2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I've always rated Glynn highly - he's a very intelligent footballer and has a good engine and decent pace. I think he could definitely do a job for us, at the very least as a squad player, but could have the potential to be in the starting 15 if he keeps showing as he's currently doing. Any update on Healy and his plans post injury?

Don Draper

A shame Glynn was lost to Laois for so long, you'd wonder whether he can be the player he was capable of once upon a time. Probably not you'd imagine.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Don Draper on December 07, 2017, 02:56:51 PM
A shame Glynn was lost to Laois for so long, you'd wonder whether he can be the player he was capable of once upon a time. Probably not you'd imagine.
What age would he be? 28, 29?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Don Draper

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on December 18, 2017, 09:22:44 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on December 07, 2017, 02:56:51 PM
What age would he be? 28, 29?
Played Minor 10 years ago, so in or around that bracket.

blueandwhite1

Any ideas on what sort of team might appear against Westmeath on 30th?

redsetanta

It will be very experimental I'd say with the league beginning early and many of the older players carrying knocks or out injured.

Be a case of looking at lads and how they compete at the higher level.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The PRO

I see where Mark Brehony of Sligo has retired from inter county. Him and Dermot Brady of Longford who did the same recently were the longest serving inter county players.
I wonder does the title pass to Ross this year?

Laoisguy

Was there a certain someone back training this morning? ;)

Tony

I had a feeling it wouldn't take him long as his brother is still about.

on the hop

I believe the panel was to be finalised today after training, with possibly 12 cut. anybody hear anything

The PRO

Quote from: on the hop on January 14, 2018, 04:51:52 PM
I believe the panel was to be finalised today after training, with possibly 12 cut. anybody hear anything
A bit unfair that some unnamed played strolls back this morning while a dozen lads get the bullet after bursting their holes for the last two months.
Anyway, if said player is good enough come the summer, I guess that's the measure.

O moore parklife

I hear what your saying but its not like he rocked up in the middle of the league. 2 weeks before the first match  and if imagine by johns form he will be running for quiet a while before kicking a ball . The last 2 months were an opportunity for fringe lads to put the hand up. Im sure the lads that did are there.

Tony

I'm ok with him coming back, now. He's been training solidly in other sports. He hasn't been out drinking and shmoking etc all day everyday. He will be welcomed back and the games we played so far were really for the newcomers to show their worth. Donie has already shown his worth as our best player on his day, so for him to show up to trial matches could have meant another player wouldn't get a chance to start. Positive all round and great news for the year ahead if it seems like all are pulling in the right direction. Now all we need is Cahir back and I'll be smiling from ear to ear  ;D

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ