Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

3-17 from play.
That's what the Mayo ladies full forward line scored in a must-win game v Cavan the week after the walkout.
I think that was the achievement of the summer.

From the Bunker

Quote from: blast05 on October 18, 2018, 09:44:48 PM
3-17 from play.
That's what the Mayo ladies full forward line scored in a must-win game v Cavan the week after the walkout.
I think that was the achievement of the summer.

F Doherty (0-3),  N Kelly (0-5), S Rowe(1-7), G Kelly (2-6, 1 f) - You can see what the freedom to play meant to these players!

pbat

I see she is on the late late tomorrow night, cant see Tubridy giving her much of a grilling.

From the Bunker

Quote from: pbat on October 18, 2018, 09:52:01 PM
I see she is on the late late tomorrow night, cant see Tubridy giving her much of a grilling.

He won't. No media person takes on Cora.

dublin7

Tubridy couldn't grill a burger on a barbecue. He knows nothing about sport either so don't expect anything even remotely uncomfortable for Cora

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on October 18, 2018, 10:01:35 PM
Tubridy couldn't grill a burger on a barbecue. He knows nothing about sport either so don't expect anything even remotely uncomfortable for Cora

True, he will Plámás her. After all she is his guest and they are becoming harder to get by RTE. Especially different new guests. So he won't want to frighten potential future guests.

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2018, 10:23:25 PM
She's also the best there has been in LGF and has done a million times more good for the game than bad. But sure, forget that if it suits you.
Begrudgery still at the heart of this.

You literally have no local knowledge of the situation, do you?

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2018, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: stephenite on October 18, 2018, 10:39:10 PM
She's also the best there has been in LGF and has done a million times more good for the game than bad. But sure, forget that if it suits you.

You literally have no local knowledge of the situation, do you?
Do you?

Enough to not have contributed widely to this thread spreading falsehoods -  why someone from Belfast would profess to have such insight is interesting. Even worse when it's someone who's been on here as a the class clown for years.

stephenite

Maiden1

It happens all the time in club and county football where a player who has played for a team for a long time doesn't want to let go.  e.g.  Eamon O'Hara had a bit of a strop when Walsh dropped him for Sligo, Páidí Ó Sé said he didn't speak to Micko for a couple of years in the later 80s.  Brian Cody had a talk with DJ Carey at the end of the 2005 season where Cody said he saw DJ more as an impact sub going forward and DJ left the panel.  I remember myself getting dropped for the first game of the new season 1 year and thinking who to **** does the manager think he is.  It's only when I looked back a few years later that I thought yeah they were probably right.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

rosnarun

She’s also the best there has been in LGF and has done a million times more good for the game than bad. But sure, forget that if it suits you.
more of a case of Eaten bread is soon forgotten.
what ever arguments you make against her the she was  not that good any  is the stupidest.
She has brought ladies football to new places though playing football alone. no BS about I play football but I can be glamorous too excuse . She played hard and mean with a straight bat .
her time may or may not be gone but it looks like she'll rage against the dying light anyway .

as for my point about Ciaran Mc hee too took umbrage at being asked to prove himself after years in the mayo shirt  that was wrong as was Cora interview though she just put it in the hurt locker rather than walkout straight away
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Orchard park

Through my work, I have had up to 2 dozen lgfa county players incl some from mayo  here either on placement or working and over the yearsv i have been amazed at the low opinion all had of Cora...... the last 6 months have brought public what player opinion hss been for years.

It woukdvbdnkn contrast to male peers opinion of Shefflin, Gooch rtc

Being the most talented player everv doesnt make her right. The nearest I can equate to is Lester Piggott,  genius but only popular for his ability not his personality or treatment of others

cuyahoga

Through my work, I have had up to 2 dozen lgfa county players incl some from mayo  here either on placement or working and over the yearsv i have been amazed at the low opinion all had of Cora...... the last 6 months have brought public what player opinion hss been for years.

It woukdvbdnkn contrast to male peers opinion of Shefflin, Gooch rtc

Being the most talented player everv doesnt make her right. The nearest I can equate to is Lester Piggott,  genius but only popular for his ability not his personality or treatment of others

There are plenty of begruggers but, in The Late Late Show, she answered every question put to her and she deserves that her book will be sucessful.

From the Bunker

Quote from: cuyahoga on October 20, 2018, 02:02:46 AM

There are plenty of begruggers but, in The Late Late Show, she answered every question put to her and she deserves that her book will be sucessful.

Look, there is no doubting her ability. There is no doubting her achievements in Gaelic Football and even Soccer and Rugby. And even now Australian Rules. She has a driven personality that cannot be doubted. But her failure to adapt to being a team player especially in her older years has meant that this sort of situation was going to come sooner or later.

It's a sort of sad end to her distinguished Mayo career. Luckily it will be softened by still playing with Carnacon and her Australian Adventure.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2018, 10:45:54 PM
Never heard of it. Doubt it is in Mayo. You relying on 2nd/3rd hand info?
Good man.

You never heard of Ballina Stephenites? That's Ballina in Mayo.