Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Don't think the development role you talk of Saffron heart is anything at all to do with games development. That's the remit of county games and development officer.

Development remit is about capital projects such as ground development, assets and funding. Maybe someone else can confirm this or otherwise.

johnneycool

Last Man

Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2015, 06:46:22 PM
You do have to admit that Sean Fleming has a very full CV for this position. Whilst I am proud to embrace the Saffron Vision initiative and hope that most of their candidates are successful, I won't be in the least bit disappointed if SF is elected. He has put some years into both his club and his county.
I would struggle with his emphasis on integrity given some of the sneaky moves he has pulled in matters to do with our club, but sure its only St.Endas so what the hell odds. He's not adverse to a chip on the shoulder even if its only with us so that rules him out for me in such an influential position.

bannside

That's democracy Last Man. I'm sure every man standing will have both supporters and detractors.

culchie11

ah now u r coming. Round to my way of thinking Bannside!
It will be a mash up as they say. Each candidate on both sides have their pros and cons

Imo

Cathaoirleach (Chairperson).  -  a toss of a coin between them, it could go either way in seriousness
Joe Edwards.   
Colin Donnelly
Leas-Cathaoirleach (Vice Chairperson)
Sean Fleming
Leas-Rúnaí (Asst Secretary)
Stephen O Boyle
Cisteoir (Treasurer) - I think paul McCann is edge this one just
Paul Mc Cann
Leas-Cisteoir (Ast Treasurer)
Gerald Mc Garry
Oifigeach Caidrim Poibli  (PRO) - again tight and can't call it.
Sean Kelly
Brendan Mulgrew
Oifigeach Oiliuna  (Coaching) - no saffron vision candidate?!
Columb Walsh
Oifigeach Forbartha  (Development) - if only Philip Christie had ran for this position!!
Frank Smyth
Jim Murray
Jim Mc Grath
Oifigeach Teanga & Cultur (Language &  Culture)
Bronagh Lennon
Teachta Ard Comhairle (Central Council)
Danny Mc Lernon
Teachta Comhairle Uladh (2) (Ulster Council)
Alex Mc Quillan
Jim McLean

Sportacus

"Every man and woman standing..."

bogieman

Regarding SF promo, is handball not an integral part of Antrim GAA ?
I understand not one court is planned for Dunsilly nor casement.

If the canvassing material is not available for each candidate, can you guys not knock together a short sentence for each candidate, i.e. a main pro and main con (singular)... Honest with the pro, sensitive with the con.

We can the summarise and send a copy to each club secretary...
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bannside

Good luck with that Bogeyman. You would need a very knowledgeable person with lots of time who would be totally impartial if it was to be done fairly. Not many here (or anywhere else) with those credentials.

I suggest that every nominee is given 400 words (for example) to write their own blurb, within a week of acceptance, and this could be circulated with photos, in one large document to all clubs.

Now that's a level playing field at least.

Problem is most typical club delegates wouldn't know half the nominees if they walked past them on the street. So yes, some agreed form of education would be good.

bannside

Culchie, coming round to your thinking at last??? I made the point of "mix and match" on page one of this thread!

The way I see it is several of the SV nominations are ESSENTIAL if we are to make the type of progress we desire.  Some of the other positions are DESIRABLE.

No one is expecting a clean sweep. If the essential candidates are elected everything else is a bonus. That's my own view anyway.

Last Man

Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2015, 10:48:26 PM
That's democracy Last Man. I'm sure every man standing will have both supporters and detractors.

Fair enough, I just wish candidates wouldnt portray themselves as having particular core values when in certain situations the veil can and does drop. Anyway, let delegates vote with a clear concience and thats the best we can hope for.

culchie11

A mix and match after i said it on the hurling or football thread before we jumped to a new thread.

but sure u have seen sense so never worry, not here to trip people up or anything.

i agree with your theory of having same budget for football and hurling by the way!

which positions do u c as essential then bannside, treasurer is one!

cnma

If you want to "clear the decks" you'd hardly want Gerald McGarry or Tyrone Eastwood as Assistant Treasurer?

bannside

To be fair Cnma those men have made themselves available to perform that role when others refused to do so. But we are entering an era with large capital projects so qualified and experienced personell are now needed. Pol Mc Canna has that high level experience. This is an essential position alright Culchie.

Chairman position too is absolitely essential. We need someone who will transmit a vibrant and fresh new image and who will attract new and capable people to work at county level. We don't need a hard man dictator type. Someone who will deliver, not dictate.

For me the other huge position is ass secretary. We need a person who is strong enough to extract the best from our paid official, but at yhe same time ensure that he dosent overstep the mark. This is a big challenge.

Obviously whoever will run CCC is huge too, and we need coaching and games properly supported. We will need good PR. We will need strong representation in Ulster. All roles important.....but if we get these first three positions sorted out with the best applicants then the rest will follow in due course. Rome wasnt built in a day.

theskull1

If I was in anyway associated with the fundraising side of Antrim, for my own integrity I'd be demanding checks and balances in terms of how money was handled. How easy should it be to sell a ticket at the gate with a number, total up the tickets sold with the money collected... hey presto? The fact that has never took place has always troubled me. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Walter Cronc

Sorry lads as I'm dropping into this discussion.

Never realised that 2 full pitches had been fenced off and fully sown. What was the delay in completing this? Floodlights/changing rooms etc. Lack of funding?

Although it makes sense location wise would there be a risk of vandalism by the 'fleg brigade' due to its location?