Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Gary Farrelly new minor manager.

cavanmaniac

I signed up for the patreon too, a great first interview with Mickey Graham and I hope they keep the quality content coming.

Was quite impressed listening to our new manager. Given a magic wand a few months ago none of us would have been banging the drum for his appointment but now that he's there, and having heard him speak, I'm quietly optimistic. We have a very seasoned core of players with Division 1 experience, a new manager that sounds very driven, professional and energised by what he's seeing in the club championships, and he's aware of what needs to be tackled. The first real barometer will be which absentees throw their lot in with the team, and encouragingly, it sounds like it'll be strictly on the manager's terms if they do come back. It's not beyond the bounds that we'd survive in Division 1 and that would be a marvellous platform for the year ahead.

mrdeeds

What a great final and delighted to finally see the club win one. For me Ronan Flanagan was MOTM but Sean Brady ultimately made the difference. Crosserlough are a superb team and will be back.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 23, 2018, 09:38:38 PM
What a great final and delighted to finally see the club win one. For me Ronan Flanagan was MOTM but Sean Brady ultimately made the difference. Crosserlough are a superb team and will be back.

Fantastic game. Pity there was a loser. The Lough will be back soon.

rodney trotter

They should be back with age profile, but that's not a guarantee. Ramor didn't push on after they won 2 years ago with a young team..

Gowna, Killygarry,Lavey will be looking at making the breakthrough too. Great co final.

Crosserlough let slip a lead in drawn game with gowns and did same again. Castlerahan reacted well to the goal and went for it there after

cavanmaniac

Unfortunately, the breakthrough nature of the win and the celebrating and so on makes it unlikely they'll be too focused on the Ulster club? Might it be another fast exit for the Cavan representatives?

five points

Quote from: cavanmaniac on October 23, 2018, 11:54:44 PM
Unfortunately, the breakthrough nature of the win and the celebrating and so on makes it unlikely they'll be too focused on the Ulster club? Might it be another fast exit for the Cavan representatives?

Who gives a shite, really?  Cavan Gaels got to the Ulster Club final last year and there were no bonfires. The Ulster Club is the tail that wags the county final dog.

cavanmaniac

It might be good for county pride. A rising tide lifts all boats! I'd be proud for any Cavan club to make its mark in Ulster but in Castlerahan's case it's hard to see them being overly interested in it, and they're playing the Derry champions to boot, but you never know.

Itchy

Quote from: cavanmaniac on October 24, 2018, 11:47:10 PM
It might be good for county pride. A rising tide lifts all boats! I'd be proud for any Cavan club to make its mark in Ulster but in Castlerahan's case it's hard to see them being overly interested in it, and they're playing the Derry champions to boot, but you never know.

You could make the same case for Coleraine not being interested, think it is their first too or at least first in a long long time.

cavanmaniac

Aha, I didn't know that. A real Battle of the Hangovers... :o

mrdeeds

The Crosserlough and Castlerahan players drank together in BJD on Monday and went up to Dublin together on Tuesday. Great to see.

marty34

Eoghan Rua won Derry in 2012. Probably 2nd best team in Derry since - after Slaughtneil obviously. Very consistent team. I'd say they'll be looking to progress in Ulster. They maybe did their 'celebrating' in 2012 and will try and push on a bit this year.

rodney trotter

They would be taking it serious. Coleraine won the kilmacud 7s last year, plenty of good footballers. Any club coming out of Derry is strong.

Casterahan will need to up the performance from the Co final

mrdeeds

Lots of new faces called in to Cavan for a look. Brian O Connell asked and said no. Ado Cole quit and Bradley in France. Simon Cadden in and Jack Brady back in. Paul Graham and Fortune in. Seven Crosserlough players in.

mrdeeds

Ronan Clarke new Gaels manager.