Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 17, 2019, 08:57:32 AM
Anton O'Toole

Dubs of the 70s/80s

The Black Panther - RIP

A true all time great. A wonderful footballer and a vital part of a great football side of the seventies and then went on to play a leading role when Dublin came back again in 1983.

May He Rest In Peace.

ziggysego

Why is the Internet awashed with adults crying over a grumpy looking dead cat?
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 21, 2019, 04:55:15 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 21, 2019, 04:10:39 AM
Niki Lauda ... 70
A genuine legend in F1 racing. How he made a comeback after the horrific injuries he sustained at the Nuerbergring in 1976 was astonishing even for now let alone back then. Totally understandable how that crash might have caused him at the last Grand Prix of the year in Japan which was raced in a monsoon to go "f*ck this, it's too dangerous out there" and end up handing James Hunt the title. Seemed like a decent man, I know that he did a lot of F1 punditry for RTL television in Germany.
Won the title in 1984 by half a point over Prost, the closest ever winning margin. To be back racing at all after that crash was something never mind become champion twice more. RIP.

GJL

I've watched F1 all my life and Lauda was one of the lead drivers when I started watching. Was a serious sportsman and his come back was one of the most amazing in the history of all sport and not just motorsport. RIP.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tatler Jack

Paddy Fahey at 102 . one of the best known composers of Irish music and a fine fiddle player

https://www.rte.ie/news/nuacht/2019/0531/1052855-an-fidleir-cailiuil-paddy-fahey-tar-eis-bhais/

BennyCake

Former Arsenal player Jose Antonio Reyes, 35.

Died in a car crash apparently.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on June 01, 2019, 04:02:21 PM

Only got married a few years ago and leaves 3 young children behind. RIP

Over the Bar

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 01, 2019, 04:13:25 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 01, 2019, 04:02:21 PM

Only got married a few years ago and leaves 3 young children behind. RIP

How very sad. RIP

BennyCake

Very sad indeed. Only 35.

Strange thing, a question I heard only the other day. Kevin Moran was the first sent off in a FA Cup final. Very few remember the second. It was Reyes in 2005.

Remember his clinker of a goal for Arsenal not long after he joined. Top corner. Never really worked out at Arsenal for him though.

The Blegard

Dr John.. Great loss
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

Tatler Jack

Wexford hurling great Ned Wheeler (87). Won 3 AI medals 55,56 and '60.

gawa316

Leyton Orient manager and former Spurs defender, Justin Edinburgh aged 49