Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: yellowcard on July 21, 2012, 06:50:43 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 21, 2012, 06:46:35 PM
Paul Galvin almost in tears during that interview.

What did he say, thought he had a great game? As did Declan O'Sullivan and Donaghy but the latter 2 are very cynical snidey players. Donaghy must be the biggest whingebag playing at the minute.
Bad and all as he is wouldn't be as  bad as Ricey, sad way for McGuigan to probably finish his Tyrone Career was the player who made them tick over the last ten years

From the Bunker

Time for Tyrone to go back to looking for young lads. It will be ten years since the famous break through in 2003 next year. In the modern game 10 years is a long time. Tyrone are at present good enough to easily beat the middle to lower teams, but are getting embarrassing defeats at the business end of the Championship. Today  was like a re-run of their defeats of 2009, 2010 and 2011.

There is no shame for the remains of the glory era, they have written themselves into Gaa history as one of the greats, if not the greatest to emerge from Ulster football. They (certainly) owe nothing and now is the time to call an end.

Today was set up for Kerry, they had something to prove, they had home Pitch and the home crowd. They proved they have not gone away. Looking forward to seeing them again especially if it was Donegal!

seafoid

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 21, 2012, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 21, 2012, 06:50:43 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 21, 2012, 06:46:35 PM
Paul Galvin almost in tears during that interview.

What did he say, thought he had a great game? As did Declan O'Sullivan and Donaghy but the latter 2 are very cynical snidey players. Donaghy must be the biggest whingebag playing at the minute.
Bad and all as he is wouldn't be as  bad as Ricey, sad way for McGuigan to probably finish his Tyrone Career was the player who made them tick over the last ten years
zidane did it as well
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Well done to Kerry. Completely outclassed us in all sectors. Better defenders, midfielders and attackers. Hungrier. Tyrone haven't really competed since Cork 2009.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Ok...........disappointed but......

1. Beaten by better team on the day. Fair play to Kerry.
2. Not too disheartened. Cavanagh, Coney and O'Neill absent & McCurry, Clarke, Colm C, McNamee, Carlin, McCrory, Donnelly x 2 and Harte all enjoying thier first Championship start against Kerry. Will stand to them in the long run
3. This clearly meant a lot more to Kerry than to Tyrone. they celebrated like they won an AI, Galvin in tears etc.......really? for a county that has won so many AI titles, does beating Tyrone in a 3rd round Qualifier mean THAT much? Are we so far under their skin?
4. Mugsy stays on...McCurry off????? A curtain call for Mugsy I would think..no other reason for him to stay on the pitch based on todays performance..

5. As has been pointed out already...Coldrick......possibly the worst intercounty referee out there. How does McGuigan get a straight red for shoving someone in the back (oscar worthy going down TBF) while an assault by Curtin with the forearm on Colm Cavanagh results in a yellow. A scandalous set of decisions on their own merits...never mind in conext..............

Fair play to Kerry though..Tyrone needed the next score after the (lucky) goal...they conceded a green however and that was all she wrote.

Lot of shirt swapping at the end...good respect between the aul hands...end of an era for many I would say.

As my better half said to me during the game...Kerry are the dirtiest team around but get away with it through better PR....

Hoof Hearted

Does McGuigan miss Tyrone Club cship ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bigtogs

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: tyroneman on July 21, 2012, 07:47:53 PM
Ok...........disappointed but......

1. Beaten by better team on the day. Fair play to Kerry.
2. Not too disheartened. Cavanagh, Coney and O'Neill absent & McCurry, Clarke, Colm C, McNamee, Carlin, McCrory, Donnelly x 2 and Harte all enjoying thier first Championship start against Kerry. Will stand to them in the long run
3. This clearly meant a lot more to Kerry than to Tyrone. they celebrated like they won an AI, Galvin in tears etc.......really? for a county that has won so many AI titles, does beating Tyrone in a 3rd round Qualifier mean THAT much? Are we so far under their skin?
4. Mugsy stays on...McCurry off????? A curtain call for Mugsy I would think..no other reason for him to stay on the pitch based on todays performance..

5. As has been pointed out already...Coldrick......possibly the worst intercounty referee out there. How does McGuigan get a straight red for shoving someone in the back (oscar worthy going down TBF) while an assault by Curtin with the forearm on Colm Cavanagh results in a yellow. A scandalous set of decisions on their own merits...never mind in conext..............

Fair play to Kerry though..Tyrone needed the next score after the (lucky) goal...they conceded a green however and that was all she wrote.

Lot of shirt swapping at the end...good respect between the aul hands...end of an era for many I would say.

As my better half said to me during the game...Kerry are the dirtiest team around but get away with it through better PR....

Reason custom wasn't lined was Cavanagh got straight up after it. O'sullivan lay lifeless after being shouldered In The back.

clarshack

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
Well done to Kerry. Completely outclassed us in all sectors. Better defenders, midfielders and attackers. Hungrier. Tyrone haven't really competed since Cork 2009.

yeah, agree with all that but coldrick is still a cnut. how does curtin not get a straight a red card at the end?

Onion Bag

both incidents were yellows,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

reddgnhand

Bad result for Tyrone but no shame in losing to a team like Kerry. There are still some positives from the game. There is a lot for Mickey to work with over the next few years. 

AFS

Crap game. Didn't think Kerry still had as much in them. Also didn't think Tyrone had fallen quite as far, although O'Neill probably has it right when he says that they haven't really competed with the big boys for three or four seasons now. Harte has a mountain of work ahead of him, not much there to indicate that Tyrone's new crop measure up to what they are replacing.

In a game riddled with cynicism, Conor Gormley excelled himself once more. Out of Coldrick's many errors, his biggest was not lining that individual.

Fair play Kerry, far the better team.  Probably wouldn't have mattered what we did today.  Too many players injured, and some of those who were on were coming back from injury themselves and didn't look up to the pace.  But why did we persist with long kick outs to the middle of the field.  Kerry were cleaning them up and getting a lot of scores from it.

tyroneman

Quote.  both incidents were yellows,     

If you think smashing a forearm into a players face is a yellow card offence you really need to read the rules of the game.

thewobbler