Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 23, 2008, 10:47:30 PM
Has no one seen Wall-E yet?

i went on saturday mornin with 4 year old

i thought it was very good, thought it would be too old for the young fella but he loved it and didnt take his eyes off it

would go and see it again though also as i dont know why i thought it was so good as i cant really remember any dialogue or point to it
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Onion Bag

I watched Zoolander the other night on Film4, Thought it was a load of shite the 1st time i sat down to watch it, turned it off after 10 mins, but im glad i give it a second chance and thought it was very funny  but stupid if you know what i mean
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Zapatista

I saw Wall.e on Tuesday. I really enjoyed it. Very little dialogue but entertaining all the same. It could be the new ET.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 24, 2008, 08:54:55 AM
I watched Zoolander the other night on Film4, Thought it was a load of shite the 1st time i sat down to watch it, turned it off after 10 mins, but im glad i give it a second chance and thought it was very funny  but stupid if you know what i mean

Yeah Zoolander is class

Merman!!

buglebhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 09, 2008, 01:35:08 PM
Saw Gone Baby Gone at the weekend, very good, has something for everyone...

brilliant film

Niall Quinn

I enjoyed Burn After Reading. Fascinating characters.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

The Corporal

Seen Step Brothers the other week, possibly the funniest movie ive ever seen

screenexile

Watched Stepbrothers too but after the first sort of half an hour when the brothers stopped fighting eachother I kind of lost interest and the story dicintegrated massively. I know it's not a plotline I'm looking for in these types of movie but they could have made a bit of an effort at some kind of decent story. Not a patch on Anchorman, Wedding Crashers, Old School but fairly amusing.

The scene with the Drumkit will be a keeper and one fired about between lads for a log time. "Look my balls are on your drumkit." "Ha well my drum kit's a guy so that means your gay!"

mannix

There will be blood,

terrible storyline, the acting of daniel day lewis and the young preacher can save even a very bad movie, they are both unreal actors.

watched    one flew over the cuckoos nest,,, first time seeing it, very impressed with nicholson and the cast, great acting.

nrico2006

Quotewatched    one flew over the cuckoos nest,,, first time seeing it, very impressed with nicholson and the cast, great acting.

Only seen it last year myself - class.  The water horse is some show!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Aerlik

The Bank Job
Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
Mongol

All very enjoyable.

Wall-E; well, it was OK.  I watched it with mini-me and he loved it as most/all 7 y.o.'s would.  Still hard to beat Wallis and Grommit and Toy Story.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

corn02

There will be blood one of the biggest dissapointments ever. Watched No Country for Old Men again last night - excellent.

The Iceman

The Lost Boys the Tribe has to be the worst film I've seen in 10 years

stay away
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Corporal

Quote from: The Iceman on September 25, 2008, 01:19:33 PM
The Lost Boys the Tribe has to be the worst film I've seen in 10 years

stay away

What was the previous worst Iceman?

full back

Thought the start of Stepbrothers wasnt bad but it went slowly downhill
I think it is one of the breed 'silly' films & the comedy in them seems to be an acquired taste (like many recent 'comedies')