?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

honthecounty

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 03, 2019, 01:50:29 PM
Quote from: toby47 on April 03, 2019, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on April 03, 2019, 12:55:39 PM
Quote from: toby47 on April 03, 2019, 08:41:49 AM
How many teams go up/down in each division this year? Are there any play offs?
2 up, 2 down. No playoffs. Whoever finishes first in league wins it also.

Cheers.

Anyone having a guess at teams Promoted/Relegated in each division?

Division 1A
Relegated
Dungiven
Banagher

Division 1B
Promoted
Newbridge
Kilrea

Relegated
Drumsurn
Castledawson

Division 2
Promoted
Slaughtmanus
Lissan
I hope you are right in terms of your promotion choices for 1b but the loss of Michael Bateson is a huge loss for us not just in terms of ability but of leadership also.
Also Drumsun could be a bit of a dark horse this year they have a lot of good young players coming through in the Rafferty's, McHugh,Woods and Murray

Agree with your dungiven banagher + newbridge kilrea, i think Drumsurn can cause a few upsets over the year with young players coming in. Can see Limavady being relegated with possibly vale or dawson.

In division 2 i can see it being Slaughtmanus and Lissan but wouldnt rule out desertmartin either. Good to see Magilligan starting well as they have already beaten 2 relegated sides and sit top at early stage a seasoned junior team showing they can compete. Also Glack with a win over ballerin.

valeman

Quote from: honthecounty on April 08, 2019, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 03, 2019, 01:50:29 PM
Quote from: toby47 on April 03, 2019, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on April 03, 2019, 12:55:39 PM
Quote from: toby47 on April 03, 2019, 08:41:49 AM
How many teams go up/down in each division this year? Are there any play offs?
2 up, 2 down. No playoffs. Whoever finishes first in league wins it also.

Cheers.

Anyone having a guess at teams Promoted/Relegated in each division?

Division 1A
Relegated
Dungiven
Banagher

Division 1B
Promoted
Newbridge
Kilrea

Relegated
Drumsurn
Castledawson

Division 2
Promoted
Slaughtmanus
Lissan
I hope you are right in terms of your promotion choices for 1b but the loss of Michael Bateson is a huge loss for us not just in terms of ability but of leadership also.
Also Drumsun could be a bit of a dark horse this year they have a lot of good young players coming through in the Rafferty's, McHugh,Woods and Murray

Agree with your dungiven banagher + newbridge kilrea, i think Drumsurn can cause a few upsets over the year with young players coming in. Can see Limavady being relegated with possibly vale or dawson.

In division 2 i can see it being Slaughtmanus and Lissan but wouldnt rule out desertmartin either. Good to see Magilligan starting well as they have already beaten 2 relegated sides and sit top at early stage a seasoned junior team showing they can compete. Also Glack with a win over ballerin.

Id say Greenough and Newbridge for me to go up and I wouldn't disagree with us being in the relegation problems again this year along with Limavady. The game yesterday was disappointing as that's a poor enough Foreglen team; it was a close game for the most part but they over ran us for a 10 minute period in the 2nd half which put the game to bed. Experience and power did for us, we had a very young side out yesterday with I think only 3 players over 24 and the full back line and 2 of the half back line being teenagers and 4/5 players playing their first senior game. With Greenlough away next and then Steelstown and Kilrea, it could be a struggle. Whats the story with Dawson? I was surprised to see a few tipping them to go down but they took a bad beating during the week, where they missing men or have they lost a few?

tonesfirstandlast

The noisy neighbours could never cope with the passion of the blues. Another coming 😄

Squareball71

Greenlough got out of jail tonight. 9 points down in the second half and came back to win by a point with a last minute penalty. They seemed to have players missing but won't win promotion on this showing.

shawshank

Don't talk to me about football after that disaster yesterday. Our u12s could defend better.

honthecounty

Greenlough looked awful last night, grateful to have enda lynn last night as limavady tore their defence to shreds.

Also shocking at to hear the about the coleraine players being bit in their match against ballinderry - sc**bag move to bite a man.

Low and Hard

Quote from: honthecounty on April 09, 2019, 11:34:47 AM
Greenlough looked awful last night, grateful to have enda lynn last night as limavady tore their defence to shreds.

Also shocking at to hear the about the coleraine players being bit in their match against ballinderry - sc**bag move to bite a man.

Usually two sides to every story. You'd have to wonder what Mullans fingers were doing in his mouth too?

honthecounty

Quote from: Low and Hard on April 09, 2019, 01:29:12 PM

never an excuse for biting
Usually two sides to every story. You'd have to wonder what Mullans fingers were doing in his mouth too?

scallywag

The fact that no one is mentioning Mullans eye gouging attempt on mckindkess which sparked the brawl is hardly surprising!!

quiganmaster

Our game was very competitive with Tiarnan Mc Hugh making a big impact from the bench for Drumsurn (not sure why he didn't start). We didn't really get going until the second half, playing with 14 men. It took a few monster scores towards the end to get us over the line and we were happy enough to hear the final whistle!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: quiganmaster on April 09, 2019, 10:53:43 PM
Our game was very competitive with Tiarnan Mc Hugh making a big impact from the bench for Drumsurn (not sure why he didn't start). We didn't really get going until the second half, playing with 14 men. It took a few monster scores towards the end to get us over the line and we were happy enough to hear the final whistle!
McHugh had been carrying an injury last week  which is why he didn't start ,

OakLeaf

I wouldnt read too much into one game. One of Greenlough's players got married on Saturday and the vast majority of the team were at the reception. The next few games will give a more accurate picture.

petermce

O'Brien's G.F.C Foreglen v John Mitchel's GAC, Claudy  - Claudy by 5

Desertmartin v Sean Dolans - Desertmartin by 15

Na Piarsaigh Doire Trasna C.LG v Magilligan - Magilligan by 2

Slaughtneil v Bellaghy - Slaughtneil by 3

Sean O'Leary GAC Newbridge v Ballymaguigan - Newbridge by 10

Banagher v Coleraine - Coleraine by 8

Dungiven v Swatragh - Swatragh by 3

Lavey v O'Donovan Rossa GAC - Magherafelt by 3

Ballinascreen v The Loup - Screen by 4

Ballinderry v Glen - Glen by 2

Drumsurn v Limavady Wolfhounds - Limavady by 4

St Malachy's Castledawson v Steelstown Brian Og's - Steelstown by 4

Kilrea v Glenullin - Kilrea by 3

St Oliver Plunkett's GAC, Greenlough v Faughanvale - Greenlough by 5

St Marys Slaughtmanus GAC v Drum - Slaughtmanus by 16

Glack v Doire Colmcille - Glack by 6

St Mary's Ardmore v Craigbane  - Craigbane by 18

Ballerin v St Michael's GAC Lissan  - Lissan by 2

Past It

Quote from: scallywag on April 09, 2019, 02:31:42 PM
The fact that no one is mentioning Mullans eye gouging attempt on mckindkess which sparked the brawl is hardly surprising!!
you clearly were not there....

thepundit

Another crazy week of results in all 3 Divisions. Have to admit im enjoying this new structure. Some big scores in all 3 divisions. A few hammerings getting handed out but at the same time other established teams are not living up to some expectations. The results are interesting viewing every sunday evening!