USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: ballymac on May 29, 2012, 11:49:40 AM
Tyrone injury list is growing and the number of walking wounded is growing. Also events taking place elsewhere are to say the least a distraction. This game is set up for Armagh to win and I don't think it will be a south armagh ambush but a full frontal attack.

Tyrone need to change their game plan as the Armagh manager (McGeeney) has been taking the last few sessions with his team.
Get your money on Armagh now
Are you Marty McFly?

Hashtag

Tyrone's full back line is likely to be:
2. Aidan McCrory
3. Conor Gormley
4. PJ Quinn

On paper Armagh may feel that this is there for the taking. However Tyrone's gameplan will never leave these three exposed. Armagh's best chance is long range point taking, bar Aaron Kernan I don't know who else could manage this for them.

Fuzzman

Wonder how would Ricey do in the half forward line

I'd be surprised if we don't have at least one McMahon in the FB line
If I was to pick my best team as of now I'd go for

Packie (need for new square ball rule)
Conor
Justin
PJ
McCarron
Joey
McCaul/Carlin
Colm
Cassidy
Ricey/McNabb
P.Harte
Mark Donnelly
Penrose
SoNeill
Mugsy

rrhf

If I was backing Id back the buckfast boyos.  I just think they have more zest in their attack.  They will peel away the layers of the Tyrone challenge before pipping the red hands at the post.  I think young Clarke is at the core of all that is good about Armagh. He can deliver on the big day by the pallet.     

omagh_gael

Pointless trying to predict the starting 15 at this stage with so many variables having changed. Horrendous luck for big Sean after working so hard to get back to full fitness, really feel for him. What's the story with Mattie Donnelly?

rrhf

Heard that we just ordered a 20 seater bus to Armagh as opposed to a 40 seater. 

Onion Bag

Never heard so much much doom and gloom from the tyronies in all me life,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

naka

tyrone will stuff armagh
end of discussion

EC Unique

Tyrone are starting to look weak. Should still have enough to beat the orange men though.

trileacman

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 30, 2012, 03:42:14 PM
Pointless trying to predict the starting 15 at this stage with so many variables having changed. Horrendous luck for big Sean after working so hard to get back to full fitness, really feel for him. What's the story with Mattie Donnelly?

Think he's wrapped in cotton wool in a padded cell in Fort Knox until the 9th. Can't be too careful now, especially after Stephen O'Neill lost an arm pouring his cereal this morning.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orchardman

Quote from: naka on May 30, 2012, 04:39:13 PM
tyrone will stuff armagh
end of discussion

that's more like it, no silly cute hoorism, it only suits kerry dungbags to be at that craic, hate when fans try to do it. I reckons we'll stuff u lot though.

do you tyrone people ever get sick of hearing that o'neill is an injury doubt, it seems to constant, and different injuries all the time

omagh_gael

Brian McGuigan is believed to be giving serious consideration to an invitation to re-join the Tyrone squad.

The Ardboe playmaker was one of six long-serving Tyrone stars who announced their inter-county retirements last year, but following the news that Sean Cavanagh will miss the rest of the season with a shoulder injury, he could be coaxed back into the fold.

"There is nothing confirmed yet, but certainly it's not out of the equation," explained Tyrone manager Mickey Harte who refused to identify the player who has been asked to come out of retirement.

"There has been some contact made, but there's nothing to be announced just yet. That's still up for grabs, but it's a possibility. It will depend on the person involved, whether they commit to it or not. We won't name anybody until we see if it actually comes to fruition."

Harte admitted that confirmation that Sean Cavanagh's season is over is a huge blow to Tyrone and the player himself.

"It's bad, it's the same - except on the other side - as he got last year, so it's a season-ending injury again. I think that's him for the season again," he told The Irish News.

"Our hearts go out to him because he made such a fight to get back after the last one, worked so hard. We're all behind him and hopefully when he get the operation sorted he'll fight back again, but it'll be next season unfortunately."

Harte is also sweating on the fitness of Cavanagh's younger brother Colm, team captain Stephen O'Neill and defender PJ Quinn ahead of Sunday week's Ulster SFC quarter-final against Armagh.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=170142

armaghniac

I suppose they'll be sending for McGuigan's da too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

Great fighter. I was at loftus road in 85 when he put pedrosa away

rrhf