Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

There are usually speed bumps outside school, so you can take a lot in at 5mph.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Barnster

Barnster

The flippant attitude of teachers on here sum up what is wrong, truly sad state of affairs, sure who cares, certainly not teachers.

Jim Bob

Barnster

Shock teachers on the drink on a Sunday.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 10:38:53 PM

Tell us what them bad aul teachers did on you at school ...

Milltown Row2

I can't wait till she's back in fairness, I hate getting up first...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FermGael

Sunday ?
What's wrong with the week nights ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 11:08:43 PM

Tell us what them bad aul teachers did on you at school ...

Point on the picture to where they touched you

Barnster

Who would have though belittlement another amazing teacher trait. Still waiting on any semblance of accountability to be demonstrated, but sure keep it up folks you are all a credit to your profession.

Barnster

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: delgany on August 14, 2022, 08:00:33 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 07:28:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 06:24:24 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:29:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.

Ok give me some of your suggestions please, I'm dying to hear

I am still trying to establish their accountability, feel free to enlighten me.

Who accountability? ETI? They report from their findings to the education dept, the principal and head teachers.. I thought you knew all this?

I've sat through a few over the years, prepare all you want, if you're crap at your job no amount of preparation will actually make you look good

So can you give me your suggestions on what to do or like you've always done with your previous names just avoid the question?

So they are accountable one week in what 3 years?

There are several layers of accountability in schools in tbe North, from ETI, BOG, Principal , senior leaders, key stage and subject leaders/ co - ordinators. The majority of evaluations / pupil outcomes are data driven, determined by standardised testing, 11+, GCSE & A levels.
Schools aim to be  self - evaluating annual targets for improvement, these are reviewed by ETI, in a 3 year cycle.
You have the whole debate around exam results etc etc. Way too much info required for a forum. Education is a very complex process in terms of continous  improvement but this is the aim of all  schools.
My wife's school hasn't seen the ETI in 7 years. Robust oversight there  ;D

Think they all missed this post!

RedHand88

Wtf is people's issue with teachers? Couldn't pay me to look after some of the brats now a days. They deserve the summer.

delgany

Quote from: Barnster on August 15, 2022, 07:37:23 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: delgany on August 14, 2022, 08:00:33 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 07:28:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 06:24:24 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:29:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.

Ok give me some of your suggestions please, I'm dying to hear

I am still trying to establish their accountability, feel free to enlighten me.

Who accountability? ETI? They report from their findings to the education dept, the principal and head teachers.. I thought you knew all this?

I've sat through a few over the years, prepare all you want, if you're crap at your job no amount of preparation will actually make you look good

So can you give me your suggestions on what to do or like you've always done with your previous names just avoid the question?

So they are accountable one week in what 3 years?

There are several layers of accountability in schools in tbe North, from ETI, BOG, Principal , senior leaders, key stage and subject leaders/ co - ordinators. The majority of evaluations / pupil outcomes are data driven, determined by standardised testing, 11+, GCSE & A levels.
Schools aim to be  self - evaluating annual targets for improvement, these are reviewed by ETI, in a 3 year cycle.
You have the whole debate around exam results etc etc. Way too much info required for a forum. Education is a very complex process in terms of continous  improvement but this is the aim of all  schools.
My wife's school hasn't seen the ETI in 7 years. Robust oversight there  ;D

Think they all missed this post!

It may well indicate that it is an excellent school, with high levels of performance and good outcomes for its pupils. A good  school doesnt need ETI to identify areas to improve. All inspection reports are published online, so plenty of information available.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2022, 07:38:48 AM
Wtf is people's issue with teachers? Couldn't pay me to look after some of the brats now a days. They deserve the summer.

Who? The brats you mention or the 'teachers who don't teach but babysit'?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2022, 07:38:48 AM

Yeah, good point.

People complaining here wouldn't last one hour in a classroom I'd say. Myself included.

Kids are grand, the odd one or two troublesome but I'd say the parents are hard to work with.