 1930s. Was quite disturbing in parts but excellent film. Apparently true story.      

Have to agree, great movie!

Galwaybhoy

Watched both Pride and Glory and also Body of Lies.  Thought both were very good films.

Also saw No Country for Old Men again, easily my favourite film of the last few years.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 12:27:05 PM
Is it not called Changeling?

Watched Body of Lies last week and although not the worst film out at the minute, it was instantly forgettable. It certainly didn't make the most of the actors in it.

ziggysego

Fox often gets confused and forgetful in his old age. That fox has seen better days.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Yes it is called changling, not youngling. Was the film i was asking about on here last week, just watched it last nite. Thought it was excellent. Very sad.

Oops edited for my spolier in case anyone hasnt watched it

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 11, 2009, 05:46:36 PM
Yes it is called changling, not youngling. Was the film i was asking about on here last week, just watched it last nite. Thought it was excellent. Very sad , she never found the child and died never knowing if he escaped or not.

The thread is movie recommendations, not movie spoilers.

longrunsthefox

Changling! wat the fuc is the Fox thinking about? - I see in the dictionary it means 'one child switched for another.' aye you did spoil it a bit there Tyrone girl...weemen  ::)   

leenie

went to see the boat that rocked last night .... i enjoyed watching it... some good characters in it ... "thick" kevin..

i'd say its a great film for 60's music lovers...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Norf Tyrone

Taken- Brilliant. Thought it was better than the Bourne films, but I got not fell sorry for the girl that got kidnapped. She ran like a wild giraffe.
Role Models- Very funny... really enjoyed it.
Monsters vs Aliens- Poor enough.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Oakleafer93

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 06:05:51 PM
Changling! wat the f** is the Fox thinking about? - I see in the dictionary it means 'one child switched for another.' aye you did spoil it a bit there Tyrone girl...weemen  ::)   

Not wemen at all....Tyrone people more like!!  ;D

nrico2006

QuoteWatched Felon yesterday. Great show. Worth watching. Some of the prison fights are brutal.

Felon is a brilliant show and there is a good scene in it with your doll Nadia from 24.

Saw the Strangers with Liv Tyler.  Good show and wouldn't be one to watch at night on your own.

Body Of Lies was very good I thought, as was Taken (although not as good as the Bournes).

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Oakleafer93

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 15, 2009, 09:36:39 AM
QuoteWatched Felon yesterday. Great show. Worth watching. Some of the prison fights are brutal.

Felon is a brilliant show and there is a good scene in it with your doll Nadia from 24.

Saw the Strangers with Liv Tyler.  Good show and wouldn't be one to watch at night on your own.

Body Of Lies was very good I thought, as was Taken (although not as good as the Bournes).

The strangers was good until the point they couldn't be arsed thinking of an ending!!

Archie Mitchell

Thought The Strangers was very poor. Horrible ending. Not as bad as the ending in 30 Days Of Night. Now that was a terrible ending. In the cinema a few people actually said out loud "What the fcuk was that all about?" and tutted very loudly. Myself included.

Watched Traitor today at "work". Very good film, Don Cheadle was very good in it.