All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2017, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
congratulations to Mayo today by far the better side Kerry simply second best. This kerry side are very overrated and Mayo proved again to be a team on a mission which hopefully fails against Tyrone on the 3rd Sunday but that's for another day. Well done.
Is there a match on in Omagh?

Not to my knowledge you tool.

Seafoid as a Croke Park phobia. I believe Galway are more than 15 years without a Championship football win at Croke Park. He's been hysterical the past couple of weeks.

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 26, 2017, 07:03:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how Kerry will to put it up to Dublin in the final now, alright.

You really are a persistent plonker, aren't you! :D

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that thinking Tyrone won't have close to enough to beat Dublin is a treasonous offense for posters north of the border.

larryin89

We did ok against a poor kerry team , the winners will come from tomorrows game
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 07:12:23 PM

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how Kerry will to put it up to Dublin in the final now, alright.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that thinking Tyrone won't have close to enough to beat Dublin is a treasonous offense for posters north of the border.

You also didn't think Mayo had enough for Kerry. You're not very good at analysing and understanding gaelic football.

Jinxy

Gough had a fine game and didn't put up with any mouthing either.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 26, 2017, 07:08:44 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2017, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 26, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
congratulations to Mayo today by far the better side Kerry simply second best. This kerry side are very overrated and Mayo proved again to be a team on a mission which hopefully fails against Tyrone on the 3rd Sunday but that's for another day. Well done.
Is there a match on in Omagh?

Not to my knowledge you tool.

Seafoid as a Croke Park phobia. I believe Galway are more than 15 years without a Championship football win at Croke Park. He's been hysterical the past couple of weeks.
Wow Bomber. Unfortunately you can't enter the uaisleacht lounge with 3 all Irelands 

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on August 26, 2017, 07:12:28 PM
We did ok against a poor kerry team , the winners will come from tomorrows game
Lets be honest Larry, this Mayo team are more primed and ready to win this All Ireland than ever before. Dublin and Tyrone will probably knock the shite out of each other leaving the winner weary,battered and bruised for hungry and determined Mayo team.

Zulu

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 26, 2017, 06:00:21 PM
What did Durcan get the second yellow for? I seemed to miss that on the tv.
Also, no qualms with COC black even though it technically wasn't a black per the rule. That's what it was brought in for.

I called the DOS incident a black in real time and haven seen a replay. Very little analysis offered on tv.

DOS definitely not a black card. I think Kerry can feel hard done by the ref today, they brought some of it on themselves but there were definitely a few big calls that were harsh to say the least. That aside, Mayo by far the better team and it's hard to understand why they were ever questioned. Give them Paul Geaney and they'd be the best team in Ireland. It's no wonder the Mayo public are so passionate about them, they are a credit to the GAA. I hope Colm Boyle never retires, what a warrior!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Once is enough, plonker, no need to repeat your ignorance ad nauseam, like.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 26, 2017, 07:40:59 PM

Are you ten years old?

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 07:42:27 PM

Are you ten years old?

Are you? All you do is come out with childish nonsense in attempt to wind people up.

Zulu

Wouldn't agree with those calling Kerry poor. Mayo are a serious team with plenty of experienced proven IC footballers and will challenge anyone, yet Kerry were very unlucky not to get two goals, and bring this to the wire. Moran, Geaney, O'Donoghue, Walsh, Crowley, Young, Donaghy and (probably) Morley, Griffin are quality IC players. Moran, Geaney and O'Donoghue would probably make an Irish team, Geaney would be the main forward. If they can bring through a few players from their recent successful minor teams they'll win senior championships pretty soon.

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 26, 2017, 07:44:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2017, 07:42:27 PM

Are you ten years old?

Are you? All you do is come out with childish nonsense in attempt to wind people up.

If you think saying Dublin is going to beat Tyrone is childish nonsense you're not going to be in a good mood tomorrow. I'm not the one throwing my toys out of the pram and getting personal because someone said something I didn't agree with.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 26, 2017, 05:13:58 PM

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 05:51:08 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 17, 2017, 01:23:16 PM
If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Clarke (although I don't know much about the Kerry keeper tbh)
Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)
Moran Parsons (tight call for the 2nd position)
McLoughlin AOS Buckley (two slow men in the HF line though)
Geaney COC JOD (COC ahead of moran for his free taking)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

Enright is a liability.

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 17, 2017, 08:04:15 PM
How is he a liability?

He's not very good and if he wore another jersey other than Kerry's he'd probably be lucky to see half time in most games.
I couldn't disagree more.

I wonder what games some people watch at times. Enright has played plenty of high profile games before, it should be evident that the guy is not up to it. He has no pace, he can't tackle and his discipline and propensity to give away needless frees is shocking.

He'd struggle to make decent club side to be honest, by far the worst player I can remember to ever win an All Star.
Well played. Enright was poor over the two games. I believe that historically he's a good player. But once you're happy you're right then that's what matters.

Funny enough he won two clear balls in front of Moran in the first half despite him being so poor.