Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

See Kieran Star Basketball Camp Donaghy thinks it's a great idea

From the Bunker

So here is the choice - Do you want to spend the money on a new set of Jerseys or Do you want to spend the money on improving the free takers in your club?

RedHand88

No, seriously, is this a joke?

imtommygunn

Taylor

Lets not pretend many players dont get 'extras' for showing up at coaching sessions for clubs/presentation nights etc etc.

Now some dont take it and are genuinely there to help but many do expect and take the envelope.

The bigger issue with Rock (if the prices are correct) is that they are exorbitantly high - like f**king hell to even have the neck to ask for those prices  :o

Many Dubs will undoubtedly back their man but something doesnt sit right in that this is just another example of Dublin being top of the pile financially

imtommygunn

Yeah Donaghy and others coming out to support it on twitter. It's exactly as you say  - it's the prices. 350 euros a session is ludicrous. I wonder how long that session lasts. That's as well paying a job as you would find anywhere lol.

tyrone08

I have no problem with lads making a few quid. But in this case Dean is literally charging for skills that he was taught for free. No doubt in the Dublin set up he has access to all the help and support to help him perfect his technique. Now he is charging people for the same info he got free of charge.

Anyone who thinks that an hour or 2 with Dean rock is going to make a massive improvement to their free taking is not thinking right.

five points

Dublingaa.ie lists his occupation as a "Leisure Centre Executive". I'd imagine an experienced and accredited coach would have more to offer young freetakers than a guy who just happens to take frees for the Dubs. All smells of snake oil.

DuffleKing

What would you be comfortable with him charging?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 23, 2020, 09:51:55 AM
What would you be comfortable with him charging?

Whatever the market will bear. Fools, money.

Jeepers Creepers

Do you get your money back he he misses one for the Dubs?

omagh_gael

Quote from: five points on July 23, 2020, 09:51:08 AM
Dublingaa.ie lists his occupation as a "Leisure Centre Executive". I'd imagine an experienced and accredited coach would have more to offer young freetakers than a guy who just happens to take frees for the Dubs. All smells of snake oil.

Dean doesn't work there he's a fund raising manager for Stewart's health care who support people with intellectual disabilities. Using his skills to raise a fair few euro in his private life too, obviously  :o

dublin7

Plenty bluffers and spoofers getting paid for taking club and county sessions around the country. At least Dean Rock has the success to back up his services.

The amount of begrudery towards him is over the top. No one is being forced to pay for his classes. If you don't want to pay it you don't have too.