Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Their concern for the well being of the city players  jumps off the page!
That's just, like your opinion man.

manfromdelmonte

how many fans were Spurs allowed in?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 30, 2020, 05:02:35 PM

What relevance has that to do with player welfare and wishing them well?

Didn't see issues raised when the Newcastle game was called off a while ago either.

Maroon Manc

City back training and no new cases, the plot thickens.

nrico2006

Have the 5 City players been named?  My FF team taking a beating this week with the postponed games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 30, 2020, 05:04:29 PM

Didn't see issues raised when the Newcastle game was called off a while ago either.
Everton were allowed 2000 fans into the home game.
I think they were annoyed about that

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 30, 2020, 08:16:19 PM

SHEEDY

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 30, 2020, 09:00:29 PM

Liverpool fans on gaaboard having a go at Everton for not showing enough concern for City players. Fake outrage at its best.
Who are these City players with covid? I thought Liverpool fans would be more outraged that it now seems City used this situation to gain an advantage by not wanting to play their 2nd game in 48hrs with no strikers available.
nil satis nisi optimum

reillycavan

Everton should get the 3 points. City didn't fancy a tough sway game. If they were top of league would game have been played?? 😉😉

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 30, 2020, 09:22:57 PM

Liverpool fans on gaaboard having a go at Everton for not showing enough concern for City players. Fake outrage at its best.
Who are these City players with covid? I thought Liverpool fans would be more outraged that it now seems City used this situation to gain an advantage by not wanting to play their 2nd game in 48hrs with no strikers available.
City already have games to make up and are still involved in Cup Semi Finals etc, I don't see how postponing last nights game has helped them at all. In fact I think it will be more of a disadvantage to them as they will have another game now to fit in somewhere.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Quote from: laoislad on December 30, 2020, 10:13:42 PM

City already have games to make up and are still involved in Cup Semi Finals etc, I don't see how postponing last nights game has helped them at all. In fact I think it will be more of a disadvantage to them as they will have another game now to fit in somewhere.

They really don't gain an advantage. It's the old GAA mentality coming through which follows a paranoid chain of thought that the only reason for postponement is to gain an advantage.

brokencrossbar1

Simply comparing the different approaches. I've no love for Spurs but at least they had the decency to wish the Fulham players well. Everton on the other hand come across as petty and small minded by questioning the integrity of what City have said. If City were at shenanigans then they should be exposed but I somehow doubt it given that they are so under the microscope

GetOverTheBar

I doubt City were at anything sneaky here Covid related. Guardiola's mother died from it remember. You would need to be dead inside to use it to a sporting advantage after that.

SHEEDY

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 30, 2020, 10:44:46 PM

Simply comparing the different approaches. I've no love for Spurs but at least they had the decency to wish the Fulham players well. Everton on the other hand come across as petty and small minded by questioning the integrity of what City have said. If City were at shenanigans then they should be exposed but I somehow doubt it given that they are so under the microscope
so in conclusion: Everton... petty and small minded, don't care about anybody. Man City... Integrity upheld, not bad lads, not like Everton. Spurs: decent lads for showing  a bit of concern, not like Everton. 🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 30, 2020, 10:55:25 PM
I doubt City were at anything sneaky here Covid related. Guardiola's mother died from it remember. You would need to be dead inside to use it to a sporting advantage after that.
😂
nil satis nisi optimum