Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 05, 2009, 07:35:14 PM
Watched that Frost-Nixon film the other night, really good!

Seen it advertised a few times and was considering going to see it.
Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

Really liked the trailer of this when I saw it... The woman gets to pick the next film we see and I bet she picks this, she does politics at uni. Pity, I really wanna see Role Models, I love Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott...

ONeill

Quote from: Rav67 on January 05, 2009, 06:19:27 PM
Watched Somers Town- another Shane Meadows film, only just over 1 hr long and a simple plot but its very well-made and some funny bits in it.

Watched Dead Man's Shoes last week by the same man. 8/10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Hard to believe he went on to present Through the Keyhole! Frost I mean. I think this will be front runner in the Oscars.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 05, 2009, 08:57:53 PM

Hard to believe he went on to present Through the Keyhole! Frost I mean. I think this will be front runner in the Oscars.

Aye he went way up in my estimation after watching that.

Downloaded this che film there, yous didn't tell me it was in, what? spanish?  I hate reading films. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 05, 2009, 09:02:33 PM

Downloaded this che film there, yous didn't tell me it was in, what? spanish?  I hate reading films. 

You pay for nothing these days!!  :D

achadh gallain

Seen a new clint eastwood film over in america there, dont think its out here yet though.. its called Gran Torino.. absolutely class film.. i usually hate clint eastwood films, though this one is very funny an not like any of his usual films.. highly recommended!  ;)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 05, 2009, 09:12:08 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 05, 2009, 09:02:33 PM

You pay for nothing these days!!  :D
There is a recession you know.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: achadh gallain on January 05, 2009, 09:15:34 PM
Seen a new clint eastwood film over in america there, dont think its out here yet though.. its called Gran Torino.. absolutely class film.. i usually hate clint eastwood films, though this one is very funny an not like any of his usual films.. highly recommended!  ;)

Thats a racing car game.

achadh gallain

well i definitely seen it in a cinema smart ass... its a new film aswell ya no!!  :)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: achadh gallain on January 05, 2009, 09:22:03 PM
well i definitely seen it in a cinema smart ass... its a new film aswell ya no!!  :)

it was a joke about the racing game, Gran Turismo, do keep up please

::)

ziggysego

Quote from: achadh gallain on January 05, 2009, 09:22:03 PM

In this day and age, that means nothing. Some people hear download film illegally you know ;) sssh
Testing Accessibility

achadh gallain

how the frig am i meant to no about car racin games?! im a girl... we'r not meant to understand these things!!

and i realise that zig.. im plannin on downloading it myself! ssssh!!!

Main Street

Best movie on the box over the Christmas was Das Boot (TG4 I think).

I saw Defiance, a story about the Bielski Brothers (tough feckers), making life out in the woods in Bellarussia, protecting over a 1,000 jews during WW2.
They were a bunch of terrorists who stopped at nothing to create mayhem, robbing, murder and extortion against law abiding civilians and the governing authorities ::)

I read a book about them a few years ago and it was a great read. If the film brings more to read the book then that will be it's greatest service.

Tony Baloney

Das Boot is magic. The sound and atmosphere is better than any film I've seen. If you watch it with the lights out and with surround sound you really feel the claustrophobia of life in a sub. You really find yourself rooting for the Germans!
I'd love to have seen it in the cinema. Read the book first so I loved the film before I ever watched it!
Pints you have to "read it" but it's well worth watching.