Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilsJemmysField

Boo

Did that ever  young Knockbride swallow Larry Reilly make his annual return at the weekend

boojangles

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on May 09, 2011, 12:40:16 PM
Boo

Did that ever  young Knockbride swallow Larry Reilly make his annual return at the weekend

Indeed he did. Scored 1-7 too, with 4 or 5 from play. He won and scored a dubious penalty but great performance from him. He looked like he was going to win it for them all on his own at one stage. He should stick to the boxing training methinks.

Ollie

Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention.

http://cadburygaau21.com/heroes-of-the-future

Jack Brady got my vote. I felt he was the most consistently good player in all of the games during the campaign. He reminds me of Mickey Graham when he was emerging on the senior team. I think Brady has the potential to be a top forward in Ulster in the coming years.

Dougal

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 09, 2011, 12:50:35 PM
Ballinagh-Cavan gaels must have been a great game.. 1-17 is a very good scores and the gaels still lost.. Rare do they concede 5 goals in a game, ballinagh look like the team to stop this year, scoring high in all there games so far.. Lacken beat killeshandra by 4 pts, declan mckiernan played very well for them at ff..

it was 2-17.think the half time score was 1-06 to 2-07,johnston must have scored 7 or 8 in the second half alone,and got a few nice ones from out round the 45 (they were aided a lot by the wind though).hopefully paddy power dont cop on to ballinagh,they were 66/1 for the championship last year and are in almost the exact same group this year.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

I believe Mr gaynor was sent off again.

Dougal

ye,he wasnt happy about walsh getting a penalty (he went down very very easy).was lucky not to be given a card for giving out to the ref after it.ball was kicked out after the penalty and gaynor just backed into his man and took him out of it,he was just looking to get sent off.

Denn Forever

Plan your holidays.

Championship fixtures - rounds 1 and 2
10 May 2011

HOTEL KILMORE SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND
Fixture: Venue: Date: Time:
Lacken v Cavan Gaels Kingspan Breffni Park Friday, 22nd July 2011 8pm
Ramor Utd v Ballinagh St Matthews Park, Crosskeys Saturday, 23rd July 2011 7.30pm
Cuchulainns v Drumalee Ramor United Park, Virginia Friday, 22nd July 2011 8pm
Killygarry v Denn Lavey GAA Grounds, New Inns Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm
Castlerahan v Gowna Kingspan Breffni Park Saturday, 23rd July 2011 8pm
Belturbet v Redhills O'Connell Park, Drumlane Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm
Mullahoran v Kingscourt Kingspan Breffni Park Sunday, 24th July 2011 8pm

HOTEL KILMORE INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND
Cootehill v Knockbride St. Anne's Park, Bailieboro Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm
Bailieborough v Drung Hugh O'Reilly Memorial Park, Cootehill Friday, 22nd July 2011 8pm
Killeshandra v Killinkere Athletic Grounds, Crubany Saturday, 23rd July 2011 7.30pm
Butlersbridge v Swanlinbar St Aidan's Park, Templeport Friday, 22nd July 2011 8pm
Ballyhaise v Drumlane Kingspan Breffni Park Saturday, 23rd July 2011 6.30pm
Cavan Gaels v Drumgoon PJ Duke Park, Stradone Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm
Crosserlough v Ballymachugh Ballinagh GAA Grounds, Ballinagh Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm
Kill v Laragh Utd St Felim's Park, Drumalee Saturday, 23rd July 2011 7.30pm

HOTEL KILMORE JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND
Ballyconnell First Ulsters v Shercock Kingspan Breffni Park Sunday, 24th July 2011 6.30pm
Shannon Gaels v Mountnugent Packie Delvin Park, Killeshandra Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm
Munterconnacht v Corlough Paric Namh Fionnan, Cornafean Saturday, 23rd July 2011 6.30pm
Templeport v Cornafean First Ulsters Park, Ballyconnell Sunday, 24th July 2011 2pm

HOTEL KILMORE SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP SECOND ROUND
Lacken v Ramor Utd Kingspan Breffni Park Saturday, 30th July 2011 8pm
Cavan Gaels v Ballinagh Kingspan Breffni Park Sunday, 31st July 2011 7.30pm
Cuchulainns v Killygarry Lavey GAA Grounds, New Inns Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm
Drumalee v Denn Athletic Grounds, Crubany Saturday, 30th July 2011 7.30pm
Castlerahan v Belturbet Kingspan Breffni Park Friday, 29th July 2011 8pm
Gowna v Redhills Packie Delvin Park, Killeshandra Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm
Mullahoran v Lavey Dr Plunkett Memorial Park, Kilnaleck Friday, 29 July 2011 8pm

HOTEL KILMORE INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP SECOND ROUND
Cootehill v Bailieborough O Raghallaigh Park, Kingscourt Thursday, 28th July 2011 8pm
Knockbride v Drung Hugh O'Reilly Memorial Park, Cootehill Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm
Killeshandra v Butlersbridge St Aidan's Park, Templeport Saturday, 30th July 2011 7.30pm
Killinkere v Swanlinbar O'Connell Park, Drumlane Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm
Ballyhaise v Cavan Gaels St Felim's Park, Drumalee Friday, 29th July 2011 8pm
Drumlane v Drumgoon Kingspan Breffni Park Saturday, 30th July 2011 6.30pm
Crosserlough v Kill PJ Duke Park, Stradone Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm
Ballymachugh v Laragh Utd St Matthews Park, Crosskeys Thursday, 28th July 2011 8pm

HOTEL KILMORE JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP SECOND ROUND
Ballyconnell First Ulsters v Shannon Gaels St Mary's Park, Swanlinbar Saturday, 30th July 2011 7.30pm
Shercock v Mountnugent St. Anne's Park, Bailieboro Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm
Munterconnacht v Maghera Ramor United Park, Virginia Sunday, 31st July 2011 7.30pm
Templeport v Arva Corlough GAA Grounds, Corlough Sunday, 31st July 2011 2pm

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Breffni_Yank

Cavan joint-managers Terry Hyland and Val Andrews have included 10 of the U21 side that recently contested the All-Ireland final in their senior championship squad.

Gearoid McKiernan, Alan O'Mara, Niall Murray, Michael Brady, Niall McDermott, Fergal Flanagan, Oisin Moynagh, Damien Barkey, Barry Reilly and Niall McKiernan have been named in a new-look squad which contains only 13 survivors from last year's championship panel.

We want to try and keep developing them," Hyland said of the U21s in the squad.

"I have said on many occasions that they will not learn anything at home. While they might not feature that much when it comes to championship time, at least they are still in the learning process. They are getting grounded in training and other different things."

Injury has robbed Cavan of the services of Martin Reilly (cruciate ligament), Nicholas Walsh (back) and Gerald Pierson (knee) for the campaign ahead.

The squad in full is: James Reilly, Alan O'Mara, Damien Reilly, Dane O'Dowd, Dermot Sheridan, Mark McKeever, Martin Cahill, Stephen Jordan, Thomas Corr, John McCutcheon, Patrick Carroll, James McEnroe, Brendan Fitzpatrick, Cian Mackey, Keith Fannin, Michael Brennan, Ray Cullivan, Ronan Flanagan, Gareth Smith, Seanie Johnston, Eugene Keating, David Givney, Michael Lyng, Niall Murray, Gearoid McKiernan, Michael Brady, Niall McDermott, Fergal Flanagan, Oisin Moynagh, Damien Barkey, Barry Reilly and Niall McKiernan.

mylestheslasher

Gaynor gone from the list too. Also, if Pearson is injured how come he is playing with Gowna?

BigMac

No Podge either. Bit surprised at that because he played most of the league games, and played fairly well by all accounts. Bit surprised at Niall McKiernan's inclusion as he wasn't a starter for the U-21's. Gaynor gone too, but he was sent off AGAIN at the weekend and I presume the management have decided he isn't disciplined enough as I'm sure ability isn't a problem.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2011, 02:13:29 PM
Gaynor gone from the list too. Also, if Pearson is injured how come he is playing with Gowna?

Gaynor is injured and think Pierson is only back from injury. Its only a list of names. Players can be added to it.

Dougal

podge not being on it is the biggest surprise,after all the game time he got so far.15 players from this years and last years u21s,thats a massive number of young players.

booj,you involved with the cavan juniors this year?whos on the panel and is terry over them again this year?

Blue06

According to the Celt report Podge went off injured in the weekend game against the Gaels.

Also the Juniors are due to play Longford on May 25 in the first round.

club_man

Podge went off after 5mins of the gaels game with a knee problem. I assume he will be back on the panel when it's cleared up. As pointed out a very young panel but a clearout was needed.

Interesting to see how the u21's step up in Ulster senior championship

rodney trotter

Thought Alan Clarke would have made the panel, he didn't play much in the league but was solid last year..blow to see pierson out injured.