Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: BenDover on July 09, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
I've a brother with flights booked from Finland into Dublin and then plans to travel home to Armagh, has anyone any idea what the story is with the 2 week isolation period can he do that at home or does he have to book somewhere in Dublin to do it? He'd be travelling with his partner and 2 young kids which is stressful enough at the best of times. Is there any update on the defined air bridge countries that was talked about so travellers from certain countries would be exempt for the isolation period?
Northern Ireland exec are to meet today to discuss changes to the quarantine travel rules for NI. I fully expect them to match England and allow travel to a number of countries that pose a smaller risk of coronavirus. My place of work in NI had just come out a couple of days ago saying if you are going on holiday abroad then you must use 10 floating days to cover your isolation period. Horrible ultimatum that would leave majority of people with no floating days for the rest of the year 

Angelo

Quote from: Nanderson on July 09, 2020, 08:48:05 AM
I've a brother with flights booked from Finland into Dublin and then plans to travel home to Armagh, has anyone any idea what the story is with the 2 week isolation period can he do that at home or does he have to book somewhere in Dublin to do it? He'd be travelling with his partner and 2 young kids which is stressful enough at the best of times. Is there any update on the defined air bridge countries that was talked about so travellers from certain countries would be exempt for the isolation period?
Northern Ireland exec are to meet today to discuss changes to the quarantine travel rules for NI. I fully expect them to match England and allow travel to a number of countries that pose a smaller risk of coronavirus. My place of work in NI had just come out a couple of days ago saying if you are going on holiday abroad then you must use 10 floating days to cover your isolation period. Horrible ultimatum that would leave majority of people with no floating days for the rest of the year

Why is it horrible?

There is a pandemic at play and these are not ordinary circumstances, everyone is going to suffer in someways and sacrificing travelling abroad for one bloody year is about the most minimum of circumstances some people could make.

I couldn't give a damn whether people work hard or not, it's a small sacrifice to ask people to make for one year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

OgraAnDun

I'd say they're more likely to push it out by a week or so to get a handle on what the south are doing. I think everyone at this stage realises an all Ireland approach is necessary... not following London.

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 09:50:50 AM

Why is it horrible?

There is a pandemic at play and these are not ordinary circumstances, everyone is going to suffer in someways and sacrificing travelling abroad for one bloody year is about the most minimum of circumstances some people could make.

I couldn't give a damn whether people work hard or not, it's a small sacrifice to ask people to make for one year.

So are you happy with someone travelling as soon as quarantine measures are lifted or do you not want people to travel in 2020.

Or perhaps you would be happier with March 2021.

When would you be happy?

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 10:49:52 AM
When would you be happy?

the day after the person is vaccinated?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

This thread is a good example of what I would call Covid Fascists. Cancel everything. Everyone has Covid. It's everyone elses fault. Cancel your life. These people are of course complete wankers and would wilfully break the rules themselves at the drop of a hat. See Sinn Fein supporters for a prime example.

JohnDenver

Quote from: trailer on July 09, 2020, 11:58:53 AM
This thread is a good example of what I would call Covid Fascists. Cancel everything. Everyone has Covid. It's everyone elses fault. Cancel your life. These people are of course complete wankers and would wilfully break the rules themselves at the drop of a hat. See Sinn Fein supporters for a prime example.
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 08, 2020, 11:07:02 PM
Stoopers never fail to get a dig in at SF, even when talking about holidays abroad ;D

Taylor

;D ;D ;D ;D

Try to keep SF supporters out of the holiday thread trailer - dont want to have to avoid this one as well

JohnDenver

Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 12:48:52 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

Try to keep SF supporters out of the holiday thread trailer - dont want to have to avoid this one as well

They won't need a holiday this year anyway, as they've been camped in his head a long time  ;D

Milltown Row2

Why not have a test after 2/3 days and if its negative whats the problem?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Cancel holidays why? If it's going go. What's so bad?
What if this time next year no vaccine and cases in say Spain Portugal Italy etc are still steady. Which in my opinion will be the case. Cancel next year also?

WeeDonns

We have staff, in NI, who have come in from Spain, Germany & UK to Dublin in the past 2 weeks & had no issues or requests to quarantine. Tick the box saying he's travelling on to NI & they don't want to know

armaghniac

Quote from: WeeDonns on July 09, 2020, 02:28:45 PM

We have staff, in NI, who have come in from Spain, Germany & UK to Dublin in the past 2 weeks & had no issues or requests to quarantine. Tick the box saying he's travelling on to NI & they don't want to know

Which is why the sick counties is a threat to us all.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone girl

Whats the big deal on going on holidays? If the plane im due to go on is going il be on it!!
Might i add i cant bloody wait  8)

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 09:50:50 AM

Why is it horrible?

So are you happy with someone travelling as soon as quarantine measures are lifted or do you not want people to travel in 2020.

Or perhaps you would be happier with March 2021.

When would you be happy?

I think people should be sacrificing foreign holidays for a year or whatever length it takes to get this virus quelled on a global scale. You look at the virus and how it has impacted everyone in the past few months, from the deaths of the vulnerable people to job losses, lockdown, social restrictions. Every single person - young, middle aged and old have been impacted. We now have the virus in such a position that it is quite low in the community on this island and this island has the perfect parameters to keep it that way, it's a small island on the westerly coast of Europe with few high density areas.

We can now enjoy some of the things that we haven't been able to for three months now, the economy is picking up again, we've got our freedom to travel on this island, things like restaurants, theatres, cinemas etc are opening up but we've got to be responsible to not letting it spike again and the single biggest threat is international travel, it's how the virus got here in the first place.

So if you want to be selfish and put all that hard work and suffering that has been inflicted on everyone on this island at jeopardy for a week in the sun then don't get pissy about your selfishness and sense of entitlement being called out.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL