The Big Bailout of the Eurozone (Another crisis coming? - Seriously)

Started by muppet, September 28, 2008, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: thejuice on May 16, 2012, 09:02:43 AM
am I mistaken, but XE.com don't sell currency?
There are companies which use XE and the like to set their rates when exchanging money. I use www.transferwise.com and their rates are pretty dam close to them. They charge a fee per transaction ( only £1 at the minute)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Declan on May 17, 2012, 11:52:26 AM
So today we have;
PARIS—France's new Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici Thursday said the government will push to renegotiate the European Union's fiscal compact on budget discipline.

"The treaty won't be ratified as it stands and it needs to be completed with an addition on growth," Moscovici said in an interview with local news channel BFM TV.e

Citigroup just said on bloomberg Spain WILL need a bailout by the end of the year. Not mincing words. Bankia just dropped by 25%.and have liabilities of almost €300 Billion.

CNBC is reporting Greece is limiting bank withdrawals to €50, not confirmed yet.

Everyone ready to vote??

There is only one way to vote on this. It's an insult to our intelligence and the parasites that masquerade as our government are showing their disdain for the general population by pursuing this.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 17, 2012, 12:22:41 PM
So today we have;
PARIS—France's new Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici Thursday said the government will push to renegotiate the European Union's fiscal compact on budget discipline.

"The treaty won't be ratified as it stands and it needs to be completed with an addition on growth," Moscovici said in an interview with local news channel BFM TV.e

Citigroup just said on bloomberg Spain WILL need a bailout by the end of the year. Not mincing words. Bankia just dropped by 25%.and have liabilities of almost €300 Billion.

CNBC is reporting Greece is limiting bank withdrawals to €50, not confirmed yet.

Everyone ready to vote??

There is only one way to vote on this. It's an insult to our intelligence and the parasites that masquerade as our government are showing their disdain for the general population by pursuing this.

Indeed there is only one way to vote and that's - YES.

What Ireland and Europe needs now is fewer people throwing petrol on the fire - because it's not the bondholders who will get burned, it will be the ordinary people.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

armaghniac

Quotebecause it's not the bondholders who will get burned, it will be the ordinary people.

Ah but a few "rich" people might get burned too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Declan

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 18, 2012, 05:12:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 17, 2012, 12:22:41 PM
So today we have;

Everyone ready to vote??

Indeed there is only one way to vote and that's - YES.

What Ireland and Europe needs now is fewer people throwing petrol on the fire - because it's not the bondholders who will get burned, it will be the ordinary people.

Sure we all know the bondholders issue is over - they've all been paid. I hope you have a better grasp of the issues than that post betrays. Do you think voting yes will save ordinary people getting burned? We're getting burned already and it will get worse regardless before it gets better. Even if you believe in agreeing to the fiscal rules and the further control over our destiny we are relinquishing this treaty is incomplete as evidenced by Germany holding back from ratification. We should not be voting on something that is incomplete. VOTE NO.

Hereiam

What people need to understand is that the money that they have in their accounts doesn't actually exist. Its just a number on a piece of paper.

Dougal Maguire

What is the true value of the Euro? When the currency started a Euro was worth about 62 pence sterling, at its highest it was worth perhaps 1.10 sterling and now its about 80 pence. So in an ideal world what would be its right and proper value if that makes sense
Careful now

armaghniac

Quoteat its highest it was worth perhaps 1.10 sterling

I think I missed that one.

Dougal Maguire

Christmas 2008. The year the Southerners were fighting out the back of Sainsbury's over pallets of beer.

I reckon the current rate must be just about right because if you use a 70cl bottle of Jameson on special offer as a guide you can currently buy one in Dunne's for 18 euro which converts to 12.40 sterling.
Careful now

ziggy90

Quote from: armaghniac on May 24, 2012, 08:04:02 PM

I didn't. :(
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

armaghniac

QuoteChristmas 2008. The year the Southerners were fighting out the back of Sainsbury's over pallets of beer.

At that time the Euro was 96p, it never was worth more than sterling.

However, since then sterling inflation has been 12-13%, Irish inflation 2-3% and the Euro has gone from 96p to 80p or so. Prices have indeed equalised.

Wildweasel74

a punt was worth £1.05 back round 1995/96 remember been in ballina fishing and they would not take pound coins as the punt was worth more, bet they wish they had the punt now!!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on May 24, 2012, 08:04:02 PM

He is getting confused, that was the Irish Punt that got to that level.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.