Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I was told Co Board said to manager that Ros game didn't matter and suggested he give the panel a run out.
He refused point blank as he wanted to beat Roscommon.
Don't know how reliable that is though.
Anyway Congrats to the Rhubarbs and good luck to both Connacht teams in AI series.
I believe Leinster Final  is Kildare v Dublin tomorrow.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2019, 10:16:19 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2019, 10:12:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2019, 09:38:37 PM
Yeah, very strong and direct. What club?

Morrin? Ballina.

Looked v good tonight, pity he's from ballina mind you  ;D

You know as well as I do when Ballina lads are good they are usually very good! Lol! I suspect he may be good enough to go the rugby road though. Thornton was very good too and Frank is the real deal but has had injuries lately and we've yet to see the best of him. Callinan would be a boost if he can get back to fitness and the age again next year.

Blowitupref

Connacht U20 final on tomorrow night at 730 in Tuam. No Youtube coverage for this final unlike the U17 final by the looks of it?

Two teams named

Galway: Oran Burke, Ross Mahon, Seán Mulkerrin, Eoghan McFadden, Liam Boyle, Ciarán Potter, Jack Kirrane, Matthias Barrett, Michael Collins, Matthew Tierney, Gavin Burke, Ben O'Connell, Darragh Silke, Padraig Costello, Rory Cunningham

Mayo: Jamie McNicholas, Jack Coyne, Rory Brickenden, Oisín Mullin, Aaron McDonnell, Conor Beirne, Eoghan McLaughlin, Evan O'Brien, Gavin Durcan, John Gallagher, Paul Towey, Paddy Goldrick, Aidan Orme, Stephen McGreal, Tommy Conroy

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2019, 11:56:54 PM
Connacht U20 final on tomorrow night at 730 in Tuam. No Youtube coverage for this final unlike the U17 final by the looks of it?

Two teams named

Galway: Oran Burke, Ross Mahon, Seán Mulkerrin, Eoghan McFadden, Liam Boyle, Ciarán Potter, Jack Kirrane, Matthias Barrett, Michael Collins, Matthew Tierney, Gavin Burke, Ben O'Connell, Darragh Silke, Padraig Costello, Rory Cunningham

Mayo: Jamie McNicholas, Jack Coyne, Rory Brickenden, Oisín Mullin, Aaron McDonnell, Conor Beirne, Eoghan McLaughlin, Evan O'Brien, Gavin Durcan, John Gallagher, Paul Towey, Paddy Goldrick, Aidan Orme, Stephen McGreal, Tommy Conroy

Galway have been really hyped up due to the results in the John Kerins competiton, Galway never seems to wear the favourites tag well.

I only saw this bunch once at minor level against Cavan and they were poor, lets hope they live up to the expectation.

GetItInTheMixer

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 10, 2019, 09:39:58 AM

Two teams named

Galway have been really hyped up due to the results in the John Kerins competiton, Galway never seems to wear the favourites tag well.

I only saw this bunch once at minor level against Cavan and they were poor, lets hope they live up to the expectation.

Their best player by far at minor (2017)  was Evan Murphy who is out with a long term injury , but 2 years is a long time at that age i suppose. Tonight is the test,  the pre-season stuff they won a lot of games in doesn't prove much.

GalwayBayBoy

Two teams named

They hammered this Mayo team by 13 points at minor in 2017 albeit Evan Murphy is a substantial loss since then but Matthew Tierney was only a sub that day and has really blossomed since. A lot of positional changes on the Mayo side since 2017 so it'll be a lot tighter tonight I imagine.

galwayman

Yeah I think this Galway team is way overhyped.
They won a pre season tournament but the main reason is the fact that Padraic Joyce is the manager!
Mayo at 2/1 is a serious price.
It's a very different Mayo side to minor two years ago.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 10, 2019, 11:50:32 AM

Two teams named

Galway: Oran Burke, Ross Mahon, Seán Mulkerrin, Eoghan McFadden, Liam Boyle, Ciarán Potter, Jack Kirrane, Matthias Barrett, Michael Collins, Matthew Tierney, Gavin Burke, Ben O’Connell, Darragh Silke, Padraig Costello, Rory Cunningham

Mayo: Jamie McNicholas, Jack Coyne, Rory Brickenden, Oisín Mullin, Aaron McDonnell, Conor Beirne, Eoghan McLaughlin, Evan O’Brien, Gavin Durcan, John Gallagher, Paul Towey, Paddy Goldrick, Aidan Orme, Stephen McGreal, Tommy Conroy

They hammered this Mayo team by 13 points at minor in 2017 albeit Evan Murphy is a substantial loss since then but Matthew Tierney was only a sub that day and has really blossomed since. A lot of positional changes on the Mayo side since 2017 so it'll be a lot tighter tonight I imagine.

What happened to Evan Murphy's try out with Galway United, was it cut short due to injury? both have 8 same starters by my count from that minor match.  Daniel Kenny who i recall was big physical lad scored two goals in that match is he still playing football?  I think Tierney was starter Galway U17 team that year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 10, 2019, 12:29:56 PM

Two teams named

What happened to Evan Murphy's try out with Galway United, was it cut short due to injury? both have 8 same starters by my county from that minor match.  Daniel Kenny who i recall was big physical lad scored two goals in that match is he still playing football?  I think Tierney was starter Galway U17 team that year.

Not sure. I definitely saw him pictured in Galway United gear at some stage last year but then he got a bad injury playing for Salthill last August. No sign of him since.

Tubberman

I heard he's transferring to Mayo - the heart wasn't in it with Galway...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

galwayman

Two teams named

What happened to Evan Murphy's try out with Galway United, was it cut short due to injury? both have 8 same starters by my county from that minor match.  Daniel Kenny who i recall was big physical lad scored two goals in that match is he still playing football?  I think Tierney was starter Galway U17 team that year.
It was the Galway United u19s he was with I think.
Not sure what the story is with his injury now.

Maroon Manc

Two teams named

Tierney did play U17 that year, he's underage for the 20's again next year,

Cunny Funt

U20 All Ireland semi finals to be played July 27th or 28th, Munster still has to play its semi finals yet.

The line up will be

Galway or Mayo v Laois or Dublin
Munster winner v Tyrone or Derry

Minor 2017  Derry won Ulster,Galway Connacht,Dublin Leinster and Kerry Munster.

GetItInTheMixer

Two teams named

What happened to Evan Murphy's try out with Galway United, was it cut short due to injury? both have 8 same starters by my count from that minor match.  Daniel Kenny who i recall was big physical lad scored two goals in that match is he still playing football?  I think Tierney was starter Galway U17 team that year.

As far as i know he was playing some games with Galway Utd (Centre back i believe)  and missed some of the club championship around this time last year,  then came back for the quarterfinal and very unfortunately picked up a bad injury.

thebackbar1

Quote from: GetItInTheMixer on July 10, 2019, 03:12:36 PM

Two teams named

As far as i know he was playing some games with Galway Utd (Centre back i believe)  and missed some of the club championship around this time last year,  then came back for the quarterfinal and very unfortunately picked up a bad injury.
he did his cruciate, a big loss for Galway, i think he would of thrived under the management of P Joyce