Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: smelmoth on February 23, 2018, 06:28:53 PM
Quote from: red hander on February 21, 2018, 06:42:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 21, 2018, 06:28:20 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 21, 2018, 06:01:57 PM
Arlene speaks today
We were not contemplating bringing in an Irish language act and I could not be clearer in relation to that. If you look at the so-called draft agreement that is only one of a number of documents that were circulated and put out and about, and I think the important thing is that we now reflect on where we got to in relation to all of those issues, we have a budget put in place, I think that is important for the people of Northern Ireland and that we move forward.
Move forward! !!!
DUPUDA? ?
Maybe to 1697 perhaps  >:(

Doesn't really matter, she's an irrelevance, a mediocre solicitor from the sticks way out of her league with no discernible role now that Stormont is finito. If she doesn't throw the towel in, the findings of the RHI Inquiry will in all likelihood finish her, such was her ineptitude in the handling of that farce from the very start (not to mention the benefits accrued from it by members of her family in Fermanagh). As I said before, Brexit and demographics will sort the rest out for the Irish people of the putrid statelet ... tick tock, tick tock

If uk leave with a deal that impacts negatively on the 2 way trade between U.K. And RoI and RoI then also leave will that hasten a united ireland?

Demographics?? If this is based on percentage of the population identifying as from the catholic community times the percentage who want a UI times the percentage that will actually vote for it where are you getting data from that makes you think this is a simple matter of tick tock?

As for DUP they are a sorry bunch. The party contains many unsavoury candidates. Their support many more. But there is a gravitational pull towards their electoral success. Not all their voters share all of their unpleasant views and most would have no truck with UDA. The party are beholden to a scary right wing. It looks to me that will split unless in unearths a Paisley-like demagogue. Not said with relish

There is little chance of the Republic leaving the EU under any Brexit scenario, IMO. I believe the Tories will throw the DUP under the bus to get an advantageous deal, and as the EU has already indicated, that would involve the putrid statelet staying in customs union/single market, i.e special status and a border down Irish Sea. What are the DUP going to do? Pull the plug? That will let in Corbyn, who'd happily hand them their arses.

The demographics will not just be a sectarian headcount, Brexit has ensured that. Economics plays a part with a section of unionists as it does with castle Catholics, and if they think they'll be better off in a UI then they'll be more likely to back that. There's also the hardened attitude of the nationalist crocodiles sick to the back teeth of being treated with disdain by the DUP (thieving Planters) in their own land and now more likely to express their anger at the ballot box.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if the DUP splits, sure hasn't it got arch splitters like Foster and Donaldson in its ranks?

Rossfan

I think ye can all take it as read that the "RoI" won't be leaving the EU.
John Waters and a bunch of rightist extremists invited Farage to an "Irexit" event.
Apart from them nobody else interested in leaving the EU.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Demographics?? If this is based on percentage of the population identifying as from the catholic community times the percentage who want a UI times the percentage that will actually vote for it where are you getting data from that makes you think this is a simple matter of tick tock?

it isn't a simple matter of tick tock, you still have to put forward your case, but you at least have people listening to you. The problem is that the issue will then revolve around things like economics, matters on which SF have no credibility.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2018, 07:13:04 PM

it isn't a simple matter of tick tock, you still have to put forward your case, but you at least have people listening to you. The problem is that the issue will then revolve around things like economics, matters on which SF have no credibility.
The UK is an awful mess. the Brexit crowd do not care how much damage their pet project does and they do not care about NI. we are in real uncharted territory. It is very like  100 years ago. Anything can happen.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

smelmoth

Quote from: Rossfan on February 23, 2018, 07:07:42 PM
I think ye can all take it as read that the "RoI" won't be leaving the EU.
John Waters and a bunch of rightist extremists invited Farage to an "Irexit" event.
Apart from them nobody else interested in leaving the EU.

You can take it as read that RoI doesn't want Uk to leave the EU.

Once it does leave then we have get practicalities. The level of trade with UK and the level of intermediate products traded with U.K. that are part of the supply chain for traded products with EU and ROTW will create practical difficulties

Owen Brannigan

Foster got a roasting from Mrs Paisley who still carries a fair sway with the Church wing of the DUP:

"If you are a minister and someone in your department is wrong, the buck stops at your desk," said Baroness Paisley.
"You have got to do what is right and stand down from your position until the matter is sorted out," she told BBC Radio Foyle.

She said the DUP was as much to blame as Sinn Féin for the current impasse.

Asked if she included the DUP in people not facing up to the truth, she said: "That's right. They're hiding from the truth. And you must be absolutely honest with one another because there's only one way to be honest when you've made a mistake and it's to confess your sin and confess your mistakes because no one is perfect.

"If that had been done at the beginning, there would have been a very different situation than the one we are in at the minute. We would not be in the mess we are in," she added.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/baroness-paisley-my-husband-would-not-have-created-this-mess-1.3402512

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 23, 2018, 09:28:08 PM
Foster got a roasting from Mrs Paisley who still carries a fair sway with the Church wing of the DUP:

"If you are a minister and someone in your department is wrong, the buck stops at your desk," said Baroness Paisley.
"You have got to do what is right and stand down from your position until the matter is sorted out," she told BBC Radio Foyle.

She said the DUP was as much to blame as Sinn Féin for the current impasse.

Asked if she included the DUP in people not facing up to the truth, she said: "That's right. They're hiding from the truth. And you must be absolutely honest with one another because there's only one way to be honest when you've made a mistake and it's to confess your sin and confess your mistakes because no one is perfect.

"If that had been done at the beginning, there would have been a very different situation than the one we are in at the minute. We would not be in the mess we are in," she added.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/baroness-paisley-my-husband-would-not-have-created-this-mess-1.3402512

I heard her interviewed on RTÉ radio this morning, I hope that in 30 years time that I am as well able to state my case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Avondhu star

Quote from: ziggysego on February 23, 2018, 04:59:50 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on February 23, 2018, 02:05:28 PM
Quote from: GJL on February 23, 2018, 09:30:15 AM
Wee Jeffery got some roasting on The View last night. A joy to watch.
" a roasting " ?
Leave the rugby trial out of it

Don't be disgusting!! 😠

Ooooh Vicar!
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

Dodds was squirming in his seat on The View
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Samforever

Once questioned about " the document " he could not look Carruthers in the eye.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Samforever on March 01, 2018, 11:15:16 PM
Once questioned about " the document " he could not look Carruthers in the eye.
Was embarrassing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Good to see the judiciary are standing up to the politicians, putting a personal charge on Arlene for court costs and tell those in charge including civil servants that they will be in contempt if they do not get on with the inquests:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/high-court-rules-arlene-foster-liable-for-costs-in-legacy-case-36737824.html

Rossfan

Maybe they should let the Judges rule the place for 10 years.

WT4E

So Arlene would move out of Ireland if people voted to unite the island!

I think that sums it all up. Depressing really how she thinks!

Rossfan

That would be just grand.
One less painful bigoted 17th Century throwback in our lovely Isle.