Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteSegal films are sh1te & only slightly worse than the Van Damme films were he tries to 'act' instead of concentrating on fighting

As bad films go, Aeon Flux was one of the worst ever & I mean the worst
Doubt if many people even seen the film

Granted alot of his films are bad but some are classics (obviously Under Siege but also Hard to Kill and Nico).

Van Damme had alot of 'better' movies such as Bloodsport, AWOL, Universal Soldier and Hard Target.).

Aeon Flux is dung, I would agree with you in that it is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

There is some brilliant Brad Pitt movies such as 7 Years in Tibet, Legends of the Fall, 12 Monkeys and A River Runs Through It.

Recently watched Atonement(crap) and for the first time I watched Ali which I thought was pretty impressive but then again I love all Michael Mann movies.

On the topic of worst movie ever, its hard to remember the really bad ones but I do remember seeing one last year that was among the worst I had ever seen - Sunshine with Cillian Murphy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Corporal

Does anyone watch the films that are on the Sci-Fi channel on sky? They show some good films but a lot of the time they show made for tv films which are tripe!

The Iceman

Segals movies recently have been rough - he is getting too old and can't pull off the moves he was famous for

Under Siege, Hard to Kill and Nico are definitely his best

Van-Damme was a long time favourite of mine growing up - Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Universal Soldier, Hard Target and Double Team being some of the better ones - he like Segal has had some rougher ones lately.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Terry Tate

Has anyone mentioned Dodgeball? "no-one makes me bleed my own blood" classic

corn02

Dodgeball was an average film the first time I watched it - as Stiller says in Extras it's layered.

pintsofguinness

Watched "Awake" the other night - it was an interesting one, worth a watch.

it was "thirteen conversations about one thing" last night, it was decent.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Iceman

Thought Vantage Point was a decent show - watched it a few weeks back

Watched 300 again last night - i tried to convince the missus she would enjoy it LOL sure she would - seriously love its your man from P.S I love you haha
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

tbrick18

Has anyone ever seen "Things to do in Denver when you're dead"? Mid nineties it came out...I thought it was a class film and there was one fantastic line in it I have always remembered when a hit man burst into a room to make a kill....."I am Godzilla, you are Japan".

Another couple of cult classics....The Crow, Leon, True Romance and all the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti westerns!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Iceman on September 29, 2008, 07:59:57 PM
Thought Vantage Point was a decent show - watched it a few weeks back

Watched 300 again last night - i tried to convince the missus she would enjoy it LOL sure she would - seriously love its your man from P.S I love you haha
Didn't fancy Vantage Point myself. Me and Mrs. B started watching some shite called Over Her Dead Body the other night with the one from Desperate Housewives in it. It lasted about 30 mins before the stop button was hit! Sex and the City got the same response last week.
I started watching Rescue Dawn the other night with Christian Bale but didn't watch much. Anyone seen it and is it worth persevering with?

longball

Taken is very good liam neeson was awesome in it. def go c it
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Bensars

Both available now with a quick search

Donagh

The Corporal

Tony thats exactly what you have to do with Rescue Dawn, persevere with it. I watched it a lock of weeks back and it took a while to get into but by the end of the film i thought it was great.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on September 27, 2008, 07:49:40 PM
Saw some shite about your phone ringing then you kick the bucket. Missed call or something. Crap.

Saw this myself HS. In the f**king cinema, total waste of money. Though I have the freaky ringtone and play it the odd time to freak the woman out.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Corporal on September 30, 2008, 09:21:32 AM
Tony thats exactly what you have to do with Rescue Dawn, persevere with it. I watched it a lock of weeks back and it took a while to get into but by the end of the film i thought it was great.
Cheers Corporal. I'll maybe give it another lash later in the week. I had seen good reviews of it and usually like that sort of flick but just wasn't in the form for it the other night.