Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Cant stand the divingDavid Coldrick a ahite referee

Fuzzman

The ref didn't beat us today but that last yellow card is the sort of thing that makes players decide right I'll take the law into my own hands here. End of our season so I'm gonna go that man.
Disgraceful decision

Well done Kerry. Ye were by FAR the better team. Congrats

Keepthefaith93

Referee had very little to do with Tyrone getting hammered.

joemamas

Declan O sullivan is a hateful Pri*K. I am sure there will be referees watching his B.S.

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: rrhf on July 21, 2012, 06:33:31 PM

seems like you are struggling to see the keyboard through your tears x

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: joemamas on July 21, 2012, 06:35:19 PM
Declan O sullivan is a hateful Pri*K. I am sure there will be referees watching his B.S.

the anger is strong in this one.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 21, 2012, 06:35:51 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 21, 2012, 06:33:31 PM

seems like you are struggling to see the keyboard through your tears x

lol

joemamas

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 21, 2012, 06:36:37 PM
Quote from: joemamas on July 21, 2012, 06:35:19 PM

the anger is strong in this one.

Not really, I am not from Tyrone, just hate to see players faking in order to get another player sent off.

Also thought the Ref was poor, As were Tyrone

tyroneboi

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on July 21, 2012, 06:35:06 PM
Referee had very little to do with Tyrone getting hammered.

I don't see anyone disputing that to be honest! A little consistency would be nice though. If mcguigan walked there is absolutely no doubt curtin should have gone too.

Lady GAA GAA

mcmenamin is vermin. a relentless tr**p

J OGorman

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 21, 2012, 06:40:13 PM
mcmenamin is vermin. a relentless tr**p

Go easy on the spritzers Missy :-)

Fuzzman

We were never in it lads right from the throw in.
Showed no intensity at all like we did v Donegal
Yes the ref was appalling but in fairness he booked as many in both teams I think

We won little in MF and when we had the ball we had no way of getting it into our FF line
Back in 2005 & 2008 we often prided ourselves with great kick passing into the FF line.
Now we hardly ever kick the ball more than 20 yards.
Maybe this is because of swarm defences or sweepers but I think you sometimes have to take that risk of kicking it into a 50/50 situation with the possible reward out-weighting the risk of losing possession.

We've brought in some new faces and are going in the right direction but we were no where near the level to compete with such a highly motivated Kerry team in their home soil.
Congrats Kerry and I hope ye get to the final where Dublin beat you again.  ;D

Minder

Shameful Tyrone performance
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

Quote from: Minder on July 21, 2012, 06:42:56 PM
Shameful Tyrone performance

Disgraceful, an absolute embarrassment.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I predicted a handy Kerry win and so it proved. Couldn't see the grounds for the optimism of other Tyrone fans given that Tyrone are very much in transition whereas Kerry are still amongst the best teams in the country.These are teams at different levels right now. Kerry were deserving winners and should really have won by more. All that said I think Tyrone will still be very disappointed by how they played, they are capable of better than that and it was the worst Tyrone performance in years. Coldrick had a very poor game indeed but that had no impact at all on the outcome.

I think looking back on this season Tyrone can count themselves unlucky in regarding the injuries to Sean Cavanagh and Kyle Coney. Two players who would have made a difference this summer. Disappointing however that Peter Harte, who was so impressive in the league, was anonymous in the championship games. A re-think required over his role and indeed over Tyrone's overall style of play. Cathal McCarron is another who was excellent in the league but poor when the championship arrived. Positives were the performances of Clarke and McCurry. I suspect another couple of retirements will be in the offing and that Mickey will accelerate the rebuild.

Had to chuckle at the pundits calling Kerry's massed defence "spectacular" and saying that breaking in waves from that massed defence was "all for one and one for all football". Rank hypocrisy. 

Well done to Kerry, I have a feeling that the lift they will take from this performance could propell them towards another All-Ireland. That team isn't finished yet and is still capable of beating anybody.