Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

I saw Valkryie last week, thought it was very good.

I saw The Wrestler this week, brilliant film but a bit depressing at times.  If anyone ever watched the movie/documentary "Beyond the Mat" it really shows how true to life this film is.

Canalman

Got out Rock n Rolla last night. Very average as was City of Men. RnR by far the poorest Guy Ritchie film I have seen.

Going to watch Before the Devil knows you're Dead tonight.

corn02

Watched Tropic Thunder last night, very good, a lot better than I expected.

Rav67

Saw Slumdog Millionaire which was ok, and Revolutionary Road which was excellent I thought.  The old couple's insane son is hilarious in it.

Main Street

With the son, I can't say hilarious is an emotion I felt, more like having a blast emotional pain (the facts of life)  being thrust into your face from a tortured soul.

I saw the Changeling and thought it was very good. The flip side of LA Confidential.

Our Nail Loney

Last couple weeks watched a few films...

Kidulthood - ok show, scary to think there are people like that over in England!!

Adulthood - see above

Platoon - I know I cant believe I had not seen this yet but I just kept missing it, though have to say it is a brilliant show, think I am going to watch it again tonight. Tom Berenger is excellent as the psychotic sergeant

Glengarry Glen Ross - didnt even know this film existed til about a month ago so went and bought it and have to say it was excellent, top acting from top top actors: Pacino, Spacey, Baldwin, Harris and particularly Jack Lemmon all great, would highly recommend this to anyone...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 15, 2009, 01:53:47 PM
Last couple weeks watched a few films...

Kidulthood - ok show, scary to think there are people like that over in England!!

Adulthood - see above

Platoon - I know I cant believe I had not seen this yet but I just kept missing it, though have to say it is a brilliant show, think I am going to watch it again tonight. Tom Berenger is excellent as the psychotic sergeant

Glengarry Glen Ross - didnt even know this film existed til about a month ago so went and bought it and have to say it was excellent, top acting from top top actors: Pacino, Spacey, Baldwin, Harris and particularly Jack Lemmon all great, would highly recommend this to anyone...
Had a wee blast of Platoon last night too as taped it off Sky the other night. Love it. Seen it about thirty times.

Canalman

Agree about Platoon......the only DVD I have that I rewatch all the time.

If you have the DVD the version with the "military" commentary of Dale Dye (ex USMC) is class.

Main Street

I watched Fargo again last night.
It's amazing that you still pick up on new things after 10 or 15 times, or else it's the memory that's fecked.

Has anybody spent time in rural parts of Minnesota?
Looks like they have a sort of a cerebrum defect, indigenous to that region.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Canalman on February 15, 2009, 06:23:00 PM
Agree about Platoon......the only DVD I have that I rewatch all the time.

If you have the DVD the version with the "military" commentary of Dale Dye (ex USMC) is class.

Yeah I do have the DVD, must give that a whirl then....

An Fear Rua

recently watched
Wrestler- Good, ending annoying

Slumdog Millionaire- very enjoyable

Rock N Rolla - same old same old

The day the earth stood still - pointless

Burn after Reading- really enjoyed it, Pitt was v good, as was JMalk

Have Australia, revolver, Death Race, Revolver and Seven thing(will smith) downloaded.

Any one seen the Spirit ?
Its Grim up North

Capt Pat

I saw the spirit and quite enjoyed it. It only has a 5.2 rating on IMDB which I can't understand. It is very like Sin City obviously. I think if you like that type of movie you will like this one.

Derry Dolly

there are loads i cud pick, but from recent viewing,benjamin button was a good show..altho very long, must've been near 3hrs

also, for one to cheer you up, i know some of the guys might not agree but mamma mia did it for me  ;D real feel good cheesy fun an pierce brosnans attempt at singing is comic entertainment alone  :D

The Corporal

Has anyone ever seen the film Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon? Absolute quality show!

Minder

Watched "Burn After Reading" on Saturday night, it was just ok.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"